It's a Girl for Autumn and Peter: Isla Elizabeth Phillips - March 29, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EIIR

Heir Presumptive
City
Somewhere
Country
United Kingdom
Autumn has given birth to a baby girl - Isla Elizabeth Phillips. Little Isla weighed 7lb 4oz when she was born yesterday at Gloucestershire Royal Infirmary.

As per Richard Palmer on Twitter.

Last edited:
What an unusual and beautiful name.
Congratulations to Peter and Autumn. :)

Congratulations to the family! Lots a baby girls this royal year.

Aww I love the name Isla Elizabeth! What a lovely thing for the Queen to have a great grandchild names after her!

I am surprised that we actually know the new babies name.

I am surprised that we actually know the new babies name.

Why? We knew Savannah's name. We didn't think we knew her middle name but maybe now it seems she just doesn't have one.

Exactly 15 months age difference, what a coincidence!

Congrats to parents, big sister, grandparents and great-grandparents!

Why? We knew Savannah's name. We didn't think we knew her middle name but maybe now it seems she just doesn't have one.
Because we only found out Savannahs name due to a slip up by the minister at Sandringham.

grear great news! al last the the new baby girl born!!!! great name!

I guess a special year needs a special name (Elizabeth).

Congratulations to the whole family, Isla Elizabeth is a lovely name. I thought the name Elizabeth would be in there somewhere, as pretty much every girl in that family (apart from Eugenie) has the middle name Elizabeth. Isla is a beautiful name, it goes well with Savannah. It's odd how much freedom Peter and Autumn had with their daugther's name yet everyone else had to choose quite traditional names. I know he is isn't high in the line of succession, but still, Savannah and Isla are a bit "out there". I love both the names though, do not get me wrong.

Congratulations to the whole family, Isla Elizabeth is a lovely name. I thought the name Elizabeth would be in there somewhere, as pretty much every girl in that family (apart from Eugenie) has the middle name Elizabeth. Isla is a beautiful name, it goes well with Savannah. It's odd how much freedom Peter and Autumn had with their daugther's name yet everyone else had to choose quite traditional names. I know he is isn't high in the line of succession, but still, Savannah and Isla are a bit "out there". I love both the names though, do not get me wrong.
Well "Zara" raised a few eyebrows when she was named.

Do we know for a fact that they had to choose traditional names? Zara wasn't particularly traditional. Obviously, William had to be given a name befitting a future King, but wasn't it also a means of Charles honouring his late cousin Prince William of Gloucester? I can imagine that for all the other royal grandchildren it was more or less up to their parents.

Traditional names are very popular among the upper class in the UK. I certainly don't think the Queen is like Queen Victoria, more or less vetoing the name of any of her descendants if they didn't suit her.

Do we know for a fact that they had to choose traditional names? Zara wasn't particularly traditional. Obviously, William had to be given a name befitting a future King, but wasn't it also a means of Charles honouring his late cousin Prince William of Gloucester? I can imagine that for all the other royal grandchildren it was more or less up to their parents.

Traditional names are very popular among the upper class in the UK. I certainly don't think the Queen is like Queen Victoria, more or less vetoing the name of any of her descendants if they didn't suit her.

diana choose william, charles want to call him arthur. and i think louise was named elzaneth too, I right?

I certainly don't think the Queen is like Queen Victoria, more or less vetoing the name of any of her descendants if they didn't suit her.
What name did Queen Victoria veto?

Well "Zara" raised a few eyebrows when she was named.

That's true! Zara is a bit "out there" for the 80's! Perhaps Anne was given more leeway than her older brother, due to his children more likely to being Monarch. It just seems that the Queen's children all chose Royal names, a bit traditional. Perhaps that did in fact like the names, but I have heard that the Queen has to approve the names. Her grandchildren all have traditional names, particularly William, Henry and James. They probably did genuinely like the names they chose, but just a shame they weren't a bit more wacky! I wish James had been called Alexander.

Do we know for a fact that they had to choose
traditional names? Zara wasn't particularly traditional. Obviously, William had to be given a name befitting a future King, but wasn't it also a means of Charles honouring his late cousin Prince William of Gloucester? I can imagine that for all the other royal grandchildren it was more or less up to their parents.

I heard that William was honouring Prince William of Gloucester too, what a nice thing to do. I can't see HM nixing any of her children's names, but I would imagine she would not have been keen for her William or Harry to be called something trendy! I can't see her allowing them to have been called Alexander, even if it is a Royalish name.

Isla Elizabeth, what a beautiful name. Nice with a homage to the Queen, so I guess that must mean that Elizabeth isn't one of Savannah's names if she has more than one. Congratulations to Peter, Autumn and Savannah!

Congrats! I can't wait to see her!

Elizabeth was chosen probably to honour not only QEII, but also the Queen Mother, whose Death Anniversary is today, the`day after the birth.

I would assume that HM is very sensitive about using that veto power as it was used against her own parents and probably had some lingering hard feelings. I have often heard the story of how her mother had wanted to name her sister Anne (IIRC it may have even been Anne Margaret), but that King George V had vetoed it and had 'suggested' Margaret instead... hence Princess Margaret Rose of York was christened. I always assumed that is why the Queen named her own daughter Anne to be sensitive to her mother. I am sure except for in cases of direct lineage to the throne, she would be very discreet in using that power.

Sincerely I don't like the name Isla, it doesn't have any special meaning or charm, but I liked anyway the double combination, using the classical English royal name Elizabeth.
This year is definitely the year of baby-girls.

Isla (Eye-la) is not exactly an unknown name north of the border in Scotland.

So happy for them what a great way for me to start my day! Congrats!

Congratulations to the family!!!
Beautiful name for little baby.

What a beautiful name and Congratulations to the little Family, the Grandparents and Great Grandparents!!

I can't wait to see the little one!! :eek:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom