Name suggestions for Autumn and Peter's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a girl:

Alexandra Alice Elizabeth
Josephine Elizabeth Kelly
Marie Anne Victoria

For a boy:

Christian Alexander William
James Anthony David
Richard Stephen Henry

Lord Ivar is a descendant of Catherine The Great.
Lady Sarah Chatto is the daughter of Princess Margaret.
Lady Alexandra Etherington is the daughter of the Duke of Fife, and in line for the British Throne.

I'd call that royal.

YOU may call them royal if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that they are NOT......(even though they had royal ancestors...e.g. Princess Margaret was royal, her children are not.)

Last edited:
YOU may call them royal if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that they are NOT......(even though they had royal ancestors...e.g. Princess Margaret was royal, her children are not.)

I always thought that those that were considered "royal" had the title of HRH. A Lord or Lady might descend from royal blood but by themselves weren't royal with HRH.

Zara and Peter Phillips COULD be royal with the title but their mother chose otherwise. Am I correct here? Also presumably with the downsizing of the royal family that's been presented it will only be the children of the sovereign and the children of the heir of the sovereign that will be considered royal in the future with the HRH I think. So one could have royal blood but still not be considered royal?

Back on topic though, this will be the first great grandchild of HM and I can imagine she's over the moon about it. :D

Zara and Peter Phillips COULD be royal with the title but their mother chose otherwise. Am I correct here?

It would have taken Letters Patent as the Queen's father did when Prince Charles was expected. Without that he would have been Charles Mountbatten with the courtesy title Earl of Merionith.
Even if Mark Phillips had accepted a title his children would only have been Lord Peter Phillips & Lady Zara Phillips with Peter having use of a courtesy title.

Wait, did I miss something, is Autumn Philips pregnant??

Wait, did I miss something, is Autumn Philips pregnant??

Yes - it was officially announced a couple of days ago although I do remember reading something a month or so ago in a tabloid article that she was expecting.

Yes - it was officially announced a couple of days ago although I do remember reading something a month or so ago in a tabloid article that she was expecting.

Thanks! I found some articles on line about it! how exciting the Queen's first great grand child :D

I doubt if a seasonal theme to the name is adopted. Winter Phillips? Fall Phillips? Highly unlikely, IMO!

I doubt if a seasonal theme to the name is adopted. Winter Phillips? Fall Phillips? Highly unlikely, IMO!

I thought that the British used 'autumn' to describe the season between summer and winter not 'fall'.

I thought that the British used 'autumn' to describe the season between summer and winter not 'fall'.

We do, so the baby is unlikely goin to be Fall Phillps, when her mother is the equivalent.

Quite right, but is the baby not due quite close to Xmas?

Yes it's due in the December.
I don't see them going for Winter Phillips because that would be a tiny bit cheesy due to the babies mother being named after a season.

Yes it's due in the December.
I don't see them going for Winter Phillips because that would be a tiny bit cheesy due to the babies mother being named after a season.

Carrying on the seasonal theme, how about Jesus Phillips, or Santa or Poinsettia Phillips?

Or Holly, Ivy, Noelle, or Natalie for a girl; and Noel or Nathaniel for a boy... Eh, I can't see most of those being viable options really. Perhaps Noel for a boy but I'm not feeling the others.

I do doubt that a boy would have a first name of James since Peter has a first cousin named James now.

Or Holly, Ivy, Noelle, or Natalie for a girl; and Noel or Nathaniel for a boy... Eh, I can't see most of those being viable options really. Perhaps Noel for a boy but I'm not feeling the others.

I do doubt that a boy would have a first name of James since Peter has a first cousin named James now.

No, nor did I think any of the "seasonal" names I suggested would make the cut!

I think it migth be Benjamin Michael Adam Phillips for a boy and Mary Alexandra Elisabeth Phillips for a girl

Carrying on the seasonal theme, how about Jesus Phillips, or Santa or Poinsettia Phillips?

Although Jesus is used as a first name in same Christian countries, and of course in the Arab world, the northern European Christian countries have tended not to use Jesus as a first name seeing it as sacreligious. The Royal Family sticks to tradition a lot and this is one tradition that I don't see being allowed for the eldest great-grandson (as Jesus is a boy's name) of the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, and she gets to approve the names.

Thanks for confirming my understanding of the English language used in Britain. I was surprised to see a Brit suggest an Americanism for a British season, which is why I raised the point - nothing about the name of the child but about the actual language used.

Maybe Autumn will choose a new name altogether like some celebs do or name the first child after her relatives. What is Autumn's mum's name?

I was surprised to see a Brit suggest an Americanism for a British season, which is why I raised the point - nothing about the name of the child but about the actual language used.
Perhaps I was being facetious, and you missed it!

Last edited by a moderator:
what about;

for a girl:

kathryn elizabeth kelly phillips
eve anne kelly phillips
kelly-anne victoria phillips

or something like esme or rosealie:whistling:

for a boy:

i think something like

henry andrew edward philips

jacob harry mark philips

jasper mark andrew philips

or maybe carlisle or ronald or neville

^The Twilight names are very nice, specially Jasper ;)
I would love them to use Kelly if it's a girl.
Maybe they will use Kitty, or Anne, or Elizabeth. There are lots of possible combinations.

I think Peter and Autumn will go for something traditional, yet not so old-fashioned.

I'd expect Emma, Amelia, Charlotte, Alice or Mary for a girl. Louis, Alexander, George, Alfred or John for a boy.

For a girl, I'd suggest Emma Anne Elizabeth or Amelia Anne Elizabeth.

For a boy, I'd suggest Louis Philip Peter or George Philip Peter.

I like Emma and Louis, traditional but modern.

Congratulations to the happy couple and to Her Majesty on becoming a great-grandmother!!!:flowers:
For a boy, I'd suggest Andrew and Charles. For a girl, I'd like to see Anne, at least as a middle name. Elizabeth and Margaret are also great choices!:)

Elizabeth Ann or Ann Elizabeth.
Phillipe or William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom