Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 6: Jan 2014 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The famous Bletchley Park. Pss Anne looks lovely today, I wish she smiles more. Sometimes she looks like she sucked on a piece of lime.

"Yesterday The Princess Royal visited the Oasis Southampton City Farm, which offers a wide range of activities to the whole community, including adults and children with learning disabilities. HRH met volunteers and staff, as well as the farm’s sheep and chickens"

"The Princess Royal, Chief Commandant for Women @RoyalNavy, then visited @NatMuseumRN to see the museum’s new “Diving Deep” exhibition, which tells the story of the sinking of HMS Invincible in the eighteenth century and the excavation that followed nearly 200 years later"

Last edited:
This week Princess Anne has visited Barka Parka, a company in Somerset that makes dog beds:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's? The born royal's name taking precedence would be how it is usually done.

I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's?

I don't think it says 'tim'; i think it says 'from'.

I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's? The born royal's name taking precedence would be how it is usually done.

I read it as "from" not "Tim"but for either its a bit hard to tell for sure. I do wonder if when a royal couple are sending cards out together if the person most lined to the organisation/person signs first. This might not apply to Anne and Time as he doesn't have any official patronages in the royal sense.

Indeed, Tim hasn't signed that particular card. His signature can be seen on this card (second image):

https://www.icollector.com/Princess-Anne_i25728541

Ironically his signature is left of Anne's - she wrote the card and left space for him.

There are many examples of Anne and Mark's cards where he has written the card and signed it first or she has written it and signed it first.

Thank you all for the correction.

Indeed, Tim hasn't signed that particular card. His signature can be seen on this card (second image):

https://www.icollector.com/Princess-Anne_i25728541

Ironically his signature is left of Anne's - she wrote the card and left space for him.

There are many examples of Anne and Mark's cards where he has written the card and signed it first or she has written it and signed it first.

Very interesting. It seems the British royal family is not as strict on protocol as I imagined.

Thank you all for the correction.

Very interesting. It seems the British royal family is not as strict on protocol as I imagined.

I don't think it has anything to do with protocol, it's just their family Christmas card and they aren't standing on ceremony. She still comes first (or only) in everything related to official events and status.

Princess Anne visited Dartmouth Britannia Royal Naval College today, December 17. She was guest of honour for the annual Lord High Admiral Divisions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

As she is 70 I wonder if Anne has had the Covid vaccine? I'm assuming she has.

I'd assume so too - pretty much every area's on to people in their 60s now.

It's very clear the card was signed only by Anne. It says the word "from" above Anne's name.

To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the first Rugby match between Scotland and England, The Princess Royal, as Scottish Rugby Patron, has send a special message for this occasion.
Scottish Rugby @Scotlandteam
Today we mark 150 years of international rugby [Flag of Scotland]
On 27th March 1871, the first international match was played at Raeburn Place between Scotland and England.
Scottish Rugby Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, has sent us a special message to mark the occasion.
#AsOne
8:01 PM · Mar 27, 2021·Twitter Media Studio​

The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
The Princess Royal, Patron, @Scotlandteam, has marked the 150th anniversary of the first international rugby match, between England and Scotland Flag of EnglandFlag of Scotland Rugby football
On the eve of this historic anniversary last night, Scotland were victorious in Paris for the first time since 1999 Fisted hand #AsOne
9:29 PM · Mar 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

I read somewhere that it went ahead because Philip was so passionate about sailing that they felt it appropriate.

The Princess Royal has completed three engagements (excluding Prince Philip's funeral) since her visit to the Royal Yacht Squadron in Cowes on 14th April. All three meetings were conducted virtually (via video link) and at St. James's Palace

15 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Princess Royal, President, RedR UK, this evening participated in a Panel Discussion via video link.

19 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Princess Royal, Chancellor, the University of Edinburgh, this afternoon attended the Chancellor's Awards Ceremony via video link, accompanied by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

20 April 2021
St. James's Palace
The Princess Royal this afternoon observed a Gloucestershire Constabulary Strategic Co-ordinating Group Meeting via video link, accompanied by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr. Edward Gillespie).

https://www.royal.uk/court-circular...ate]=9/04/2020&date[max][date]=21/04/2021&id=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom