Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest nothing bothers me about any crown princely couple, or about anyone in life... I like the space I was given when I got married and I am willing to give these couples their space;) .

I don't like the chin-up-look of CP Mary of Denmark, but I love her expressions when she is not posing for cameras (I can't forget Lilleprinse playing with mum at his christening:) )... I don't like the expression on CP Mette-Marit of Norway when she is stressed but I love the way she looks when she is amused... I don't like when CP Letizia is uncomfortable but I love when she is looking adoringly to her husband... I don't like CP Maxima mouth-wide-open-so-I-can-see-her-throat but I simply adore her smilling eyes (when I check Royalportraits Netherlands the first thing I notice is the background chosen and the way her eyes glow in it makes me look for that picture)...

I don't think these women as a litle-less-than-saints and I could never think of them as witches...

I understand I am starting to know them and they all are learning to know us:p . So far, they are doing a great job in their own countries (and here I consider Mary's country Denmark and Maxima's the Netherlands) and abroad... and they are doing it in high heels ;)

So, whenever I think of one thing I don't like several things I love jump over...:D

But I do feel that these discussions are great if people don't start using it as "payback" for something that is been said about their Crown Princely Couple :(!

Enjoy :) !

mtbcm

I totally agree with you, mtbcm. I've been reading the 'what bothers you about Fred and Mary thread' several times too and I just couldn't put my finger on it. Something bothers me about this threads, to be honest. You express exactly what my not so coherent thoughts about threads like these are. I just haven't been able to find the exact words to express myself on this matter. I don't understand why people are bothered by others they don't know. All CP couples have things I like about them and things I don't like, and I'm quite sure that all these things that cross my mind are merely based on my own prejudices.

I'm not bothered by Felipe & Letizia, nor by Fred & Mary.
I apparently live a very simple life and to be quite honest: I'm glad about it... ;)

Margrethe II said:
Indeed Ariel :)

It would be most likely if not the case, that the Prince of Asturias does have someone who drafts his speeches for him. This of course isn't to say that he doesn't have a substantial input with what is written, I am sure he does and rightly so.

"MII"

Right; that i want to said is more talking the speech by itself the Prince has to prepare it, not necessary by writing totaly but by working the meaning sense. For instance the excellent speech for the terrorism's victims, I 'm quiet sure that this sort of discurs need a lot of preparation, it's not one's for graden's of flower inauguration.

Maxie said:
All CP couples have things I like about them and things I don't like, and I'm quite sure that all these things that cross my mind are merely based on my own prejudices.

I'm not bothered by Felipe & Letizia, nor by Fred & Mary.
I apparently live a very simple life and to be quite honest: I'm glad about it... ;)

I totally agree with you Maxie, and with mtbcm as well.
I think too often people use threads like this to take pot shots, directly or indirectly, at other royals, whether through making comparisons or other means.
Some people argue that if fans can gush over royals, why can't we criticize them? Criticism is fine to an extent. But when it becomes an obsession, it takes on a more personal aspect.
I always wonder how people who so obviously dislike someone, even hate them, can spend so much time discussing the reason why they feel that way.
Im not a fan of every single royal out there, im unimpressed by others, but I dont go around dissing them at every opportunity, that would be a complete waste of my time. Not to mention the fact that I know nothing about them except for what the media tells me. They're all human beings like us, they have families and friends like the rest of us and they try to live their lives as best as they can.
To me, a person who is constructive and looks for the good in others is better and above someone who devotes their time to complaining and being negative (I only feel sorry for those who fit the second category). And I believe that is a reflection of human nature in general, to want to focus on what's positive and good and be turned off by negativity.
So yes, like you Maxie, im glad i dont live a life which makes me want to reflect my own issues on others :)

back to Felipe and Letizia, I didnt pay attention to them at the beginning. But I began noticing them more after their wedding. They appeared so warm and friendly and I really appreciated them showing up at Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor's wedding reception so soon after their own wedding. I wish them nothing but the best, even more so since the birth of their beautiful daughter.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I totally agree with you Maxie, and with mtbcm as well.
I think too often people use threads like this to take pot shots, directly or indirectly, at other royals, whether through making comparisons or other means.

That's so true, i think the whole idea of "what bothers you" threads is just for people to come together and take cheap shots at the people in question. Of course there wil be criticism, but like it was stated before, to an extent. I say do away with this sort of thread. No offence meant by my post, just my opinon. Or maybe, we can start a thread "What bothers you about What Bothers You threads" lol, no, lets not. :)

They arent a couple I follow really , they dont really intrested me enough , however pictures I have seen of them , they look very happy together.

Australian said:
That's so true, i think the whole idea of "what bothers you" threads is just for people to come together and take cheap shots at the people in question.

well I'll be honest, I have made comparisons on one or two occasions, in a completely casual way, not from an intention of making anyone look bad. But I regret doing that now.
I think it is inevitable that if you make comparisons, you end up making one side look worse than the other, even if it is unintentional.
To quote the ever wise Homer Simpson, sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad.:D

What bothers me about L&F? Absolutely nothing! They aren't perfect, of course (and who is?:)They are just human beings like me and you:)) but they do a wonderful job together for Spain and all Spaniards. The word "together" is vital here as they make not only a loving, friendly couple but also an united and cooperative team.
Ok, there is one thing which bothers me::)
They didn't allow us to see baby Leonor for over a month!!!:D:D:D

I think they are charming and hardworking so nothing bother me abot them, in fact I like them a lot

nothing bothers me about them either. although they are not my favourites, they seem professional people, interesting and inteligent, full of culture and who share many cultural interests as well, that is what makes them a really good team when it comes to attending events (most of the events they go to require a certain level of cultural awareness).

i don't think letizia's outfits show how conservative spain is. after all, spain is not really conservative actually. i think her outfits show the image of a working, professional woman, just as the ones she used when she was a journalist for tve. it was said many times how she wanted to be recongnised by her job and not by what she wears, and i think she is doing perfectly fine in that sense: although sometimes it's a little boring, it's serious, formal, protocolar and professional and that's what really matters for a nowadays princess.

I wasn't so sure about Letizia at first, but I have come to like her a lot. She seems accomplished, happy with her husband and baby and happy in her new role. I like the way she interacts with her in-laws. Nothing bothers me about either of them. Nothing at all.

I just love this couple, they are perfect, so proffesional, and also so in love, so there is nothing which can bother me about them.

I thought CP Letizia got way too thin between her engagement and becoming pregnant with Leonor but it was clear that she was under a lot of stress with the sudden changes in her life and she is back to looking like her stunning self like before her engagement. But what does bother me is not anything related to the couple. It is the SRF and why they don't allow Letizia to do public appearances alone. I think she's done 1 so far. What's the problem? That irritates me and I know she has no control over that but that bothers me. I understand that Spain is a conservative country, but really.

Finally, to compare Spain to some of the other smaller countries is not fair. Spain has interests in all of Latin America and hundreds of millions of Latinos follow the SRF. They have issues with terroism and other serious things that the royal family is always addressing in some way.

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
We should change the thread's name for: What do you like about Felipe and Letizia?:rolleyes: :D :D

I might sound like a broken record but...I second that too! :D

I'll be one of many but I love that couple!
I love them because they know they duty as Crown Prince and Princess of Spain, because they truly love each other. Maybe they don't show affection that often in public but when they think no one is watching, their eyes and gestures tell it all.
They are one of my favourite couples ever.

I love them because of their dedication to Spain. They are so hardworking it's unbelievable! Spain couldn't wish for better reprasentatives I'm sure!
Work aside, it is obvious they have a truly special love that will last forever, and I love seeing them with their beautiful little Princess! They are also beautiful, truly heart warming!;) A lot of people have described Letizia as cold, but to me she has never looked anything short of 1000% warm and sincere. I especially loved seeing her with the children she met on official duties and her and Felipes neices and newphews before they had a little blessing of their own. They are a truly special and remarkable couple who compliment each other perfectly and make a very nice team!

They work very hard for Spain and represent the country in the whole world as well as they can. So they don't forget their work but they also don't forget each other. I think that's why they are so special and this is one of the main reasons why they are my favourits. Further I agree with your points, no need to repeat it.

There's nothing I particulary dislike about Letizia or any other of the Crown Princesses.

I enjoy watching all the crown princesses but I do get tired of excessive judgments of character of any of them-either positive or negative-based soley on pictures and magazine articles.

I dislike this tendency in some people to go to extremes in either liking or disliking a royal. So, for example, if they like a crown princess, everything that princess does or wears or says is perfect and if they don't like the girl, everything she does or wears shows lack of class, etc.

All of these ladies are human, they aren't totally perfect or totally flawed. They're going to make some mistakes and they are going to do some things right. I have no problem pointing out mistakes in a princess I think does most things right and I have no problem praising a princess for doing something right even if I think she doesn't do things right too often.

I also find very distasteful the excessive comparison between princesses inevitably to show one princess has class or style while the other one doesn't. Its all over the top and doesn't make for an enjoyable discussion.

They are not perfect, of course,but I love this couple, my favorite.They are so in love and always work harder for Spain.

ysbel said:
There's nothing I particulary dislike about Letizia or any other of the Crown Princesses.

I enjoy watching all the crown princesses but I do get tired of excessive judgments of character of any of them-either positive or negative-based soley on pictures and magazine articles.

I dislike this tendency in some people to go to extremes in either liking or disliking a royal. So, for example, if they like a crown princess, everything that princess does or wears or says is perfect and if they don't like the girl, everything she does or wears shows lack of class, etc.

All of these ladies are human, they aren't totally perfect or totally flawed. They're going to make some mistakes and they are going to do some things right. I have no problem pointing out mistakes in a princess I think does most things right and I have no problem praising a princess for doing something right even if I think she doesn't do things right too often.

I also find very distasteful the excessive comparison between princesses inevitably to show one princess has class or style while the other one doesn't. Its all over the top and doesn't make for an enjoyable discussion.

I totally agree with you. All Crown Pirnceses are just human, they make mistakes and they are not perfect. I never idolized any Prince/Princess. But I certainly have favourites, I admit that.
And I never compare Princesses. It's just not fair, They all are personalities and differn in many ways. And we mostly judge them, based on tabloids.

The newest pics in the Current Events thread show she's getting too thin again. What does she eat? How often does she eat? If she has a problem keeping weight on during her busy schedule, she should be eating more. I can't stand that anorexic look she gets. Before she became pregnant it was just awful to look at how thin she'd gotten.

I have a friend that soon after she restart working (after a vacation period), she looses 1 or 2 kilos. I think that is pretty normal with many people. As for Letizia I think it is the same, it is just that she is a thin person and loosing few kilos are more evident. I dont think she is anorexic or anything like that, she is an strong woman and a perfectionist. So she is working hard for doing a good work.

Letizia seems to me like someone who would be quite sort of nervy, never able to sit still and always on the go. I can't imagine her sitting back in a cozy arm chair to read a book or something. Big life transitions always affect weight, my sister recently finished university and now she is teaching high school full time and working really hard planning lessons and correcting and has lost weight. I think pretty much all the Crown Princesses lost weight, probably because their new life and how busy it is.

Laviollette said:
The newest pics in the Current Events thread show she's getting too thin again. What does she eat? How often does she eat? If she has a problem keeping weight on during her busy schedule, she should be eating more. I can't stand that anorexic look she gets. Before she became pregnant it was just awful to look at how thin she'd gotten.

i also think she is thin, but... what if she wants to stay like that? there's definetely no health problem there (the royal household confirmed it and many people talked about how much she ate all the times), so why wouldn't she? thin people, as myself, tend to have lots of problems to get fatter.

When the Principes makes a trip official, normally they go with a group of journalists who are sent to cover the news. In one of those trips, during the flight Princess Letizia, I approach a journalist and the two watching some pictures, the journalist said to her, " Mises you are very thin", and Letizia answer,"I Know but and I cannot do nothing ".
To the few days the journalist commented in a program of tevevision, that during that trip, which I believe that it was to Brazil,heve seen eat enough to Letizia is to say that she is not a woman who eats little.
His friens of television, in the special programs that Have become on Letizia, always they have said that eat like a normal woman. To if that it does not have anorexy.

Paty said:
When the Principes makes a trip official, normally they go with a group of journalists who are sent to cover the news. In one of those trips, during the flight Princess Letizia, I approach a journalist and the two watching some pictures, the journalist said to her, " Mises you are very thin", and Letizia answer,"I Know but and I cannot do nothing ".
To the few days the journalist commented in a program of tevevision, that during that trip, which I believe that it was to Brazil,heve seen eat enough to Letizia is to say that she is not a woman who eats little.
His friens of television, in the special programs that Have become on Letizia, always they have said that eat like a normal woman. To if that it does not have anorexy.
Moreover, her own husbend has said that she eats not like a normal woman but like a horse!:D

I don´t think she have anorexia or any problem of health, i think that she eat like a normal woman and she dont gets fat

yeah she is just lucky because of her high metabolism.

my initial beef with Letiziawas that she is divorced. that would be fine if she were still a news anchor but royalty needs to be different than the common people or there is no point in having it.

i wasnt happy with MM when she first entered the royal family because of her background but she has since won me over with her sweet and loving personality.

i dont think Letizia is sweet and loving. she strikes me as cold(not to say she is mean or hateful, just cold). there is also nothing about her to interest me. her clothes are boring and they are always the same. she never does public duties on her own. she has never said anything interesting that i can recall (except "let me finish" but that didnt win her any fans) i like all of you adore royalty but when i see her on the cover of pont de vue i just dont even feel like picking up the magazine.

so yeah, to the extent that I can dislike someone so boring, these are the reasons I dislike her.

pollyemma said:
yeah she is just lucky because of her high metabolism.

my initial beef with Letiziawas that she is divorced. that would be fine if she were still a news anchor but royalty needs to be different than the common people or there is no point in having it.

i wasnt happy with MM when she first entered the royal family because of her background but she has since won me over with her sweet and loving personality.

i dont think Letizia is sweet and loving. she strikes me as cold(not to say she is mean or hateful, just cold). there is also nothing about her to interest me. her clothes are boring and they are always the same. she never does public duties on her own. she has never said anything interesting that i can recall (except "let me finish" but that didnt win her any fans) i like all of you adore royalty but when i see her on the cover of pont de vue i just dont even feel like picking up the magazine.

so yeah, to the extent that I can dislike someone so boring, these are the reasons I dislike her.

I agree completly with this post. IMO she seems to regard her royal work as just work and has a cold business-like approach to it. She doesn't strike me as warm and caring towards the people she meet. But maybe it's just not her personality to be warm towards strangers, maybe she is just the wrong person at the wrong job because she has to do it for the man she loves. Because I do see love between her and Felipe and between her and Leonor (of course).

Regarding Felipe, I have to say that I don't like him very much. My impression of him is that he is quite spoiled (by his mother) and that he has always gotten everything he wanted. He strikes me as very "un-approachable" if you understand what I mean.

Cissan said:
I agree completly with this post. IMO she seems to regard her royal work as just work and has a cold business-like approach to it. She doesn't strike me as warm and caring towards the people she meet. But maybe it's just not her personality to be warm towards strangers, maybe she is just the wrong person at the wrong job because she has to do it for the man she loves. Because I do see love between her and Felipe and between her and Leonor (of course).
Where have you seen her to be uncaring towards the people she meets? Have you personally met her or are there any pictures of her with people that I miss that shows her not warm towards strangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom