A Boy for Zara and Mike Tindall!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the couple and welcome little Lucas Philip! It must have been a bit scary when they realized the baby wouldn't wait until they reach the hospital. Even when everthing goes well, an unplanned homebirth requires a lot of calm and a total lacking of stress or panick. The daughter of friends of mine gave birth at her parents' home, and it was quite a thing.

Just a guess but labor is very messy and they had not prepared the bed. Washing up afterbirth on bedclothes is not something anybody wants to do so the bath room would be easier to clean as well as sanitize

Also his great grandad was born on a kitchen table so here’s to history!

Thank you amaryllus. I don't have children (sadly) but yes...your explanation makes sense. I suppose in the scores of home births where the mother does deliver in her bedroom, the linen has already been prepared in anticipation of labor and delivery.

And yes. .I did know the DoE was delivered on the dining room table at Tatoi!

Welcome to the little boy! Congratulations to Zara and Mike!

He’s born on my birthday!!
Don’t quite like the name Lucas!!

Congratulations to Zara and Mike.
Welcome Lucas Philip Tindall. I like the names.
Lucas joins four other family members using Philip as a middle name; Charles, William, James, August, and now Lucas.

Congratulations to Zara and Mike.
Welcome Lucas Philip Tindall. I like the names.
Lucas joins four other family members using Philip as a middle name; Charles, William, James, August, and now Lucas.

All first born males in the family it seems get a Philip in their names, except for Peter as it probably too much with the last name.

I didnt join the names guessing game but I did guess Lucas for Eugenie's boy. :lol:

All first born males in the family it seems get a Philip in their names, except for Peter as it probably too much with the last name.

I didnt join the names guessing game but I did guess Lucas for Eugenie's boy. :lol:

Prince George and Archie Harrison don't have Philip in their names.

Prince George and Archie Harrison don't have Philip in their names.

Woops, forgot them looking too hard at the non-direct branches :lol:

I believe only Harry and Archie are the ones without a direct or indirect tribute to Prince Philip or his relations. All the other boys have a Philip, Louis or Andrew in their names. (Happy to be corrected..)

Mike's dad is Philip, too, so it matches both families ;-)

Couldn't have been fun having him on the bathroom floor.

Mike and her friend, a midwife were there and its the third child, everything went well. and I do not know if a birth is ever fun, but surely always a wonderful moment for a mother, no matter where it happens.

Woops, forgot them looking too hard at the non-direct branches :lol:

I believe only Harry and Archie are the ones without a direct or indirect tribute to Prince Philip or his relations. All the other boys have a Philip, Louis or Andrew in their names. (Happy to be corrected..)

They have Mountbatten. Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, that should count and it is huge considering how much Prince Philip fought for it.
And Philip's other uncle is George Louis Victor Henry Mountbatten - he is less known than this brother the Earl of Burma Louis Mountbatten. So there is Henry.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world little Lucas Philip Tindall. Nice name. Will Zara and Mike have a story to tell him, when he is old enough. Guess what Lucas you were born at home on the bathroom floor. Big sisters Mia and Lena must be very happy. Congratulation to the Family. Great news to start the day.

Glad they have a boy as I think taht they liked the idea of having one...and the name is quite nice....

Hey, great news! Good to hear mother and child are doing well :flowers:

Nice to see Phil's name being used again, probalby as it is his 100th year.. Eugenie and Zara are using it...

fab news, they must be delighted to have their baby boy. i wonder if they were planning a home birth or whether lucas' arrival took them by surprise. i'm not too keen on the name lucas but love how philip is his second name, specially seeing the health issues he's had lately - surely not a coincidence both zara and eugenie decided to include philip in the life of their babies at this time.

It was told already that it was a surprise.

Congratulations to the couple! A boy to round off the family. Welcome to the world, little Lucas!

It’s a Boy! Congratulations to Zara and Mike as welcome a baby boy , Mike confirmed the news in his rugby podcast.

"‘... and then Sunday got even better because a little baby boy arrived at my house!’"

"A spokeswoman for the couple said: “Zara and Mike Tindall are happy to announce the birth of their third child, Lucas Philip Tindall. The little boy arrived on March 21, weighing 8lbs 4oz and is a first grandson for Princess Anne.'

Wonderful news!

And a fitting tribute to both the Duke of Edinburgh and Zara's paternal family.

It is excellent that Master Lucas has Philip as a middle name.

Indeed! Born on the bathroom floor as they didn’t have time to go to hospital!

I think his name is lovely.

But why pick the bathroom and not the bedroom? Many babies are born at home in the Netherlands but unless it is a water birth, most mothers prefer their bed over the bathroom floor.

Probably if you weren't preparing for a whom birth, this makes some sense?!

But why pick the bathroom and not the bedroom? Many babies are born at home in the Netherlands but unless it is a water birth, most mothers prefer their bed over the bathroom floor.

I hazard a guess that little Lucas had no intention on waiting and when Zara needed to push, she probably thought it was a bowel movement as they feel the same, I.e urgency to push. Probably why she was in the bathroom.

When the baby is coming, it doesn't discriminate where! And at stage 3 of labour, Zara wouldn't of cared if she was in the bathroom, bedroom or hallway!

Congrats to Zara, Mike and the girls! Sounds like they will have their hands full with the little bundle of energy ??

I'm surprised they had a name and everything all ready. Now all that's left to guess is godparents.

10 great grandchildren now. How fantastic. I love the name Lucas Philip too. Great news for a happy family! ?

All 10 of them in order of birth:

Savannah Anne Kathleen Phillips (29 December 2010)
Isla Elizabeth Phillips (29 March 2012)
George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (22 July 2013)
Mia Grace Tindall (17 January 2014)
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge (2 May 2015)
Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge (23 April 2018)
Lena Elizabeth Tindall (18 June 2018)
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (6 May 2019)
August Philip Hawke Brooksbank (9 February 2021)
Lucas Philip Tindall (21 March 2021)

Obviously the birth happened fast and the bathroom was probably a better place to put down towels and mats and wash things....

I'm surprised they had a name and everything all ready. Now all that's left to guess is godparents.

Apparently, they decided on the name after birth; but I assume they had several options... And I don't think the middle name was still up in the air.

Given that the baby was most likely born around his due date, I would have been much more surprised if they still had no clue about the name of their child.

I hazard a guess that little Lucas had no intention on waiting and when Zara needed to push, she probably thought it was a bowel movement as they feel the same, I.e urgency to push. Probably why she was in the bathroom.

When the baby is coming, it doesn't discriminate where! And at stage 3 of labour, Zara wouldn't of cared if she was in the bathroom, bedroom or hallway!

Congrats to Zara, Mike and the girls! Sounds like they will have their hands full with the little bundle of energy ??

According to Mike they had time to put down mats, call up the midwife who arrived just in time So, while the time was limited, they were able to do SOME preparations and they purposefully moved to the bathroom when they found out that going to the hospital was no longer an option.

Mike recalled: 'Fortunately Zara's friend Dolly [Maude] is, she's actually more important than I am at making sure she's been at all three of my children's births, she was there and recognised that we wouldn't have got to the hospital in time, so it was run into the gym, get a mat, get into the bathroom, towels down, brace brace brace!

'Fortunately the midwife that was going to meet us at the hospital wasn't that far away so she drove up, got there just as we'd assumed the position, and then the second midwife arrived just after the head had arrived!'

Congratulations to Zara and Mike and their families!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom