Name & Godparent Suggestions for Autumn & Peter's Second Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
Due March 2012, news thanks to the links posted in the current events thread by Wbenson. :flowers:

For a boy:
Anthony James Louis Brian

For a girl:
Alexia Patricia Anne Christine

Godparents:

Chris Philips
Felicity Tonkin
and three friends

Hm,hm...We don't even know who is Savannah's godparents, so maybe also in case of her sibling will be like that.

Names:

for a girl: Peyton
for a boy: Luke

You're right we don't know, but we can guess ;)

If Zara isn't Savannah's godmother my guess is she'll be 2nd babys ....and maybe Mike Tindall -?

I'll be glad to see the Dukes of Cambridge as the godparents of their future baby.

I couldn't even take a guess since Savannah's godparents were never announced I'm sure this babies won't be either. However, it will be fun for us all to guess. I would agree that Zara was a godmother to Savannah if not I'm sure she will be for baby number 2. I think they will probably choose close friends and family.

For a boy:
Anthony James Louis Brian

For a girl:
Alexia Patricia Anne Christine

Godparents:

Chris Philips
Felicity Tonkin
and three friends

The chances of Felicity Tonkin would be absolutely zero. She has had no contact with her half-siblings ever, or even with her biological father, so why would they choose her to be a godmother.

She might share their blood but there is no other connection.

So maybe:

Godfather: Prince Harry of Wales
Godmother: some cousin of Autumn.

Savannah was an unusual choice so who knows with these two. If it's a boy maybe Mark's name will be in there somewhere not so sure the first will be a normal royal name! I think they normally have a couple of godparents and if Harry wasn't one of Savannah's he could be the godfather of the next maybe Catherine too? It will probably be kept secret again they do it very well. I am surprised it is so soon there will be about a year and half between the two.

I suggest Jungle, Plain, Steppes, Desert or some other geographical name.
The Queen's first great-grandchild with the name Savannah makes me wince, nice sounding or not.

expat said:
I suggest Jungle, Plain, Steppes, Desert or some other geographical name.
The Queen's first great-grandchild with the name Savannah makes me wince, nice sounding or not.

Those suggestions are hilarious but really silly. I think the wackiest royal name we have his Xan.

Did ever announce Savannah's full name? If I remember correctly the minister at Sandringham's church service slipped the baby's name in his prayer list. Her christening was right before the royal wedding and the never announced godparents.

Too bad, their last name is Phillips, you can't really name a boy after his greatgrandfather, then he would be Phillip Phillips.

How about Atlanta Phillips to follow the trend of cities in Georgia? :)

As for godparents, I think William is closer to Peter than Harry

Why not just Georgia?
I just happen to think that Savannah is a silly name but that is because I like names with tradition, especially for the BRF, but who is to question someone called Autumn's taste in names. When the Queen mother wanted to call Princess Margaret, Anne, it was vetoed by her father-in-law who was King at the time so he obviously didn't like it. It makes me smile to think what he would think of a descendant of his called Savannah.

There's nothing wrong with the name Autumn. It's a lovely name, and the fact her parents chose to give her that name doesn't mean that the names she chooses to give her children become suspect as a result. That's not very fair. One of my closest friends has a very old, traditional name.....and named her youngest daughter Brooklyn.

Besides, Peter and Autumn are members of the Royal Family, not the Royal House. They're not under the same limitations in life that William and Catherine are, or that Harry and his future wife will be.

If the rights of succession are changed, will that require titles for Peter and Zara if it goes back to the Queen's descendants.

The change will not be retroactive and no title changes.

If the rights of succession are changed, will that require titles for Peter and Zara if it goes back to the Queen's descendants.

No.

They weren't entitled to titles due to the 1917 LPs which said only male line grandchildren were royal while those of grandchildren through girls weren't - remember it took special LPs in 1948 to have Charles born a Prince rather than Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth (titles he holds through his father).

Once the legislation is passed the monarch might see a need to change the 1917 LPs - which I think is possible anyway under Charles - limiting the HRH to the children of the heir to the throne only.

If I remember right, the queen offered Mark a title, and he refused it. Had he taken the offer, Zara and Peter would have titles of some sort, since they're inherited through the male line.

I'm guess baby #2 is a boy. Here's my name suggestions:

Boy:

Noah

Girl:

Sienna or Scarlett

Godparents for a boy:
Prince William or Chris Kelly
family friend of Autumn

Godparents for a girl:
Zara Phillips
family friend of Autumn

Last edited:
If the succession is changed so a female is eligible, I would think they would make titles through the female line a reality. It would seem funny to have a girl be a Crown Princess and her children not have royal titles.

There's nothing wrong with the name Autumn. It's a lovely name, and the fact her parents chose to give her that name doesn't mean that the names she chooses to give her children become suspect as a result. That's not very fair. One of my closest friends has a very old, traditional name.....and named her youngest daughter Brooklyn.

Besides, Peter and Autumn are members of the Royal Family, not the Royal House. They're not under the same limitations in life that William and Catherine are, or that Harry and his future wife will be.

I am not saying that it is not a lovely sounding name it is one of those names that is fashionable at the moment, I had a class a few years back with about 5 Kimberleys and the same amount of Natashas, it is just so common sounding even though it is uncommon :whistling:As to calling a girl Brooklyn, poor girl.

Oh, I'll play!

There's nothing traditional about a name like Savannah (though I do think it's quite pretty).

If it's a boy, I offer:

Dallas
Austin
Logan

If it's another girl:

Brooklyn
Madison
Arabella

I'll play too:

for a girl: Jubilee Elizabeth Phillips

Savannah and Jubilee are fitting, matching sibling names

for a boy: Rex Albert Phillips

???? Goodness knows, since they went totally American popular with their first, seems like it's anything goes!

Last year i guessed Isabella Katherine Anne and Georgina Elizabeth Anne, but they went for Savannah. So my taste is totally different to their taste. But i try it anyway.

This year i guess:
Lauren or Samantha or Esmee for a girl (i somehow like Brianna to Savannah, but i think, it is not their taste). Also Kaylee, Alyssa, Eden, Marissa, Addison und Madison seem possible to me.

Logan or Aiden for a boy.

Do we meanwhile know, if Savannah has a 2. or 3. first name?

Last edited:
If I remember right, the queen offered Mark a title, and he refused it. Had he taken the offer, Zara and Peter would have titles of some sort, since they're inherited through the male line.

I'm guess baby #2 is a boy. Here's my name suggestions:

Boy:

Noah

Girl:

Sienna or Scarlett

Godparents for a boy:
Prince William or Chris Kelly
family friend of Autumn

Godparents for a girl:
Zara Phillips
family friend of Autumn
i suggest same ;)

Do Savannah have only one name?

We don't know as it was never announced,

I was looking at the line of succession as listed on the official British monarchy site and they only have her listed Miss Savannah Phillips. Of course, the next line has a typo as it lists "Mrs.Zara Tindall." :bang:

But if Peter and Autumn are going completely non-traditional, I'd suggest Luke for a boy and Leia for a girl. And if they have twins, perfect! :D

I like the name Kaylee that was suggested earlier. I think it'll go perfectly with the names that this particular family has; modern and unique (I haven't met anyone named 'Autumn' or 'Savannah'). Another name that could work is Ariana, or Ariadne (covers the unique factor, but sounds good for a child as well as a teen and adult). For a boy I would go with something like Aiden or Luke. They're unique but still modern.

I like Aiden and Luke my nephew is called Luke. Scarlett is nice too. Of course Savannah came so far out of left field chances are it could be just as unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom