The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2021, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Maybe Lucas Philip (love those names) were always choices should they have a boy. Lucas especially has been quite popular for several years as a boys name.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:55 PM
Majesty

I would guess they knew they were expecting a boy.. and had a name prepared.. just watied till he was born to see if the name seemed "right" for him. I hope Zara is OK... it was quite a drama for her...

Old 03-24-2021, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I would guess they knew they were expecting a boy.. and had a name prepared.. just watied till he was born to see if the name seemed "right" for him. I hope Zara is OK... it was quite a drama for her...
According to Mike, Zara, Lucas and Mike himself took a walk on the morning of the pod-cast, which was taped one or two days after his birth, so, it seems she is doing ok.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the Tindall family.

Two great-grandchildren this year and both have Philip as part of their name. Obviously little girl Sussex won’t have Philip as part of her name but wonder if she’ll have Phillipa or something?
Old 03-24-2021, 08:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
But why pick the bathroom and not the bedroom? Many babies are born at home in the Netherlands but unless it is a water birth, most mothers prefer their bed over the bathroom floor.

Probably if you weren't preparing for a whom birth, this makes some sense?!
I would guess that Zara had been in the bathroom getting ready to leave when the urge to push suddenly came, and the bathroom at least had tile floor. I doubt it was a tiny bathroom.

(One of mine came so fast that she was born in the foyer. My husband really thought we could make it to the hospital, and even though I knew he was wrong, for a moment he had me convinced. I'm grateful we didn't make it to the elevator at least.)
Old 03-24-2021, 08:56 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the whole family!
Old 03-25-2021, 06:36 AM
Majesty

obviously they went to the bathroom because it was clean, had water nad would be easier to clear up afterwards than a bed...
Old 03-25-2021, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Makes sense. A bunch of towels for some 'semblance of comfort' for Zara and they are ready to go.
Quote:
obviously they went to the bathroom because it was clean, had water nad would be easier to clear up afterwards than a bed...
Old 03-25-2021, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
or maybe she wanted to go to the toilet, her waters broke ans she could not move anymore., I have been a midwife for more than 10 years in the Netherlands, I have seen women delivering a baby in under 30 minutes!, I did the delivery of my neighbour, I was not her midwife but her husband banged on the door one early morning. Please help us: First contraction 06.30 hours, broke her membranes straight away and she could not walk anymore
I just went with him and was just in time to catch the baby. Total labour time 23 minutes!!.

But hey a birth is never nice and I am sure she was pleased it was all over so quick. Better this way than hours and hours of contractions in a hospital.

Congrats to them. Very nice name!
Old 03-25-2021, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leene View Post
or maybe she wanted to go to the toilet, her waters broke ans she could not move anymore., I have been a midwife for more than 10 years in the Netherlands, I have seen women delivering a baby in under 30 minutes!, I did the delivery of my neighbour, I was not her midwife but her husband banged on the door one early morning. Please help us: First contraction 06.30 hours, broke her membranes straight away and she could not walk anymore
I just went with him and was just in time to catch the baby. Total labour time 23 minutes!!.

But hey a birth is never nice and I am sure she was pleased it was all over so quick. Better this way than hours and hours of contractions in a hospital.

Congrats to them. Very nice name!
well Mike apparently said that they had time to get some gym mats and call someone in.. so it wasn't quite THAT fast...
Old 03-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Courtier

I am thrilled for Zara and Mike, they must be over the moon. This is the Pss Royals first Grandson after four girls. She and Sir Tim must be over joyed. Someone on here said Lena already claimed him as her baby. Hope we get some pictures soon.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I am thrilled for Zara and Mike, they must be over the moon. This is the Pss Royals first Grandson after four girls. She and Sir Tim must be over joyed. Someone on here said Lena already claimed him as her baby. Hope we get some pictures soon.
And grandpa Mark Philips must be overjoyed too!
And Mike's parents too!

Mike has one brother, hasn't he? Anyone knows something about his family status?
Old 03-25-2021, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the family. I love his name but am most pleased that Zara apparently had a short labor - good for her.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And grandpa Mark Philips must be overjoyed too!
And Mike's parents too!

Mike has one brother, hasn't he? Anyone knows something about his family status?
Mike’s brother is married with a child, I believe a son.

Incidentally, everyone is leaping, hardly surprisingly, onto the Philip connection due to Prince Philip’s 100th birthday. It may well be a tribute to him. However it shouldn’t be forgotten that Mike’s father is also a Philip and they may well have wanted to honour him too.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'd never have guessed Lucas in a million years,Philip is a nice nod to the Duke in his 100th year.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

What fantastic news! So glad Lucas and Zara are safe and well. I imagine this news is really putting a smile on the Queen and Philip's faces after a rough few months.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Mike’s brother is married with a child, I believe a son.

Incidentally, everyone is leaping, hardly surprisingly, onto the Philip connection due to Prince Philip’s 100th birthday. It may well be a tribute to him. However it shouldn’t be forgotten that Mike’s father is also a Philip and they may well have wanted to honour him too.
It's always rather childish when people immediately assume the names of a royal child are automatically honouring members of the royal family. I'd imagine Philip was picked as it honours both of Lucas' grandfathers (being the first name of Mike's Dad and reflecting Zara's surname) The fact it is also his great grandfather's name is a bonus but I wouldn't presume it was after him first and foremost.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

It's very convenient when the same name's on both sides of the family - it means you can please everyone with one choice :-) . So everyone's happy, which is lovely.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It's very convenient when the same name's on both sides of the family - it means you can please everyone with one choice :-) . So everyone's happy, which is lovely.

My thoughts exactly.

Same thing with Charlotte having Elizabeth as her middle name. It was on both sides of the family.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Did they publish a photo of little Lucas yet?