Godparents for Autumn and Peter's Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing as we have a thread guessing the name, can we guess godparents as well?

If moderators wish to merge this with the name thread, please do so. :flowers:

IMO the contenders include

1) Zara
2) One of Beatrice or Eugenie
3) One of Margaret's children?
4) Possibly Harry
5) Others from Autumn's side of the family

Autumn has a brother Kevin.
Peter also has two half sisters Felicity and Stephanie.

I also think William is a serious contender because he is supposedly very close to his cousin. They became close after Diana's death.

My guess would be William as godfather, since he is the future king and Zara. Others will likely be friends and maybe someone in her family. If the baby is a boy, I would imagine William will be in among his names.

These guessing games are always fun.

Probably?

1) Peter's best friend
2) Autumn's best friend
3) Kelly cousin
4) royal cousin
5) Phillips family relation

:D

My guess would be William as godfather, since he is the future king and Zara. Others will likely be friends and maybe someone in her family. If the baby is a boy, I would imagine William will be in among his names.

Why William just for the reason he's going to be King?

From what I understand, which of course could be wrong, Peter is closer to William than Harry, so if its one of the Wales boys it would be William. I don't think they'd just pick someone just for prestige, after all Peter's pretty proud of his not having a title and being regular.

Peter was there for William a lot after Diana passed away, which I have posted twice I think in this thread.
So no one is going to be picked for their title.

I'd say Zara for sure and either one of Autumn's brothers Kevin or her twin Chris. I think they're half siblings are maybe a bit too young. I think Autumn half brother and sister are 15 and 13 and Peter's half sister Stephanie is only 13 as well. For sure a close friend, Peter has a lot of friends from his school days that were at his wedding that he might want to honour with being a godparent to his firstborn. As for William I'm not sure I do think that one of his cousins will be a godparent maybe either Eugenie or Beatrice. I don't think either have godchildren.

I think they're half siblings are maybe a bit too young. I think Autumn half brother and sister are 15 and 13 and Peter's half sister Stephanie is only 13 as well.

Felicity is 25. :)

Felicity is 25. :)

They probably never see Felicity. Doesn't she live in Australia? They may not even acknowledge her as their sister seeing that she doesn't seem to have a relationship with them as Stephanie does.

How many godparents do they usually have for a Church of England baptism?
I think for sure Zara and someone from Autumn's side of the family.

How many godparents do they usually have for a Church of England baptism?
I think for sure Zara and someone from Autumn's side of the family.

Generally what I have noticed in the current royal family is that most people seem to have five or six godparents, so that's how many I would assume that the new baby would have.

Autumn has a brother Kevin.
Peter also has two half sisters Felicity and Stephanie.

I also think William is a serious contender because he is supposedly very close to his cousin. They became close after Diana's death.

I actually think they were close before Diana died which made it possible for William and Harry to seek out Peter in that week. William always looked up to Peter as the older brother he didn't have.

However, remember William didn't go to their wedding (yes I know he had another commitment elsewhere - Jecca's brother's wedding) so I wonder just how close they are now.

I would like to see them have one of the York girls as the 'royal' godparent reflecting the fact that the child has royal connections but is also some way from the throne.

I would imagine it would be Zara and Eugenie (she did do a reading at the wedding) and one of Autumn's brothers and her friend Jackie.

Call me crazy but if my cousin and a friend's brother (or a friend) are getting married the same day, I am going to go my cousin's wedding. But's just me and off topic.

Prince Henry or his brother

I Think Zara will be a Godmother

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy but if my cousin and a friend's brother (or a friend) are getting married the same day, I am going to go my cousin's wedding. But's just me and off topic.

.... but depends if you had already committed to the other wedding?

Well, the Prince of Wales is Peter's godfather and I imagine at his age HE won't be picked! Although it's certainly not unheard of in royal circles--King George V was among several of his grandchildren's godparents as was Queen Mary and Queen Victoria. I think as William will be head of the Royal Family in this child's "day" it would be appropriate.

Do they stick to the old rules of so many god parents of the same sex as the child and fewer of the opposite sex?

I think we'll see William and Zara for sure. Possibly one of the York girls. But I can't see them going hog wild with godparents either. And would they sell the publishing rights to the baptism like they did with their wedding?

Do they stick to the old rules of so many god parents of the same sex as the child and fewer of the opposite sex?

I think we'll see William and Zara for sure. Possibly one of the York girls. But I can't see them going hog wild with godparents either. And would they sell the publishing rights to the baptism like they did with their wedding?

The Christening will be a much smaller affair than the wedding probably taking place in BP with just the family and godparents present. I hardly think there will be more than a couple of photos issued if any but as it will be inside the Queen's home and after the furore of the wedding being sold I doubt very much that they would make that mistake again.

I do sincerely hope that pictures of the baby or the christening are not sold to a magazine

When James was christened, we only saw one picture of him and his parents.

I do sincerely hope that pictures of the baby or the christening are not sold to a magazine

I think Peter and Autumn have learned their lesson the first time around. Even now, articles about Peter and Autumn bring up the whole Hello! magazine spread issue. At best they'll probably release a picture of the christening with the family and godparents.

My guess is that the baby will probably have multiple sets of godparents. I'm assuming that Zara will be one of the godmothers and I think William is also a good guess. As for Autumn's side of the family, one of her brothers will probably be made godfather. I think her twin brother, Chris, is likely in the running. Does anybody know of any close friends of the couple? I'm sure friends will also be honored and not just family.

I guess the godparents will be:

Zara Philips
Prince William of Wales
Chris Kelly
several friends of its parents

In my genealogy...the first male child is named after the child's father, the first female child after the child's father... and, the second name is regularly, the family name of the mother ! It would be so easy, if everybody adhered to these 'rules' !!!

In my genealogy, the first male child is named after the fathers father, the first female child after the father's mother; second names usually the mothers maiden name. How easy it would be if everybody adhered to these "rules"!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my genealogy, the first male child is named after the fathers father, the first female child after the father's mother; second names usually the mothers maiden name. How easy it would be if everybody adhered to these "rules"!!!

But then if you have 3 sons that all have 1 son, you'll have 3 grandchildren carryng the same name! Can you imagine what a caos at family reunions? :ROFLMAO:

In the above instance, nicknames are usual. No problem.

Maybe this child will have only two godparents. Nr this child will be titled, nor his/her parents are...

For sure: Zara & Kevin

If more godparents:

Harry, Beatrice, Chris & some friend

His parents are titled. The child's father is a Prince, he just chooses not to claim it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom