It's a Girl for Zara and Mike - Lena Elizabeth Tindall: June 18, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could, but formally hr correct title is Mrs Michael Tindall. Mrs Zara Tindall would strictly speaking indicate she was a divorcee. Glad to hear she hs had the baby,

Are Mike Tindall’s parents divorced then ?

What else would it cal her?

Possibly he expected Ms. Zara Phillips? That's what she said she was keeping when she first got married but then a few years later she decided to always use Tindall as her last name.

Happy the baby has arrived. She was quite a big girl. Now we await name news.

Last edited:
In the line of succession she has been mentioned as 'Mrs Michael Tindall' for years now, so it would be illogical if they would change to something else now imo.

It would be great if they update the line of succession with both Mia and her baby sister once her name is known!

They do however manage to include the names the parents are known by (Zara and Mike) into the press release by way of the final sentence.

Last edited:
Happy for them and looking forward to seeing the new Mia.....

It's a Girl for Zara and Mike: June 18, 2018

Zara must have been overdue based on the weight of the baby; my almost 10-year-old cousin once removed was 10 days late and 9 lbs. 6 oz, and her almost 6-year-old cousin who was born by scheduled C-section was 9 lbs. 9 oz; they’re the same height despite being nearly 4 years apart in age.

Fabulous news! The happiest days are when babies are born!

Yay Zara and Mike. Another girl. <3

? ? ? ? ? ?

Congrats to Zara, Mike, Mia and extended family! Mia will be a very sweet big sister I predict.

Of cours wonderfully news after all the worry. Of course she was much more than three months pregnant when announcing, and must have been a t least a week late. Another girl for,the queen

Congratulations to Zara and Mike! A little sister for Mia! They must all be over-the-moon happy. :)

Congratulations!!

The palace statement refers to Zara as Mrs Michael Tindall.

She could, but formally hr correct title is Mrs Michael Tindall. Mrs Zara Tindall would strictly speaking indicate she was a divorcee. Glad to hear she hs had the baby,

They always do. Just as a wife takes all of her husband's titles e.g. Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus so a wife whose husband doesn't have a title takes on his name - Mrs Michael Tindall. It is no different to Princess Michael of Kent.

To call her Mrs Zara Tindall would say she was the divorced wife of Mike not his wife in the same way as Diana went from HRH The Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales.

My understanding is that most Britons today refer to a married women by her own first name if her husband does not have a title. The Prime Minister is commonly called Mrs. May/Theresa May, rather than Mrs. Philip May.

Are Mike Tindall’s parents divorced then ?

I don't think so.

Zara must have been overdue based on the weight of the baby; my almost 10-year-old cousin once removed was 10 days late and 9 lbs. 6 oz, and her almost 6-year-old cousin who was born by scheduled C-section was 9 lbs. 9 oz; they’re the same height despite being nearly 4 years apart in age.
My now 26-year-old son weighed in at 10lbs 9oz and he was a week EARLY and a fully natural birth (no medication). I'm really glad he didn't wait!

I don't think so.

The reason I asked is that the Palace's statement referred to Zara as "Mrs Michael Tindall", but referred to Michael's mother by her first name rather than her husband's. Applying Denville's logic, that inconsistency would only make sense if Michael's parents were divorced.

The reason I asked is that the Palace's statement referred to Zara as "Mrs Michael Tindall", but referred to Michael's mother by her first name rather than her husband's. Applying Denville's logic, that inconsistency would only make sense if Michael's parents were divorced.

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say Mike's mother refers to herself as Mrs. Linda Tindall and the Palace goes along with her preference even if they are internally grumbling 'should be Mrs. Philip Tindall'.

One reason I think this, is that Philip and Linda are being mentioned by name in the first place. For Savannah and Isla, Autumn's parents weren't mentioned by name. Same with George, Charlotte, and Louis' birth announcements, neither Michael or Carole were mentioned by name. So with the Tindalls already bucking tradition by asking for his parents to be included, they may as well style Linda's name the way she wants.

Last edited:
My now 26-year-old son weighed in at 10lbs 9oz and he was a week EARLY and a fully natural birth (no medication). I'm really glad he didn't wait!

Ouch, an unmedicated 10lb 9oz week early delivery! That must have hurt! Joy Duggar’s son was a day late at 10lbs 3oz (C-section) and there was all this talk that she conceived before her wedding (given their strict affection rules) seeing as how big she was compared to her gestation.

I really don't remember how long it was after Mia's birth that Mike confirmed her name on Twitter but I seem to recall that it wasn't long. Anyone else have a better idea of the timeline?

My guess for the baby's names is: Lily Rose. The seem to prefer popular names: Lily is number 7 on the 2016 list (and would be a nice nod to great-grandmother Lilibeth) and if they are looking for another 1 syllable second name Rose might be a good contender.

Rose was Margaret’s middle name.

What about Ava or Ella? Short and snappy, goes with Tindall...

My understanding is that most Britons today refer to a married women by her own first name if her husband does not have a title. The Prime Minister is commonly called Mrs. May/Theresa May, rather than Mrs. Philip May.

Just because the majority of people do things that way doesn't mean that it is correct etiquette.

No one complains that Kate uses her husband's titles but they do complain when Zara is referred to by her husband's name yet it is the same thing.

Personally I don't think a woman should ever change from their birth names but BP follows the rules of etiquette even if the majority of the British public do not.

Wonderful news! Big baby girl . Curious about her name.

I am happy Mia has a sibling.

I had a hunch Zara would have a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rose was Margaret’s middle name.

Which is part of the reason that it is a nice touch - and it sounds nice (another one syllable name I could think of was 'Joy' which would go well with 'Grace'). Lady Margarita also has Rose as one of her middle names.

:previous: Aren't babies great! Our PM gave birth to a wee girl yesterday and we're all waiting for her name to be announced too.

Just because the majority of people do things that way doesn't mean that it is correct etiquette.

No one complains that Kate uses her husband's titles but they do complain when Zara is referred to by her husband's name yet it is the same thing.

Personally I don't think a woman should ever change from their birth names but BP follows the rules of etiquette even if the majority of the British public do not.

I agree your point that BP is following correct etiquette but there is a difference between being referred to by a husband's name versus a husband's title. Kate is the Duchess of Cambridge not William, Duchess of Cambridge. Otherwise people would complain about that as well.

In the United States it is now considered proper etiquette to refer to a married woman by her own name - Mrs. Zara Tindall.

Guide to Addressing Correspondence - The Emily Post Institute, Inc.

:previous: Technically Kate is Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge. Simply she is never called that because they use her title instead. Unfortunately for Prince Michael's wife, he has no title, so she has been Princess Michael for decades.

Its pretty standard etiquette in most countries for the last few decades that a married woman be referred to by her own first name. The days of Mr John Smith's wife being Mrs John Smith are considered antiquated not proper by most people. My parents have been married for 45 years, if someone called my mother Mrs William... she'd not respond. She joined his family, she didn't give up her identity.

Anyways back to news.....congratulations to the whole family :flowers:

Was kind of picturing a grandson for Anne but a little sister for Mia is so much fun. Mike will have 2 little girls with him wrapped about their pinkies. ?

I look forward to hearing what name they have chosen for the newest.

Size doesn't denote a late birth (could but not always). Many early babies are big. Average birth weight has gone up. I was 8 days late, and was only 7 pounds.

Wonderful news! Big baby girl . Curious about her name.

It will be intresting altough this baby girl probably gets some quiet common name. New baby is probably low enough on succession line that parents can give pretty much whatever name want, right? Zara and Mia aren't very usual names in BRF.

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say Mike's mother refers to herself as Mrs. Linda Tindall and the Palace goes along with her preference even if they are internally grumbling 'should be Mrs. Philip Tindall'.

One reason I think this, is that Philip and Linda are being mentioned by name in the first place. For Savannah and Isla, Autumn's parents weren't mentioned by name. Same with George, Charlotte, and Louis' birth announcements, neither Michael or Carole were mentioned by name. So with the Tindalls already bucking tradition by asking for his parents to be included, they may as well style Linda's name the way she wants.
Generally, it is polite to call people by the style that they want. if Mike's mother wants to be Mrs Linda T, then that's how she should be mentioned,.... But stricltly speaking Zara is either Ms Z Phillips (if she uses her own name) or Mrs Michael Tindall....

It will be intresting altough this baby girl probably gets some quiet common name. New baby is probably low enough on succession line that parents can give pretty much whatever name want, right? Zara and Mia aren't very usual names in BRF.

True the Phllipses tend to go In for unusual names.. Savannah, Isla, Mia etc.... Wonder what the new baby will be called...

Last edited by a moderator:
She is already five days old and still no name announcing?

Congrats to parents, big sister, grandparents and great-grandparents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom