The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:32 AM
COESpiral's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The South, United States
Posts: 200
Congratulations to Zara and Mike! A little sister for Mia! They must all be over-the-moon happy. :)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-20-2018, 01:59 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,375
Congratulations!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,421
Can't wait to hear the name!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The palace statement refers to Zara as Mrs Michael Tindall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She could, but formally hr correct title is Mrs Michael Tindall. Mrs Zara Tindall would strictly speaking indicate she was a divorcee. Glad to hear she hs had the baby,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They always do. Just as a wife takes all of her husband's titles e.g. Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus so a wife whose husband doesn't have a title takes on his name - Mrs Michael Tindall. It is no different to Princess Michael of Kent.

To call her Mrs Zara Tindall would say she was the divorced wife of Mike not his wife in the same way as Diana went from HRH The Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales.
My understanding is that most Britons today refer to a married women by her own first name if her husband does not have a title. The Prime Minister is commonly called Mrs. May/Theresa May, rather than Mrs. Philip May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Are Mike Tindallís parents divorced then ?
I don't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:26 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, United States
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Zara must have been overdue based on the weight of the baby; my almost 10-year-old cousin once removed was 10 days late and 9 lbs. 6 oz, and her almost 6-year-old cousin who was born by scheduled C-section was 9 lbs. 9 oz; theyíre the same height despite being nearly 4 years apart in age.
My now 26-year-old son weighed in at 10lbs 9oz and he was a week EARLY and a fully natural birth (no medication). I'm really glad he didn't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post


I don't think so.

The reason I asked is that the Palace's statement referred to Zara as "Mrs Michael Tindall", but referred to Michael's mother by her first name rather than her husband's. Applying Denville's logic, that inconsistency would only make sense if Michael's parents were divorced.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The reason I asked is that the Palace's statement referred to Zara as "Mrs Michael Tindall", but referred to Michael's mother by her first name rather than her husband's. Applying Denville's logic, that inconsistency would only make sense if Michael's parents were divorced.
If I were to hazard a guess I'd say Mike's mother refers to herself as Mrs. Linda Tindall and the Palace goes along with her preference even if they are internally grumbling 'should be Mrs. Philip Tindall'.

One reason I think this, is that Philip and Linda are being mentioned by name in the first place. For Savannah and Isla, Autumn's parents weren't mentioned by name. Same with George, Charlotte, and Louis' birth announcements, neither Michael or Carole were mentioned by name. So with the Tindalls already bucking tradition by asking for his parents to be included, they may as well style Linda's name the way she wants.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
My now 26-year-old son weighed in at 10lbs 9oz and he was a week EARLY and a fully natural birth (no medication). I'm really glad he didn't wait!


Ouch, an unmedicated 10lb 9oz week early delivery! That must have hurt! Joy Duggarís son was a day late at 10lbs 3oz (C-section) and there was all this talk that she conceived before her wedding (given their strict affection rules) seeing as how big she was compared to her gestation.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
I really don't remember how long it was after Mia's birth that Mike confirmed her name on Twitter but I seem to recall that it wasn't long. Anyone else have a better idea of the timeline?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:37 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
My guess for the baby's names is: Lily Rose. The seem to prefer popular names: Lily is number 7 on the 2016 list (and would be a nice nod to great-grandmother Lilibeth) and if they are looking for another 1 syllable second name Rose might be a good contender.


Rose was Margaretís middle name.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:30 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,067
What about Ava or Ella? Short and snappy, goes with Tindall...
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:35 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
My understanding is that most Britons today refer to a married women by her own first name if her husband does not have a title. The Prime Minister is commonly called Mrs. May/Theresa May, rather than Mrs. Philip May.
Just because the majority of people do things that way doesn't mean that it is correct etiquette.

No one complains that Kate uses her husband's titles but they do complain when Zara is referred to by her husband's name yet it is the same thing.

Personally I don't think a woman should ever change from their birth names but BP follows the rules of etiquette even if the majority of the British public do not.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Green Tulip's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: 29 Palms, United States
Posts: 18
Wonderful news! Big baby girl . Curious about her name.

I am happy Mia has a sibling.

I had a hunch Zara would have a girl.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Rose was Margaretís middle name.
Which is part of the reason that it is a nice touch - and it sounds nice (another one syllable name I could think of was 'Joy' which would go well with 'Grace'). Lady Margarita also has Rose as one of her middle names.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:38 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,374
Aren't babies great! Our PM gave birth to a wee girl yesterday and we're all waiting for her name to be announced too.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Just because the majority of people do things that way doesn't mean that it is correct etiquette.

No one complains that Kate uses her husband's titles but they do complain when Zara is referred to by her husband's name yet it is the same thing.

Personally I don't think a woman should ever change from their birth names but BP follows the rules of etiquette even if the majority of the British public do not.
I agree your point that BP is following correct etiquette but there is a difference between being referred to by a husband's name versus a husband's title. Kate is the Duchess of Cambridge not William, Duchess of Cambridge. Otherwise people would complain about that as well.

In the United States it is now considered proper etiquette to refer to a married woman by her own name - Mrs. Zara Tindall.

Guide to Addressing Correspondence - The Emily Post Institute, Inc.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,524
Technically Kate is Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge. Simply she is never called that because they use her title instead. Unfortunately for Prince Michael's wife, he has no title, so she has been Princess Michael for decades.

Its pretty standard etiquette in most countries for the last few decades that a married woman be referred to by her own first name. The days of Mr John Smith's wife being Mrs John Smith are considered antiquated not proper by most people. My parents have been married for 45 years, if someone called my mother Mrs William... she'd not respond. She joined his family, she didn't give up her identity.


Anyways back to news.....congratulations to the whole family

Was kind of picturing a grandson for Anne but a little sister for Mia is so much fun. Mike will have 2 little girls with him wrapped about their pinkies.

I look forward to hearing what name they have chosen for the newest.


Size doesn't denote a late birth (could but not always). Many early babies are big. Average birth weight has gone up. I was 8 days late, and was only 7 pounds.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tulip View Post
Wonderful news! Big baby girl . Curious about her name.

It will be intresting altough this baby girl probably gets some quiet common name. New baby is probably low enough on succession line that parents can give pretty much whatever name want, right? Zara and Mia aren't very usual names in BRF.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
If I were to hazard a guess I'd say Mike's mother refers to herself as Mrs. Linda Tindall and the Palace goes along with her preference even if they are internally grumbling 'should be Mrs. Philip Tindall'.

One reason I think this, is that Philip and Linda are being mentioned by name in the first place. For Savannah and Isla, Autumn's parents weren't mentioned by name. Same with George, Charlotte, and Louis' birth announcements, neither Michael or Carole were mentioned by name. So with the Tindalls already bucking tradition by asking for his parents to be included, they may as well style Linda's name the way she wants.
Generally, it is polite to call people by the style that they want. if Mike's mother wants to be Mrs Linda T, then that's how she should be mentioned,.... But stricltly speaking Zara is either Ms Z Phillips (if she uses her own name) or Mrs Michael Tindall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Karl II View Post
It will be intresting altough this baby girl probably gets some quiet common name. New baby is probably low enough on succession line that parents can give pretty much whatever name want, right? Zara and Mia aren't very usual names in BRF.
True the Phllipses tend to go In for unusual names.. Savannah, Isla, Mia etc.... Wonder what the new baby will be called...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,804
She is already five days old and still no name announcing?

Congrats to parents, big sister, grandparents and great-grandparents!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara and Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 2: January 2018 - JessRulz The Princess Royal and Family 482 05-28-2020 10:45 AM
Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018 Zonk Current Events Archive 920 01-06-2018 03:57 AM
Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's First Child Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 110 06-05-2014 04:47 AM
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM




Popular Tags
abdication alqasimi bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family bridal gown canada chittagong cht coronavirus current events danish royalty dna duke of cambridge dutch royal family dutch royals facts family tree fantasy movie future genealogy germany hill historical drama house of bernadotte house of grimaldi israel jumma kent list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mail maxima mountbatten netflix nobel prize northern ireland norway norway history official visit popularity potential areas prince charles prince daniel princely family of monaco prince of wales princess margaret pronunciation queen mathilde queen paola random facts rown royal dress-ups royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown settings south korea state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish history thailand tips tracts united kingdom visit from sweden working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×