Name suggestions for Autumn and Peter's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's well known that Peter philips is the queen favorite grandchild so I realy think if it's a girl,he will name her Elizabeth besides the baby will be the first great grandchid of the queen.for a boy ,maybe philip!!??

It's well known that Peter philips is the queen favorite grandchild so I realy think if it's a girl,he will name her Elizabeth besides the baby will be the first great grandchid of the queen.for a boy ,maybe philip!!??

Philip Phillips? I highly doubt it.

Philip Phillips? I highly doubt it.

It actually amazes me how often people do give names like this to their children.

I have been doing some family research recently and the number of David Davids (different birth years and places of birth), Peter Peters, William Williams I have come across is staggering. I would have though maybe one or two but it has been a lot more - about 1000 or more

Maybe since this baby is going to be born in 2010, there will be a diamond jubilee baby in 2012 as well. That would be something great for the family!

Maybe since this baby is going to be born in 2010, there will be a diamond jubilee baby in 2012 as well. That would be something great for the family!

As it is Anne's 60th birthday this year it is a lovely birthday present for her isn't it?

We are focussing a lot on the child being the Queen's first great-grandchild and forgetting that this means Anne will become a grandmother in this special year for her.

As it is Anne's 60th birthday this year it is a lovely birthday present for her isn't it?

We are focussing a lot on the child being the Queen's first great-grandchild and forgetting that this means Anne will become a grandmother in this special year for her.

I didn't mean to be forgetting Anne in that statement. I'm sure she's over the moon with the news. I bet she is thrilled, I also bet that Zara is excited that she will become an aunt as well. Perhaps we will even see her name as one of the middle names.

I don't know how many names the parents are likely to choose, but...

for a girl...
Alice Elizabeth Kelly Anne

and for a boy...
Alexander/Stephen Mark Peter William

I don't think they are going to have 4 middle names.
Peter only has one, so IMO it'll be a first name and middle name only.

I don't think they are going to have 4 middle names.
Peter only has one, so IMO it'll be a first name and middle name only.

Peter has two. Peter Mark Andrew Phillips and Zara has Anne and Elizabeth for middle names.

Peter has two. Peter Mark Andrew Phillips and Zara has Anne and Elizabeth for middle names.

That still slightly proves my point, I think they are only going to go for one and for a girl it'll more than likely be Anne or Elizabeth and for a boy Mark or Peter.

I like to follow the names coming in and out of style and while I love traditional names, I`m thinking Peter and Autumn will go with something a little less traditional than Anne or Elizabeth. Autumn is not a traditional name, neither is Zara for that matter. I`m guessing they`ll choose a semi-traditional name that is popular without being extremely trendy. Autumn is Canadian, so maybe they`ll choose one of the names that are popular in both the UK and Canada right now.

Some examples: Olivia, Ruby, Grace, Chloe, Isabella, Abigail, Sophia, Lily, Emma--all really common in both the UK and Canada. For boys: Daniel, Ethan, Alexander, Benjamin, Max, Thomas, Adam.

I think there will either be one or two middle names and they will probably be family names. For boys, Mark, Bryan or maybe Christopher after Autumn`s twin brother; for girls, Anne or Elizabeth or Patricia. I`m definitely betting on Elizabeth as a middle name, actually, just because so many people I know have Elizabeth as a middle name anyway, without the Queen being their great-grandmother.

Okay, I`ll make up a few names for guesses:
Benjamin Mark Peter
Adam Mark Christopher

Grace Elizabeth Patricia
Ruby Anne Elizabeth

I was going for Anne Patricia as a middle name combo for one of those names, but since that gives me the initials G.A.P. and R.A.P., I thought better of it. ;)

I love Emma Anne Elizabeth for a girl ... I love George Henry David for a boy

Providing that the baby is due, more or less, on Winter Solstice, my suggestions are:

A son: Oscar Edward Mark Phillips
A daughter: Francesca Victoria Anne Phillips

Oscar & Francesca are protagonists of the novel titled "Winter Solstice" written by Rosamunde Pilcher

For sure, we'll all be waiting for some time to know the names of the new baby. The only males I know named Oscar are kitty-cats!

I think Francesca is a lovely name.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the Phillips family tree( Yes I did this LOL!) It seems that for the boys anyways are named after their grandfather for at least one of their names. Peter was named after his grandfather so for sure I would think that the baby if its a boy will be probably after the grandfathers. As for a girl I think Kelly is a fantastic idea (It's my name!) and following tradition after her grandmothers. We still have a while before the baby arrives but its fun no the less!

I think it is never too early to start talking about baby names. For a girl I think that the middle name (or one of them) will either be Elizabeth or Anne. If it is a boy I think the middle name might be William. As for first names I could see them pulling out a name which has nothing to do with the family at all.

I think they will use a really popular name.. like Jack or Olivia.

what about

Emma Louise Elizabeth
or
Rebecca Elizabeth Grace
anna-louise jayne elizabeth?

allan christopher andrew
roger philip bryan
liam mark andrew.

certainly when i was growing up, in my year, it seemed to be that every third girls middle name was louise or jayne/jane.

when i was in high school their were quite a few sets of twins one pair were in my class and were called autum and eve perhaps autum will call her daughter eve but i think that may be too weird

Here in the U.S. it seems that one out of every two girls has the middle name Marie, which also happens to be my middle name. The other half seem to always have the middle name Elizabeth. While I doubt Autumn and Peter will give thier baby the middle name Marie, I think Elizabeth is almost a definate thing if it is a girl. For a boy I would cross off Philip (it just sounds too weird with the last name), but would suspect that either William, Peter, Mark, or even Timothy might be one of the middle names.

I go for Kitty-Anne. Modern, yet lyrical.

Mum is Autumn so the kid should be April:D

Other types:
Abigail, Charlotte, Emma, Anne, Patricia
Christopher, Jacob, Arthur, Mark, Thomas, Patrick

More traditional:
Alice Elizabeth Patricia Anne
George Philip Mark Peter

More modern:
Zoe Patricia Anne
Jack Philip Mark[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Anne Elizabeth Mary Kelly

Anne Elizabeth Zara Petra

i believe they will go for 3 names in total.
The second and third name will be traditional.

For a Girl:
Kitty Anne
Kathleen Anne
Katherine Anne
Catherine Anne
Patricia Anne
Kathleen Elizabeth

For a boy:

Mark Brian
Brian Antony
Andrew Brian

First name:
Something out of the TOP TEN/TWENTY CHART
William
Thomas
Alexander
George
Jacob
Henry

Emma
Olivia
Alice
Charlotte
Amelia
Sophie/Sophia
Matilda
Lilly
Eleanor
Victoria

My final guess is:

Isabella Katherine Anne
Jacob Mark Brian

Congratulations to the Happy Couple. Just saw the Hello pics of them and William at Gatcombe Park last weekend (?) and Autumn's baby bump was w/out a doubt on show.

As for names...

I just have a feeling that Kelly will be there somewhere if it's a girl. Maybe not as the first name, but somewhere among the names as an homage to Autumn's side of the family. Saying that...I think/like...

Kelly Charlotte Anne Elizabeth Mary

For a boy...

Mark Michael David Alexander Malcolm

And there's my two cents Cdn on this subject. :D

edited to add... Just had a brains storm for a non traditional, but also traditional in a royal kind of way, anyway...

Zara is an Arabic name and the Windsors are close w/the Jordanian Royals, so if this a girl, then perhaps Noor or Rania?

More than likely not and more likely this my brain finally shutting down after a long and very hot day, but...There it is.

It's also possible they may do as the Duke and Duchess of York did and go back to Victoria's offspring for name inspiration. The Earl and Countess of Wessex also went for one of the less popular female first names used in historically in the Royal Family with Louise.
It's entirely possible we could see an Alice, Adelaide, Maud, Mary or Helena, which are all names some of Victoria's daughter's bore. Or for a boy, they could be Albert, Louis, Alfred, Leopold (unlikely!), Alexander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom