Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 6: Jan 2014 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park a crown estate?

No

It was bought for her as a wedding present by the Queen.

Nw

It was bought for her as a wedding present by the Queen.

It was bought and owned by the Queen.. When PA and Mark divorced, it was owned by HM, so there you go. Apparently now PA owns it all.

Same with Sunninghill. It was owned by The Crown until before the sale to the foreign entity, when it became all of a sudden, Prince Andrew's personal property.

My understanding is that Gatcombe Park was private property that the Queen purchased and then gifted the property to Princess Anne upon her marriage.

Sunninghill Park does have a Crown Estate connection but the Queen purchased the property from the Crown Estate and then gifted the property to Prince Andrew upon his marriage. Prince Andrew later sold the property.

Princess Anne as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Corps of Signals and husband Tim attended the Centenary Service at Salisbury Cathedral today, February 29:

** rex gallery ** mixed dailymail article **

Last edited:
Princess Anne visited Care and Repair in Ebbw Vale, Gwent, on the occasion of its 30th anniversary, today, March 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Anne accompanied by her husband Sir Tim Laurence, today paid tribute to a remarkable woman: Odette Hallowes. On Platform 8 at Paddington Station, The Princess Anne revealed that a new @GWRHelp train would be named after the WWII Secret Agent

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESb7WJ6XQAIbPa0?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESb7WO5XsAAqqXZ?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESb7WO4WoAQsqGW?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESb7WSgWoAYUam_?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESb7XWjXsAEEk2Z?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited:
Court Circular 2nd March:
St. James's Palace

The Princess Royal visited Blaenau Gwent and Caerphilly Care and Repair, Unit 7, Roseheyworth Business Park, Abertillery, to mark its Thirtieth Anniversary, and was received by Mrs Susan Gwyer-Roberts (Deputy Lieutenant of Gwent).

Court Circular 13th March:
St James’s Palace

The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, today attended the Cheltenham Festival at Cheltenham Racecourse and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr Edward Gillespie).

:previous:

And BOOM :

"And she worries that the younger generation of royals may be in too much of a hurry to change the royal family’s tried and tested approach when it comes to philanthropy. Describing herself as “the boring old fuddy-duddy at the back saying, ‘Don’t forget the basics,’ ” she cautions, “I don’t think this younger generation probably understands what I was doing in the past and it’s often true, isn’t it? You don’t necessarily look at the previous generation and say, ‘Oh, you did that?’ Or, ‘You went there?’ Nowadays, they’re much more looking for, ‘Oh let’s do it a new way.’ And I’m already at the stage, ‘Please do not reinvent that particular wheel. We’ve been there, done that. Some of these things don’t work. You may need to go back to basics.’ "

Auntie Anne have spoken ...

Last edited:
I loved the picture of Anne in the Vanity Fair article, the one where she’s wearing a strangely familiar ? brown tweed coat. She looks so much like HM and Princess Margaret, and young Peter looks like Prince George.

Fantastic article- & Anne is so interesting. She’s kind of always been my perfect sort of princess - kind of a tomboy, very much a horse lover, someone who speaks her mind. I should pay more attention to her. I’ve read that she & Charles are pretty close & that he & Zara are also

Anne has always had a no nonsense character - she takes after Philip in that respect. What you see is what you get!

I loved the picture of Anne in the Vanity Fair article, the one where she’s wearing a strangely familiar ? brown tweed coat. She looks so much like HM and Princess Margaret, and young Peter looks like Prince George.

I was really well written and the photos were refreshingly not the same old same old. The photo of Anne and Liz at a state dinner (Her Majesty is in green) surprised me because Anne is actually broader than her Mom in that one!

It was exactly what I needed yesterday afternoon. Go read it if you have not.

She always speaks so well and directly to the subject she is totally right in her don't reinvent the wheel , she says little publicly but when she does it is short brief and true

An interesting article. She understands that it's about service & not about her or any other individual in the family, other than The Queen herself of course. That's why she gets a lot of respect.

Love the story about Charles in a kilt. Classic.

"“May I offer my congratulations to everyone who has made it possible to open the NHS Louisa Jordan Hospital in Glasgow.”

The Princess Royal has congratulated staff at the new @NHSLouisaJordan hospital."

Additional information: The NHS Louisa Jordan Hospital was named for a nurse who served at the Scottish Women's Hospitals during the First World War. This hospital was only built in 20 days and has over 1,000 beds courtesy of the Stirling University and The University of West Scotland.

Source

Princess Anne gave a behind-the-scenes glimpse into royal life in a rare interview to mark her 70th birthday

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/04/princess-anne-opens-up-about-her-lifetime-as-a-royal

It was enjoyable to read an interview which, unlike many, concentrated on the valuable work carried out by a royal woman who is viewed as (quoting the princess) "a boring old fuddy-duddy".

Very interesting that the Princess Royal would have aspired to be an engineer had she not been royal, and that she has redirected that ambition into championing women in the field of engineering.

What a charming video of the Princess Royal and WW2 Veteran Dorothy Pettican Runnicles

I agree. Anne is a national treasure.

Princess Anne as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Logistics Corps visited the Duke of Gloucester Barracks today, June 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom