The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2020, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's? The born royal's name taking precedence would be how it is usually done.

Old 12-13-2020, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
What a lovely picture of Princess Anne, Sir Timothy Laurence and their dogs!

Thank you eya for the links to the image of Christmas card.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's?
I don't think it says 'tim'; i think it says 'from'.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I wonder why Sir Tim signed his name above Princess Anne's? The born royal's name taking precedence would be how it is usually done.
I read it as "from" not "Tim"but for either its a bit hard to tell for sure. I do wonder if when a royal couple are sending cards out together if the person most lined to the organisation/person signs first. This might not apply to Anne and Time as he doesn't have any official patronages in the royal sense.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Indeed, Tim hasn't signed that particular card. His signature can be seen on this card (second image):

https://www.icollector.com/Princess-Anne_i25728541

Ironically his signature is left of Anne's - she wrote the card and left space for him.

There are many examples of Anne and Mark's cards where he has written the card and signed it first or she has written it and signed it first.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you all for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Indeed, Tim hasn't signed that particular card. His signature can be seen on this card (second image):

https://www.icollector.com/Princess-Anne_i25728541

Ironically his signature is left of Anne's - she wrote the card and left space for him.

There are many examples of Anne and Mark's cards where he has written the card and signed it first or she has written it and signed it first.
Very interesting. It seems the British royal family is not as strict on protocol as I imagined.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Thank you all for the correction.

Very interesting. It seems the British royal family is not as strict on protocol as I imagined.
I don't think it has anything to do with protocol, it's just their family Christmas card and they aren't standing on ceremony. She still comes first (or only) in everything related to official events and status.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Princess Anne visited Dartmouth Britannia Royal Naval College today, December 17. She was guest of honour for the annual Lord High Admiral Divisions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Tags
princess anne, princess royal