Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the pictures, I think they should give the opportunity on a regular basis for the press to take their picture. Nothing difficult or wrong with that. It gives them control over their appearance and keeps the press happy.
These days or the months before they took it a bit to the extreme with not showing Leonor for so long or not show in public after birth for so long, as the other CP's did, even on non or semi-official events. The result is even more critizism or gossip.

I agree with Lula, this is an extorsion.

In my last post I explained that I think that Letizia is one of the most written-about Royals because her way so far gives plenty of room for speculations why she is happy or in most cases unhappy, such as being divorced, marrying into the strict SRF, her sister's death etc etc. In most cases it might be untrue but it won't prevent the magazines from writing about it, neither now nor in the future, because her story simply sells.
You have much preoccupation by her divorce, in Spain does not worry to anybody almost, her ex-husband is discreet and he never goes to television programs, other princess have coexisted with their ex boys friends, some are even famous or have organized scandals. The SRF is not strict, is serious, but it is very near and familiar in the treatment. Letizia is most protocolic of the family to avoid critics not being royal.

I believe that Letizia it will appear in the magazines while it continues being an attractive woman and when her life is interesting, but I don't think that her life will be more interesting than the one of any other princess, she is a very reasonable woman, likes to live a simple and familiar life, like her husband, and is very responsible with her obligations.

thanks for your answers.:flowers:

Last edited:
I think we should pay less attention of the weak and vulgar articles of Yellow Press. Yellow Press nourrish herself by rumors and unnoble gossips. Nothing they said is actually true...Why are we wasting our precious time discussing their assertions? Yellow Press is not Monarchist, nor Republican, nor Communist..Is..Just what it is. A group of coward liars who lives by the bad industry of making up things about people. They doesn't dislikes Princess Latizia, nor likes her. They just need to write some scandalous thing about famous people, and well..the do. They doesn't have any people they likes or admire. They only see on them the future subject of a fake new who would make them to win money and more money.

I ask to myself why people keep purchasing these sweepings. If people wouldn't they should disappear in no time.

Vanesa.

I think we should pay less attention of the weak and vulgar articles of Yellow Press. Yellow Press nourrish herself by rumors and unnoble gossips. Nothing they said is actually true...Why are we wasting our precious time discussing their assertions? Yellow Press is not Monarchist, nor Republican, nor Communist..Is..Just what it is. A group of coward liars who lives by the bad industry of making up things about people. They doesn't dislikes Princess Latizia, nor likes her. They just need to write some scandalous thing about famous people, and well..the do. They doesn't have any people they likes or admire. They only see on them the future subject of a fake new who would make them to win money and more money.

I ask to myself why people keep purchasing these sweepings. If people wouldn't they should disappear in no time.

Vanesa.

The trubble is that the yellow press it's the basis of some strange refelexions that since the begining of this thread are becoming more and more far awy of the topic which " what is our opinion about the PRINCES OF ASTURIAS ".

I have a suggestion, as this thread is becoming difficult to understand because some levels of discussions are mixed, may be it would be interesting to sumarize the main currents of thaught to determine more clearly the opinions about THE PRINCES, because as far as I can see, It's becoming totally understandable!

My opinion on the principes is favorable. I think they do an awesome job in their duties as Principes de Asturias. When the day comes that King Juan Carlos sadly passes away, they will continue representing Spain in the same capacity that they do as the heirs.

I hope one day they come to San Antonio! We have a big spanish background and I would love to see them in person:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

This is rather interesting thread; obviously the issues around each CR are different. I follow the Spanish RF rather half-heartedly; I love Queen Sofia but find JC rather pompous and stuffy, like he was the one not capable of changing with time and age. The Spanish RF seems quite a bit more old-fashioned than the lot. In that sense, it would be nice to see Letizia and Felipe both step forward and update their positions. Letizia surely is smart and capable, and it would sad if that was never put in proper public use.

The king showed what he was made of in 1981; perhaps Felipe is still waiting for the similar chance in his life to grow into.

I simply don´t understand why this Letizia appears so poor of her looks. She destroys every nice family picture because of her thin and worn-out features. This white pants f.i. look horrible. And who for heaven´s sake did that hairstyle to her? Looks as if she stood infront of the bathroom mirror and cut them herself with a normal household-scissors. And afterwards she washed it with the cheapest shampoo she probably could find. It´s a pity that the future Queen of Spain appears in that way now since months. She simply doesn´t look fresh and healthy and every time I see her I shake my head and ask myself what´s going on with that woman. I know that many women look better with make-up and so does Leti. But even without make-up she mustn´t look that sick and unhealthy.

I simply don´t understand why this Letizia appears so poor of her looks. She destroys every nice family picture because of her thin and worn-out features. This white pants f.i. look horrible. And who for heaven´s sake did that hairstyle to her? Looks as if she stood infront of the bathroom mirror and cut them herself with a normal household-scissors. And afterwards she washed it with the cheapest shampoo she probably could find. It´s a pity that the future Queen of Spain appears in that way now since months. She simply doesn´t look fresh and healthy and every time I see her I shake my head and ask myself what´s going on with that woman. I know that many women look better with make-up and so does Leti. But even without make-up she mustn´t look that sick and unhealthy.

This could be my post :) I completely agree.

The problem for me is to understand why. I repeat myself here but during the frist three years I thought Letizia was one of the best if not the best dressed CP around. Hairstyle, looks etc on many occasions impressive :notworthy: I wouldn't call Letizia beautiful in the common sense but a woman who can be very very pretty, including the WOW factor.

What has happened? Did the SRF do some serious cost cutting and sacked all stylists or advisors? Did they think that Letizia caused too much media coverage by her looks - I hope not because the coverage now is even more and not for the better? I don't know. Letizia has the features to shine - a pity that her looks have gone from very special and very pretty to an unstyled and boring housewife look as if she was Senora X. I wouldn't complain if she had looked like that all the time - there are royals around who simply don't have the ability to look stylish - but keeping in mind where she is coming from it's just sad and incomprehensible - why remains a mystery, at least to me. She could do so much better!

The Royal Family does not have stylists. Nobody receives a salary to choose the clothes to them, or to decide that they dress every day.

Letizia is like she is, some times she can go better and others worse,as any other person. She is the one that decides her clothes, and inside the limits that impose her ... something that not always must be easy.

The Royal Family does not have stylists. Nobody receives a salary to choose the clothes to them, or to decide that they dress every day.

Letizia is like she is, some times she can go better and others worse,as any other person. She is the one that decides her clothes, and inside the limits that impose her ... something that not always must be easy.

Maybe not anymore ... That's much too simple imo and doesn't explain why she did so well and all of a sudden went into this boring and ordinary direction as if she or Zarzuela wanted another image of her as Princes of Asturias.

I can't believe they don't have advisors in relation to fashion and style. Just like her hair or make up is being done by a stylist for bigger events there will be people around who will present or even design the appropriate clothing for her, not only gala or evening designs but also everyday clothing. Letizia might chose what to wear in the end but I imagine she simply doesn't have the time to manage her wardrobe completely by herself.

The figure of the stylist does not exist. There is no a person who chooses their clothes and does their shopping, or that decides that style they take.

The Queen has a hairdresser, which is the one that brushes her and makes up her for the acts, and the same hairdesser (or her assistant) they are those who arrange Letizia. The Princess to cut the hair , or to do some treatment goes to a hairdresser's shop (a good hairdresser's shop of Madrid to which I believe that already she was going before).

Later both have their maiden, but nothing more. There are no ladies of company, and the feminine personnel in Zarzuela is limited enough.

Both the Queen and the Princess have their tailors of confidence. Most of the suits of the Queen belongs to Margarita Nuez, like the Princess dresses of Varela. Initially of every season they meet them, and decide that type of suits want. Often these suits, they are chosen already with all the complements. Initially the Princess also was buying clothes in Adolfo Dominguez, where she had a friend who was helping and was advising her, but he has changed of company.

In case of Letizia the choice of Varela was across the Infanta Elena, she dresses his suits and he had his shop in the same building where the Infanta Elena was living. It was facilitating also the work to the safety members who have had several problems in shops.

So the Princess Letizia has had to learn to organize her cupboard, with some advice of friends or relatives, but without great helps. She follows the same tactics of the Queen, probably because it is the one that they have imposed or because she does not have facilities to do other things. Initially, still single she tried with several Spanish designers, but they did not convince ... and the possibility of using not Spanish design without they attack her without limit is limited enough (though the Queen and the Infantas resort to them often even in very important acts).

As for the last year, the Princess has passed a bad pregnancy, deciding often at the last hour her appearances. Her models could like more or less, but at least in Spain that was what this winter was fashionable.

The figure of the stylist does not exist. There is no a person who chooses their clothes and does their shopping, or that decides that style they take.

The Queen has a hairdresser, which is the one that brushes her and makes up her for the acts, and the same hairdesser (or her assistant) they are those who arrange Letizia. The Princess to cut the hair , or to do some treatment goes to a hairdresser's shop (a good hairdresser's shop of Madrid to which I believe that already she was going before).

Later both have their maiden, but nothing more. There are no ladies of company, and the feminine personnel in Zarzuela is limited enough.

Both the Queen and the Princess have their tailors of confidence. Most of the suits of the Queen belongs to Margarita Nuez, like the Princess dresses of Varela. Initially of every season they meet them, and decide that type of suits want. Often these suits, they are chosen already with all the complements. Initially the Princess also was buying clothes in Adolfo Dominguez, where she had a friend who was helping and was advising her, but he has changed of company.

In case of Letizia the choice of Varela was across the Infanta Elena, she dresses his suits and he had his shop in the same building where the Infanta Elena was living. It was facilitating also the work to the safety members who have had several problems in shops.

So the Princess Letizia has had to learn to organize her cupboard, with some advice of friends or relatives, but without great helps. She follows the same tactics of the Queen, probably because it is the one that they have imposed or because she does not have facilities to do other things. Initially, still single she tried with several Spanish designers, but they did not convince ... and the possibility of using not Spanish design without they attack her without limit is limited enough (though the Queen and the Infantas resort to them often even in very important acts).

As for the last year, the Princess has passed a bad pregnancy, deciding often at the last hour her appearances. Her models could like more or less, but at least in Spain that was what this winter was fashionable.

Thanks for giving inside lula. Much appreciated.

If this is true, Letizia has done extremley well in the beginning and the assistant of Sofia's hairdresser must have been very creative as he or she did very good job.

For the benefit of the doubt, let's hope it was the bad pregnancy and stressful time afterwards that took away that energy and creativity from her that she used to put into her outer appearances, that made her feel like putting on black stockings and ordinary dresses was enough to wear when attending events, that prevented her from changing her hairstyling not once and that made her think that being on vacation means being on vacation and doesn't mean looking smart or stylish.

But pregnancy and difficult times should be over now, Letizia has two wonderful daughters and is oviously very happy in her marriage, so hopefully she will begin this September where she stopped last September - with a stunning appearance and perfect style.

It is strange, to my I neither am upset with them I nor surprise the black stockings ... maybe because this winter I have seen them every day in many women ... like now I see the "leggins" ... it is fashion. You can like or not, but there is no doubt that it is fashion. When she goes classic because she goes classic, when she follows the fashion ... because she follows it.:lol:

How do you know that she doesn't have a stylist? Do you see her out shopping herself for her and for the gorgeous kids' clothers her children wear? Even then I would think someone might be advising her.

She simply doesn´t look fresh and healthy and every time I see her I shake my head and ask myself what´s going on with that woman.
Well, I agree with Stefanie here.
I like Letizia, I admire her a lot for what she has achieved pre-wedding and that she was willing to give it all up for the man she loves.
But ever so often when I see pictures of her - and especially of her & Felipe at a function - I want to say: "What's wrong with her" and "What a pity". She seems happy at times - especially when with her children - but over all she doesn't give the impression of a happy woman to me.

And what's worse: she still doesn't convince me in her role as crownprincess.
IMO after 3 years Letizia doesn't have a profile of her own and in that respect she seems far behind all the other CPs. Every now and then things are announced with a big fanfare and then nothing much happens. Of course she had a lot of difficulties, especially in the last year, but things weren't always easy for others as well, still they managed to sharpen their profiles.
Letizia is reduced to being merely an assisting decoration "piece" and therefore she should be decorative at least, which she is less and less. And when that doesn't work what else is left: the loving wife and mother? Is Spain going to pay her for that alone?

But I must say that although I am not too fond of her look nowadays I wouldn't bother, if only her presentation would change. Maxima's look doesn't overwhelm me either but I like how she presents herself.

So the Princess Letizia has had to learn to organize her cupboard, with some advice of friends or relatives, but without great helps.
Sorry, but I don't believe that for a minute.
I am sure Letizia (and all the other CPs) has someone who advices her and shops for her (otherwise we would see her out there shopping much more often) and helps her with her wardrobe and who is paid for this job, call that person stylist or taylor of confidence or whatever you like.
In her first year Letizia worked a lot, almost on a day-to-day-basis, and she was always appropriately dressed on each occasion. And you are trying to convince us she had to organize her cupboard without great helps? When did she have the time for that? :)

Last edited:
How do you know she doesn't have a stylist? Do you see her out shopping alone for herself and the kids? I can't believe someone isn't pointing her in the direction of the latest and greatest stuff, esp for the kids.

Because the topic has commented on several times in press, even in people who devotes to the fashionable information. The people who follows the information of the Royal House know the people who works there, and there does not exist the " royal stylist ". The fashionable journalists, know the designers and know that the Princess dresses and of that designer is. She is advised normally by the own designer.

The press has caught the Princess in the workshop of Felipe Varela, that is the one who does almost quite her clothes. The designer Lorenzo Caprile, has commented in some occasion, which is the Princess wgo says what she wants, and he gives her proposed and between both they decide.

Probably for the clothes of the girls have some shop where she buys for them habitually, or that send catalogues where she chooses. Often if one has seen her in shops of infantile clothes, in the past Christmas there are photos.

Ricarda, since I am sorry to say to you that in Spain it is like that. There is no a person who charges for buying and for choosing that the Queen and the Princess are going to dress. That in other Royal Houses exists, but in Spain not. Or they move to the workshop or take it to Palace. But there is no a person who devotes herself exclusively to it. They have their confidence designers, who advise them ... but not a person paid for it.

In all the Royal Houses there are "lady in waiting" and in Spain not.

The Princess goes to the workshop of Felipe Varela or of Lorenzo Caprile, and she entrusts the suits. They do them to her and they are sent with the complements. Later in her house she has a maiden who will help her to organize everything.

Perhaps there doesn't exist someone who is called "royal stylist" but please don't tell us Letizia has to organize her cupboard without great helps.
It's not possible for someone in her position and "job" to do it all alone, she needs someone who tells her what is fashionable and what to wear when and what to find where and, most important, what she herself wore at what function, so to avoid embarrassing situations. Otherwise she would spend her days with nothing else but finding the appropriate oufit for every event and planning her meetings with every single designer.
And of course she has her own wishes and taste but people with stylists have so too. :)

Edit: Just saw your post. In that case it seems buying clothes from one or two designers only is the prize to pay for their advice.
But as a matter of fact Letizia is not only wearing Varela or Caprile. How does it go with the dresses of other designers?

Last edited:
Remember the concert where she tried to say something to Felipe but gave in because it was too noisy? She could´ve done nicer with the moving of her hand. I imagined in what mood you have to be in relation to f.i. your partner to handle this situation. To me it appears that she has in general some aggression against Felipe or maybe her personal situation. Felipe seems to has gone used to the fact that Leti is in a way, well, always a little in a bad mood or so. If I would´ve been Felipe I would´ve asked her what has run over her liver or how you say that ("über die Leber gelaufen..") Just my opinion. I mean, a woman who looks the way Leti does in the last couple of months (to be honest since shortly after her engagement...) IMO can´t be happy or even satisfied. I don´t know but that is how she appears to me. I remember the very first photo they published of her and there she looked so wonderful with full red lips, healthy full face, nice hairdo and already on the engagement day she IMO looked different....

And what's worse: she still doesn't convince me in her role as crownprincess.
IMO after 3 years Letizia doesn't have a profile of her own and in that respect she seems far behind all the other CPs. Every now and then things are announced with a big fanfare and then nothing much happens. Of course she had a lot of difficulties, especially in the last year, but things weren't always easy for others as well, still they managed to sharpen their profiles.
How true but that's the old discussion: Spain is Spain and Zarzuela wants it that way, obviously not up to Letizia to change but I honestly doubt that this situation is what she thought of when she married Felipe.

Letizia is reduced to being merely an assisting decoration "piece" and therefore she should be decorative at least, which she is less and less. And when that doesn't work what else is left: the loving wife and mother? Is Spain going to pay her for that alone?

I couldn't have said it better. In the beginning, she looked stunning so people forgot a bit about her role as Felipes accessoire. But now? Letizia looks exhausted from only looking after two children and I wonder what will come when she is back on duty - not exactly a part time job but what she is supposed to do. Nowadays she gives the impression that she would be much happier if Felipe was an ordinary civil cervant who served a nine to five job and both had plenty of time to spend in family - what a 180 degree change to her attitude when marrying Felipe and couldn't be further away from reality, unfortunately.

Ricarda, please, reads well. Most of the clothes that the Princess dresses in her acts are of Felipe Varela. They meet at the beginning of each season and the Princess chooses suits. The designer does and he sents them.

The suits of Princess Letizia are very classic suits, except for special events that have specific dresses, do not have much difficulty to choose a suit or another every day. In addition, she repeats them habitually. In the hours that an act can suppose preparing, choose a suit can be 5 minutes.

Surely Letizia follows the same technique of the Queen, each dress have its corresponding cover, indicating the model and the occasions in which it has dressed.

Most of the clothes that the Princess dresses in her acts are of Felipe Varela. They meet at the beginning of each season and the Princess chooses suits. The designer does and he sents them.

Letizia should try other spanish designers as well, why monopolising Varela? Because she trusts him? I'd be gutted if I was in the position of all other spanish designers who should at least be given a chance. It's not only about Letizia's personal preferences but also about advertising for the country.

And I will never get why she gave in without any resistance and stopped wearing foreign designers just because the media did not like her Armani suit? That's ridiculous. Look at other CP's (Maxima married in a Valentino dress !!!) or even at the same family, Queen Sofia or Elena, a great dresser, most of the time in foreign designs.

Surely Letizia follows the same technique of the Queen, each dress have its corresponding cover, indicating the model and the occasions in which it has dressed.

Nothing wrong with repeating but sometimes I thought she has lost track of when she wore what and when, probably the result of managing her wardrobe on her own, because she repeated some dresses within five days or so, very weird.

In the future when juggling job and daughters and marriage she will even have less time to take care of appearance issues, maybe time to find a creative solution if staff is reduced at Zarzuela - what about hiring a nanny with a diploma in design who used to job as a hairdresser ;)

Exact, Spain is Spain.

The Princess Letizia is a secondary actress in this movie, but it is that she does not have to be the protagonist.

It seems to me to be ridiculous and absurd, to say that a Princess does not work because instead of coming to acts in solitarily, she comes to acts with her husband. On the contrary she comes to many more acts that other Princesses who do acts in solitarily. She takes part actively in the meetings and the visits ... but she is not the only protagonist. The Royal House decided that the Princes should begin for be announcing together and that with the time the Princess should realize acts in solitarily. It is a different way of doing the things, but does not take the obligation to do it as the rest of Royal Houses. The program that they had foreseen for the Princess altered for a bad pregnancy and for the tragic death of a sister. Now, the things will return to the normality and the Princess will continue accompanying the Prince and will be increasing of progressive form her acts in solitarily.

I do not believe that the Princess feels more realized for realizing acts in solitarily ... I believe that for her interests enjoys accompanying the Prince on acts on that difficultly she might come in solitarily.

I think Letizia (and Sofia) are greatly respected in Spain for their simplicity and frugality. When necessary, at international occasions she knows how to dress beautifully, like at the wedding of Fred & Mary

Duke, the Queen Sofia has dressed the same green suit two times in the same week. :lol: She also has her designer who does to her great part of her wardrobe. Not if it is a custom in Zarzuela, they do it for comfort, for safety, for confidence... And on the international designers, I believe that in the official activity she has forgotten them, for her good ... because already we know that what suits for the rest of the women of the family, does not serve for her.

Already you know the Princes is criticize even for sneezing ... it is the great business, her photo in swimsuit has done that someone earns 300.000 Euros.

On another topic. In Spain the debate exists for a lot of time of if the Prince should have an own office different from that of his father. For the present time the Princes have a very limited team, which finally depends always on the House of the King. Other one of the problems, is that the persons who occupy many of the charges are military and men. The Princes have little freedom of action.

Ricarda, since I am sorry to say to you that in Spain it is like that. There is no a person who charges for buying and for choosing that the Queen and the Princess are going to dress. That in other Royal Houses exists, but in Spain not. Or they move to the workshop or take it to Palace. But there is no a person who devotes herself exclusively to it. They have their confidence designers, who advise them ... but not a person paid for it.

In all the Royal Houses there are "lady in waiting" and in Spain not.

The Princess goes to the workshop of Felipe Varela or of Lorenzo Caprile, and she entrusts the suits. They do them to her and they are sent with the complements. Later in her house she has a maiden who will help her to organize everything.
Do you know the backround of this "maiden"? It obious that she has someone who helps her iron, washand dry clean her clothes, and thus helps her oragnaize her wardrobe/closet, or are we going to belive that LEtizia stands and irons her Shiny satin suits every night? Maybe the maid has some sort of backround in fashion? How can we know unless we know who she/he is?

a Lady in waiting has nothing to do with fashion, it is more like a secretary or and adivosor for the official activity, call it whatever you want but Im sure Felipe and LEtizia have secretaries and adivosors, so they are no different than the other royals, they just give them another name. there are many other royal women who do not hava "lady in waiting" but they do have some sort of other staff of course who fills this role

Last edited:
Duke, the Queen Sofia has dressed the same green suit two times in the same week. :lol:
I recall that :rolleyes: still weird keeping in mind the variety in her wardrobe.

Already you know the Princes is criticize even for sneezing ... it is the great business, her photo in swimsuit has done that someone earns 300.000 Euros.
What a sick world we live in. Who wants to see Letizia in a swimsuit? I certainly don't. But it will be not only a great story but also a great follow up story because it will start the new discussion Is she too skinny or isn't she?
:bangin: Same thing with going after a pic where they kiss. What's so special about that? People already know they do as they have two beautiful daughters. What an astonishing moment when it will finally be proven on picture. The lucky paparazzo will be able to stop working for at least a year :blink:
On another topic. In Spain the debate exists for a lot of time of if the Prince should have an own office different from that of his father. For the present time the Princes have a very limited team, which finally depends always on the House of the King. Other one of the problems, is that the persons who occupy many of the charges are military and men. The Princes have little freedom of action.

That's an interesting discussion lula. I may critizise that they have little freedom of action but I am not sure if an own office or spokesperson is the solution. In the UK you can see that such a separation can bring along problems - Prince Charles has his own office and media people and it does happen that Clarence House reacts in a way or gives comments that might not represent the opinon of HM The Queen. In the consequence situations can occur where "the monarchy" is not shown as a unity, not being represented by one voice. It might be easier to get away with little disharmonies in Britain but in Spain in could be fatal. Prince Charles' case is a little more difficult as Felipes', given his age, they are both CPs but almost 20 years apart. At some point of his life Felipe might get tired of waiting for years and years, wanting his own staff etc. and confront his father and the old system, as Charles finally did. But I doubt this will ever happen as the Spanish monarchy is far from being as established as the British monarchy.

I have said that the Princess buys her clothes and chooses what dresses ... not that she washes and irons her clothes :bang: ... this it is not the work of a stylist either. Normally the maidens, will devote themselves to wash, to iron, to order, and these things ... I do not believe that maidens have specialists in fashion. The Queen also has her maidens and the Prince and the King his butlers.

I know perfectly that a "lady in waiting" is not a specialist in fashion, but she is normally a woman of the aristocracy that if she can advise and to help. I do not believe that a military man since he is the secretary of the Queen, or the assistants of the Princes, be neither very good fashionable counselors, nor that could help very much in feminine questions. :lol:

There are known very little the persons who are employed at the Zarzuela, there are known the high charges of the House of the King. And the press that goes many years in Zarzuela, it knows the persons who occupy the most important charges in the service of the house, but the people in general neither identifies them nor knows those who are.

Duke, is an interesting debate.

In Spain there exists the Chief of the House of the King, and on him they depend the Secretariat of the Queen and that of the Prince. This way there is kept a line of action, which prevents there from being differences between some and others and the problems on that you comment.

But on the other hand, they are two different generations, with different occupations and different ways of seeing the things ... and often the things do not work equally for some and for others.

In the Spanish Royal Household, they like the calm changes. The Prince has a secretary for year, a serious and very discreet man, and some persons more. Before the summer, a new military man, who before was employed at another department of the House of the King has passed to form a part of his team. Little by little this team is increasing.

The women members of the SRF do not have a stylist (i.e. Rachel Zoe for the celebs or Anja for Mary) who plans and picks what they're going to wear to what event. Each of them work closely with the designer. Letizia meets with Varela at the beginning of each season for her wardrobe for that particular season, and she meets with Caprile for her gala dresses. Of course they do get household help with ironing, washing, so on so forth. I think the difference from then and now is that before Letizia used to wear a variety of other designers like Miriam Ocariz, Miguel Palacios, Armani, Adolfo Dominguez to name a few that's why we see different designs, and now she only works with Felipe Varela. It could be that they've become the best of friends (just like other famous people with their designer or hairdresser, i.e. Rosario Nadal/Valentino or Jessica Simpson/Ken Paves) that she's loyal to him. Also, it could be that the King gives her a tight shopping budget that she has to stick to (maybe Varela is cheap or he gives her a discount?), therefore we see her repeat her clothes. Everything she does, says, decides or not is controlled by Zarzuela, so I don't really know. For me what's important is she goes to an event dressed appropriately, though I'm still wishful thinking that she would also branch out to other designers.

In general, she goes to all the official events well dressed enough. I like how she dresses.

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom