Captain Mark Phillips and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, this news is a bit disappointing. Poor Stephanie.

I am all for excitement and being attracted to someone, but why be with someone who as previously stated, has a problem being faithful.

I hate to be petty but talk about age differences! Perhaps the next time go around, Mark Phillips won't be the person walking out.

Mark Phillips is fool and an embarrassment. His new piece should know better than to get involved in a married man. What she sees in him is anyone's guess because from where I'm standing he lost his vaguely attractive looks years ago and he's hardly got much of a personality to make up for it. He's not hugely rich and he's unfaithful. Gawd help this new woman!

Mark Phillips is fool and an embarrassment. His new piece should know better than to get involved in a married man. What she sees in him is anyone's guess because from where I'm standing he lost his vaguely attractive looks years ago and he's hardly got much of a personality to make up for it. He's not hugely rich and he's unfaithful. Gawd help this new woman!

You blame everything on this new woman?

Just goes to show, no 3rd party can ever know what's really going on in a couple's marriage. I have absolutely no idea what any of these people are really like so I'm not going to condemn anyone.

Very sad for their daughter though.

I wouldn't put all the blame on her but she is not exactly an innocent in this situation. She would have known he was married and she is a participant in this affair as much as Mark is. She did have the option of saying no.

I wouldn't put all the blame on her but she is not exactly an innocent in this situation. She would have known he was married and she is a participant in this affair as much as Mark is. She did have the option of saying no.

I won`t judge anyone in this situation, because i don`t know them. And please keep in mind that we don`t know the whole story here, just what the newspaper is writing. And we all know that they write anything just to sell...

Of-course not! It's not her fault she's fallen aimlessly for him. But given my view that Mark Phillips has no sense other than to chase after women each time he gets fed up with the one he's already got, I would have liked to think that this new woman has abit more sense to fall for whatever charms he has. Clearly she's into that type of man.

Just goes to show, no 3rd party can ever know what's really going on in a couple's marriage. I have absolutely no idea what any of these people are really like so I'm not going to condemn anyone.

Very sad for their daughter though.

Yes, that's very true and I agree. However, I judge harshly because I've watched too much Judge Judy recently!

Of-course not! It's not her fault she's fallen aimlessly for him. But given my view that Mark Phillips has no sense other than to chase after women each time he gets fed up with the one he's already got, I would have liked to think that this new woman has abit more sense to fall for whatever charms he has. Clearly she's into that type of man.

Well we all have brains and we all make choices. He chose to be unfaithful to wives number one and two. That he was married was not a secret. The other women used their brain and decided it was ok to be in a relationship with a man already married. No one gets off scott free in situations like this. Mark does seem to have a taste for successful equestrien women, although given his career they are likely the women he comes most in contact with anyway.

As Sir James Goldsmith once said "when a man marries his mistress he creates a job opportunity".

Last edited:
Zara's father Captain Mark Phillips, 63, to divorce again as he leaves second wife for US Olympic horse rider 30 years his junior
Princess Anne’s former husband, Captain Mark Phillips, is to divorce for the second time after falling for a woman 30 years his junior. The 63-year-old – who is father to the Queen’s grandchildren Peter and Zara Phillips – has left his wife Sandy for American equestrienne Lauren Hough, it emerged last night. It is understood Captain Phillips has already left the marital home in Cherington, Gloucestershire, and plans to set up home with Miss Hough, 35, in Florida.

I always thought Mark lived at Aston Farm on the Gatcombe estate. Who is living there now?

Beyond tacky ... Trading into Earl Snowden territory

Don't you mean Earl Spencer? And yes, it's beyond tacky. How sad for all of his children but especially his youngest daughter.

Don't you mean Earl Spencer? And yes, it's beyond tacky. How sad for all of his children but especially his youngest daughter.
Well Lord Snowdon has been around the block a couple of times as well, in addition to scattering his seed:eek: with women he never made it to the altar with. Lord Spencer also seems to be a serial monogamist but other than casting off wives and the odd fiance he at least has seemed to marry the mothers of his children.

Last edited:
This woman is the same age as Peter!
Mark is a womanizer and she probably wants to warm herself in the light of his fame (of former member of a Royal Family)
As for a former sportsman he is extremely pessimistic concerning the time still left to him; five or ten years? Hey, look at your former father-in-law - he is past 90 now and still alive.

Poor Stephanie, poor Sandy (and as for Sandy, how long had they known each other before they got married? Anyone knows?); I also wonder how Peter and Zara feel...

As for Peter: I hope he will not follow his father's footsteps and be faithful to Autumn till the death does them part!

How unsurprising to say the least, once a cheater always a cheater...and how many countess Spencers are there today, excluding the dowager ?

How awful for all those involved. I do feel sorry for his youngest daughter Stephanie though. Capt. Phillips is dating a woman who is almost the same age has his son Peter? What is he thinking:bang: It's his life though. I agree that being a faithful husband is not one of Mark Phillips strong points either. Hopefully Sandy and Mark's marriage ends at least in decent terms for their daughters sake.:sad:

How unsurprising to say the least, once a cheater always a cheater...and how many countess Spencers are there today, excluding the dowager ?
Apart from Raine, Countess Spencer, there are currently two Countesses Spencer:
- Caroline, Countess Spencer (born Caroline Victoria Hutton, Earl Spencer's second wife)
- The Countess Spencer (born Karen Gordon, Earl Spencer's current wife).

His first wife, Victoria Lockwood, was The Countess of Spencer from 1992 to 1997, and Victoria, Countess Spencer from 1997 to 2005. In 2005 she re-married, thus losing her style of Countess Spencer and becoming Mrs. Aitken.

Apart from Raine, Countess Spencer, there are currently two Countesses Spencer:
- Caroline, Countess Spencer (born Caroline Victoria Hutton, Earl Spencer's second wife)
- The Countess Spencer (born Karen Gordon, Earl Spencer's current wife).

His first wife, Victoria Lockwood, was The Countess of Spencer from 1992 to 1997, and Victoria, Countess Spencer from 1997 to 2005. In 2005 she re-married, thus losing her style of Countess Spencer and becoming Mrs. Aitken.

OT but Raine reverted to calling herself Raine, Countess Spencer after divorcing her 3rd husband who was a French count.

So there have been 2 Countess of Snowdons, 3 Countess Spencers (by the current earl) and to date 2 Mrs Mark Phillips with perhaps the 3rd waiting in the wings.

Who can trust a man who has a pattern of cheating on his wives, knowing that you could be the next since it happened to your predecessors? Anyone who's involved in a situation like that has to know what she's getting herself into. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:
OT but Raine reverted to calling herself Raine, Countess Spencer after divorcing her 3rd husband who was a French count.
So there have been 2 Countess of Snowdons, 3 Countess Spencers (by the current earl) and to date 2 Mrs Mark Phillips with perhaps the 3rd waiting in the wings.
Was Raine divorced from her third husband, or was the marriage annulled? I'm asking because I know in case of annulment a woman can choose to revert to the style she held before entering that marriage (which means Raine could be styles Countess Spencer again), but I didn't know the same was true about divorcees.

As for the count, don't forget the Bianca, Lady Eliot - the nearly 4th Countess Spencer (or, chronologically speaking, 3rd one). ;)

I think she really just likes being a countess, having married 2 earls and 1 count. As long as she is not committing fraud she can pretty much call herself whatever she wants. French titles have no meaning in the UK so being Dowager Countess Spencer has more cachet.
Somehow I doubt being the ex-Mrs Mark Phillips will have the same cachet, perhaps the 3rd Mrs Phillips won't find much cachet in the name either if she adopts it. Still he is not really that old so there is still a chance there could be a 4th (probably in high school now).

Last edited:
Still he is not really that old so there is still a chance there could be a 4th (probably in high school now).
4th Candidate for being Mrs. Mark Phillips? :lol::lol::lol:

Mabe baby? (young papa 60+) younger than his granddaughters? This woman would probably like to become a mother, and he should take it into account.

Earl Spencer at least marries women close in age to him, and not ones who could be his daughters.:eek:

I'm wondering if that is why Peter left his job with RBS to look after the family estate. That is if the reports are true that his father is moving to the US to be with the new girlfriend. I honestly don't know what a 35 yr old woman can see in a twice married 63 yr old man. He's old enough to be her father. Can't see this relationship lasting. Sorry for all those involved.

Yes, that's very true and I agree. However, I judge harshly because I've watched too much Judge Judy recently!

You and me both, Jack. Judge Judy takes no prisoners ;).

I don't watch judge Judy and I despise women who sleep with married men. In the war of the sexes we have been taught to view it as us vs them and women are from Venus while men are from Mars. For a fellow Venusian(just made that up) to do such a thing to her fellow sister pisses me off to no end. The # 1 on my hate List is Tori Spelling. Thats not to say i dont blame the man, i definitely do. Mark has proven to be a low life dog and he continues to act the part.

I'm wondering if that is why Peter left his job with RBS to look after the family estate. That is if the reports are true that his father is moving to the US to be with the new girlfriend. I honestly don't know what a 35 yr old woman can see in a twice married 63 yr old man. He's old enough to be her father. Can't see this relationship lasting. Sorry for all those involved.

Age dosn`t matter when you fall in love;)

But how long this love lasts when he gets old and be weak and sickly, and she still healthy, strong woman? Will she sacrifice herself to care for an old man?

Captain Mark Philliips cheated on both of his wives. Not a very good track record. I don't think much of those who are married and cheat on their spouses and I have a very low opinion of women who sleep with a married man. It would be one thing if the woman didn't know he was married (this is rare though) but in this case Lauren Hough knew that he was married.

Did either of them ever think of what this might do to his family? His children? His wife? I imagine Lauren Hough probably didn't think about how it would impact her (usually a woman whose had an affair with a married man is judged more harshly than the man involved). I don't think anyone really thinks about this until after the fact or when it has been found out.

I realize that there are two sides to a story but this is not the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom