It's a Girl for Autumn and Peter: Isla Elizabeth Phillips - March 29, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have to wait three months to see the little baby kike with savannah??? or may be in the jubilee celebrations or a family group photo with the rest of the royal family?

If we see her at all, it will probably be in the summer.

What an unusual and beautiful name.

Isla is currently a very fashionable name here.

The statistics for names given to girl babies in England & Wales in 2010 (the most recent available) put it at no. 22. So it's hardly unusual. It has always been quite popular in Scotland.

Isla wasn't wearing the traditional family gown. The image of Peter kissing Isla is beautiful. Fathers and their daughters... :)

Was QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh in attendance? Do we know who acted as godparents or shall we assume Zara and Mike?

Was QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh in attendance? Do we know who acted as godparents or shall we assume Zara and Mike?

I imagine there would have been pictures of them, and we won't know who the godparents are that information won't be released.

wow! hay she don't use the traditional grown???? savannah used it

I wonder if she did wear the traditional dress and then maybe they took it off after before leaving. It's a shame they didn't pose outside church. I seem to remember that after Savannah's christening they stepped out for a picture.

no more photos?

I suspect that she probably did wear the new family christening gown - the one made for James' christening and the one which Savannah wore, but they took it off before leaving the church.

This is the picture from Savannah`s christening;)

Indeed it is, I was responding to a post that is now on the previous page

crm2317 commented;
I seem to remember that after Savannah's christening they stepped out for a picture.

So I posted the picture.

How nice to have baby Isla christened on Canada Day. Nice touch given the fact that Autumn is Canadian. This was a different church than Savannah was christened at. Is that correct? Isla's a beautiful baby just like her sister.:flowers:

Here is a picture of Isla in the traditional christening gown - don't know who photographer is. The media said the original Victorian gown was last used at Lady Louise's or Viscount Severn's (I think the Viscount) christening and was deemed too delicate to continue to use, so the Queen had a replica of the original made. The one Isla is wearing is the replica. Don't know who the photographer is, but at least here's a picture of Isla in the gown. Click the link below it goes to a Royal Family site.

the world is full of love that goes unspoken

The replica was first used by James and has been used by Savannah, Isla, George, Maud that we know of. Mia will also use it, if she hasn't already been christened in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom