Peter Phillips and Family News and Events 2: Nov 2005- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I frankly think the neighbor was just being a nosey busybody and there are few things that make me roll my eyes harder than that kind of behavior. The police found that everything was on the up and up so that's good enough for me. That said, I don't really think Peter's spokesperson did him any favors. He easily could have issued a statement saying something to the effect of "Mr. Phillips was traveling on business as is permitted by current rules. Police found this to be a non-incident and no further comment will be given about his business meetings and contacts." Instead, a statement about not commenting on his accommodations when traveling on business just stirred the pot and added unnecessary drama, in my opinion.

They have been separated for a few years apparently.

I can imagine that a divorce of a member of the royal family where both also shared businesses is rather complicated so an impartial judge would be welcome. Especially for the sake of their children, I hope it will not negatively impact their relationship after divorce. So far, they seem to have managed that relatively well.

If the marriage is over, it's sensible to divorce legally and then they can both move on, but what a shame. They seemed very happy together for a long time.

If the marriage is over, it's sensible to divorce legally and then they can both move on, but what a shame. They seemed very happy together for a long time.

Just shows how little we know about the private lives of people who may be in the public domain, in whatever limited way Autumn and Peter were, from time to time!

They are going to court next week to finalise the divorce https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...mn-Phillips-separate-finances-court-week.html

That doesn't mean that there is anything contentious in the settlement. In the UK all divorces are handled in the High Court - often only by their lawyers although the DM is saying Peter will appear in person.

If both sides are already happy with the agreement then it will be a very short hearing and the decree nisi issued.

If there is something about which the two sides can't agree then they will have to argue it before the High Court who will make the ruling before issuing the decree nisi.

They are going to court next week to finalise the divorce https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...mn-Phillips-separate-finances-court-week.html

That doesn't mean that there is anything contentious in the settlement. In the UK all divorces are handled in the High Court - often only by their lawyers although the DM is saying Peter will appear in person.

If both sides are already happy with the agreement then it will be a very short hearing and the decree nisi issued.

If there is something about which the two sides can't agree then they will have to argue it before the High Court who will make the ruling before issuing the decree nisi.

The article references the 'decree nisi', which isn't the final divorce if I understand it correctly. Whoever initiated the divorce can apply for a 'decree absolute' after 6 weeks and 1 day (but sometimes that takes a while when financial issues are still debated - I believe that was the case for Louis and Tessy).

The article references the 'decree nisi', which isn't the final divorce if I understand it correctly. Whoever initiated the divorce can apply for a 'decree absolute' after 6 weeks and 1 day (but sometimes that takes a while when financial issues are still debated - I believe that was the case for Louis and Tessy).

Whatever was the issue for Louis and Tessy would have been dealt with by the laws of their country and not the UK - each country has separate laws and it really isn't appropriate to assume that what happens in one country will also apply in the next.

Just shows how little we know about the private lives of people who may be in the public domain, in whatever limited way Autumn and Peter were, from time to time!

How true, yet somehow we feel we do know them.

That probably sounds silly.

Cant' really see how people would "know" them in any sense. Their work wasn't public, was it? Its not like Charles and Diana who were in the 80s seen at public engagements every week and who were followed by the press. Even so, one still does not KNOW people but with a public couple like Charles and Di, or Andrew and Sarah back then, there was a certain amount of "public knowledge" in that they were seen working in public, talking to people, being followed by reporters.... and because of that, I think that the public did begin to get an inkling within a few years of trouble in both marriages particularly Charles and Diana's.
But Autumn and Peter not so much.
Possibly Peter and Autumn have had problems for years but stuck together for a time for the sake of the children... and now feel the time has come to split up officially.

Last edited:
Whatever was the issue for Louis and Tessy would have been dealt with by the laws of their country and not the UK - each country has separate laws and it really isn't appropriate to assume that what happens in one country will also apply in the next.

Tessy and Louis's divorce was filed in the UK and argued at the High Court.

Not that it really has very much to do with Autumn and Peter which appears a lot less contentious.

I can't see that she'd want to move back to Canada. If she only had herself to consider, maybe, but the girls will be settled at school, and won't want to move too far away from their father.

Tessy and Louis's divorce was filed in the UK and argued at the High Court.

Not that it really has very much to do with Autumn and Peter which appears a lot less contentious.

at the time i think that Tessy and Louis were living in London and their divorce happened in the UK legal system.. so the law was teh same.. but they were in dispute and it seems like P and Aut aren't.

Somebody was referring to Tessy & Louis' divorce procedures because, as residents of London, they filed for divorce in the Family Division of the High Court of Justice of England and Wales, as have Autumn and Peter. A decree nisi is procedural and is unaffected by the parties' citizenship.

Somebody - the term you were wondering about - a decree nisi - is a procedural order of the High Court. It's issued by the High Court to state that the parties seeking divorce are legal permitted to do so. Under it, a married couple is not legally divorced. There is a waiting period until the couple can file for a decree absolute. Some couples wait until all financial issues are settled before applying for the decree absolute (which terminates the marriage).

Hopefully it has not been years and years that Peter and Autumn had planned to divorce, However, one morning they woke up and Peter took Autumn in his arms and declared, "My dearest, we best stay together yet for the sake of the girls!"

Somebody was referring to Tessy & Louis' divorce procedures because, as residents of London, they filed for divorce in the Family Division of the High Court of Justice of England and Wales, as have Autumn and Peter. A decree nisi is procedural and is unaffected by the parties' citizenship.

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that they lived in London and so assumed they would have filed for divorce in their home country as I assumed they lived there.

Peter and Autumn have agreed the financial terms for their divorce, a spokesman for the family says.

"But a spokesperson for Peter and Autumn today confirmed they have "resolved" their financial issues at the High Court. A statement said: "Mr Peter Phillips and Mrs Autumn Phillips are pleased to be able to report that the financial aspects of their divorce have been resolved through agreement, the terms of which have been approved and ordered by the High Court today.
"Whilst this is a sad day for Peter and Autumn, they continue to put the wellbeing and upbringing of their wonderful daughters Savannah and Isla first and foremost.
"Both Peter and Autumn are pleased to have resolved matters amicably with the children firmly at the forefront of those thoughts and decisions.
"Peter & Autumn have requested privacy and consideration for their children as the family adapts to a new chapter in their lives.""

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15270301/queen-grandson-peter-phillips-autumn-divorce/

Lovely pic of Autumn and daughters. Doesn't the younger one look like Lady Louise?

I know divorces are happening a lot these days, but I really regret this for this lovely family !

Same here. I envisioned they would be married forever but such is life. They are still both young. I hope they both go on to find happiness!

I remember Peter as a baby, he was a lovely little blond boy. has changed and gone dark....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom