The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2021, 12:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Couldn't have been fun having him on the bathroom floor.
Mike and her friend, a midwife were there and its the third child, everything went well. and I do not know if a birth is ever fun, but surely always a wonderful moment for a mother, no matter where it happens.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Woops, forgot them looking too hard at the non-direct branches

I believe only Harry and Archie are the ones without a direct or indirect tribute to Prince Philip or his relations. All the other boys have a Philip, Louis or Andrew in their names. (Happy to be corrected..)
They have Mountbatten. Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, that should count and it is huge considering how much Prince Philip fought for it.
And Philip's other uncle is George Louis Victor Henry Mountbatten - he is less known than this brother the Earl of Burma Louis Mountbatten. So there is Henry.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy50 View Post
Mike's dad is Philip, too, so it matches both families ;-)
And, of course, Zara’s maiden name is Phillips.
This little boy is covering a lot of bases ⭐️
Old 03-24-2021, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Welcome to the world little Lucas Philip Tindall. Nice name. Will Zara and Mike have a story to tell him, when he is old enough. Guess what Lucas you were born at home on the bathroom floor. Big sisters Mia and Lena must be very happy. Congratulation to the Family. Great news to start the day.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Glad they have a boy as I think taht they liked the idea of having one...and the name is quite nice....
Old 03-24-2021, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Hey, great news! Good to hear mother and child are doing well
Old 03-24-2021, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Nice to see Phil's name being used again, probalby as it is his 100th year.. Eugenie and Zara are using it...
Old 03-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Majesty

fab news, they must be delighted to have their baby boy. i wonder if they were planning a home birth or whether lucas' arrival took them by surprise. i'm not too keen on the name lucas but love how philip is his second name, specially seeing the health issues he's had lately - surely not a coincidence both zara and eugenie decided to include philip in the life of their babies at this time.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:41 PM
Majesty

It was told already that it was a surprise.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to the couple! A boy to round off the family. Welcome to the world, little Lucas!
Old 03-24-2021, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
It’s a Boy! Congratulations to Zara and Mike as welcome a baby boy , Mike confirmed the news in his rugby podcast.

"‘... and then Sunday got even better because a little baby boy arrived at my house!’"

"A spokeswoman for the couple said: “Zara and Mike Tindall are happy to announce the birth of their third child, Lucas Philip Tindall. The little boy arrived on March 21, weighing 8lbs 4oz and is a first grandson for Princess Anne.'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1374611573948481539
Wonderful news!

And a fitting tribute to both the Duke of Edinburgh and Zara's paternal family.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:56 PM
Majesty

It is excellent that Master Lucas has Philip as a middle name.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Indeed! Born on the bathroom floor as they didn’t have time to go to hospital!

I think his name is lovely.
But why pick the bathroom and not the bedroom? Many babies are born at home in the Netherlands but unless it is a water birth, most mothers prefer their bed over the bathroom floor.

Probably if you weren't preparing for a whom birth, this makes some sense?!
Old 03-24-2021, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
But why pick the bathroom and not the bedroom? Many babies are born at home in the Netherlands but unless it is a water birth, most mothers prefer their bed over the bathroom floor.

I hazard a guess that little Lucas had no intention on waiting and when Zara needed to push, she probably thought it was a bowel movement as they feel the same, I.e urgency to push. Probably why she was in the bathroom.

When the baby is coming, it doesn't discriminate where! And at stage 3 of labour, Zara wouldn't of cared if she was in the bathroom, bedroom or hallway!

Congrats to Zara, Mike and the girls! Sounds like they will have their hands full with the little bundle of energy
Old 03-24-2021, 05:02 PM
Courtier

I'm surprised they had a name and everything all ready. Now all that's left to guess is godparents.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
10 great grandchildren now. How fantastic. I love the name Lucas Philip too. Great news for a happy family!
All 10 of them in order of birth:

Savannah Anne Kathleen Phillips (29 December 2010)
Isla Elizabeth Phillips (29 March 2012)
George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (22 July 2013)
Mia Grace Tindall (17 January 2014)
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge (2 May 2015)
Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge (23 April 2018)
Lena Elizabeth Tindall (18 June 2018)
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (6 May 2019)
August Philip Hawke Brooksbank (9 February 2021)
Lucas Philip Tindall (21 March 2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 05:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

Obviously the birth happened fast and the bathroom was probably a better place to put down towels and mats and wash things....
Old 03-24-2021, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'm surprised they had a name and everything all ready. Now all that's left to guess is godparents.
Apparently, they decided on the name after birth; but I assume they had several options... And I don't think the middle name was still up in the air.

Given that the baby was most likely born around his due date, I would have been much more surprised if they still had no clue about the name of their child.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I hazard a guess that little Lucas had no intention on waiting and when Zara needed to push, she probably thought it was a bowel movement as they feel the same, I.e urgency to push. Probably why she was in the bathroom.

When the baby is coming, it doesn't discriminate where! And at stage 3 of labour, Zara wouldn't of cared if she was in the bathroom, bedroom or hallway!

Congrats to Zara, Mike and the girls! Sounds like they will have their hands full with the little bundle of energy
According to Mike they had time to put down mats, call up the midwife who arrived just in time So, while the time was limited, they were able to do SOME preparations and they purposefully moved to the bathroom when they found out that going to the hospital was no longer an option.

Quote:
Mike recalled: 'Fortunately Zara's friend Dolly [Maude] is, she's actually more important than I am at making sure she's been at all three of my children's births, she was there and recognised that we wouldn't have got to the hospital in time, so it was run into the gym, get a mat, get into the bathroom, towels down, brace brace brace!

'Fortunately the midwife that was going to meet us at the hospital wasn't that far away so she drove up, got there just as we'd assumed the position, and then the second midwife arrived just after the head had arrived!'
Old 03-24-2021, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Zara and Mike and their families!