Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan said:
Nothing wrong with that, although I don't remember Felipe fighting for the protection of the planet.

If you are talking about that time when the Spanish public television showed him in a ten-chapter documentary series about animals, that was ten years ago. Nevertheless, I appreciate the fact he isn't a hunter.

Right for the hunting and as you know he isn't corridas' aficionado no more (ouffa!) that against a family inheritance (his grand mother the Countess of Barcelone and his father himself
About the planet, what was the subject of his act of the last monday for the Geographic Society? (Sorry I didn't kept the name in my memory but it's very easy to check)

The enviromental aspects of the world is the subject which is the most often emphazise when you read a Prince Felipe de Borbon's curriculum. Even his detractors are agree for that.

My dear Duncan, in two words with obviously some begining of proofs - I'm not too rude- which are the worst fault of your Crown Prince?:flowers:

To be sincere, I didn't like Letiizia at first. I thought she was just an ordinary woman withs lots of ambition and no charisma.
But now I have to recognize that she is trying to be a good Princess, she is working hard. And I think she is a good influence for Prince Felipe, he is less serious and more open to people when he attends to official acts since he is with her. I like the way Letizia looks at their daughter Leonor, she addores her little girls. She is a good, loving mother.
I won't forget the effort she made when , after her sister's funeral, she and Prince Felipe said a few words to the journalists that were waiting outside. I think that in Spain she won many people's hearts.

Felipe and Letizia

I feel the Prince Felipe and Letizia will definitely change Spain when their time comes. Letizia has brought the best out on Felipe. For 3-4yrs ago you didnt hear too much about Prince Felipe....now he is a changed man, he has a beautiful wife and a gorgeous daughter to lead Spain into the 21st Century.

I love them, I think they are the most romantic Crown Princes Couple, He so tall, she so slim and beautiful, I just can't stop to look at them, CONGRATS, Prices, you're the best.:wub: :flowers:

Dear adelaide, I don’t find your comment rude at all, only a little too demanding, because you ask me to back a subjective opinion with objective proof. Many members have stated Felipe is great because he is in love with a wonderful woman and they are very happy together: that is their feeling, I respect it and I don’t think it's fair to ask them for proof.

I am mainly concerned about Felipe as a future head of state. In fact, I feel kind of disappointed every time I see him acting in a spontaneous way. I don't feel the angry man that argues with the organization guy at a public funeral is behaving like a true leader. Neither his spontaneous statements, like “If I wrote down everything I see I would be on par with García Márquez” or “lo siento por el mojón”, seem appropriate for a grown-up who is supposed to represent millions of people. I wish one day he would make me change my mind, though. I know members won't be upset and won't take it against me.

As for my previous comment, I was trying to say that the statement "his main concern is fighting for the planet" was a little exaggerated, especially if it's mainly based on the fact he delivered some prices at the Geographical Society. It’s true that when he was younger the Royal House advisers wanted to give him an ecologist veneer, but later they may have thought this approach could backfire, as it sometimes happened with Prince Charles. Therefore, the new managers of Royal House chose instead to give him more of a business orientation, and that's the Felipe we see today.

I did see Felipe talked with one of the guys who apparently organized the funeral at the entrance, it looked like he was telling the guy to do something. Neither one looked angry IMO, what was there to be angry about ?
I see ecology as one of Felipe's personal interests, but so far he hadn't done much to be called a fighter for the planet. He has been more involved at the main stream interests of Spain, such as international relation, business internally or abroad, promoting Spanish culture and language, to prepare himself to step in his father's position one day, who (the King) has been a great asset for Spain in pursuit of good international relations, business interests with other countries.

donnaK said:
I did see Felipe talked with one of the guys who apparently organized the funeral at the entrance, it looked like he was telling the guy to do something. Neither one looked angry IMO

That's what I thought when I saw the video too.

Duncan said:
Dear adelaide, I don’t find your comment rude at all, only a little too demanding, because you ask me to back a subjective opinion with objective proof. Many members have stated Felipe is great because he is in love with a wonderful woman and they are very happy together: that is their feeling, I respect it and I don’t think it's fair to ask them for proof.

I am mainly concerned about Felipe as a future head of state. In fact, I feel kind of disappointed every time I see him acting in a spontaneous way. I don't feel the angry man that argues with the organization guy at a public funeral is behaving like a true leader. Neither his spontaneous statements, like “If I wrote down everything I see I would be on par with García Márquez” or “lo siento por el mojón”, seem appropriate for a grown-up who is supposed to represent millions of people. I wish one day he would make me change my mind, though. I know members won't be upset and won't take it against me.

As for my previous comment, I was trying to say that the statement "his main concern is fighting for the planet" was a little exaggerated, especially if it's mainly based on the fact he delivered some prices at the Geographical Society. It’s true that when he was younger the Royal House advisers wanted to give him an ecologist veneer, but later they may have thought this approach could backfire, as it sometimes happened with Prince Charles. Therefore, the new managers of Royal House chose instead to give him more of a business orientation, and that's the Felipe we see today.

I fear that you don't understand my purpose.

Yes, as you the couple of the Princes of Asturias as a love story is a great thing but not the main thing if you considere the balance of his duties.

But there, I'm going on to don't realize your thaught it's an objective discussion: What are the trubbles, the problemes, the difficulties, all the words that you want to describe the the negative opinion that you have of Felipe.

If I' m trying to summarize you: he is a total construction of the Royal House, i.e. whithout any personnal thaughts, he is totally unable to have spontaneous reactions : WHY, WHERE, WHEN ( apologize for the locks ), at each time you see him at the TV doing a speech that he read it( I'm not agree, I saw him too and I know the difficulties for every body to speak in front a public, even for the great " tenors" of the politic )

What else? Remember fist of all he can't have any politic opinion, it's your constitution. Then, it seems to me that he was reating that again and again his priority: To listen and to observe.

What do you want more? A " coup d'Etat" against his father according an old spanish tradition of instability?

Just a detail it seems to me that the Princes of Asturias has said to the journalist " lo siento por el remojon" and no " lo siento por el mojon" that is not the same thing. May be you can translate this two sentences for our friends of TFR....:flowers:

Last edited:
Since apparently I'll never make myself understood, I'll follow the advice of a wise philosopher:

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Both of you should continue posting. Different opinions makes this board a more fun place to be :).

I don't like the isolation they have from other Royal Houses since their wedding, Felipe wasn't like that before, he was always on the royal gatherings and had a great frienship with Victoria, Hakoon, etc. There has being 3 or 4 occasions in where the pic of the new royals have being taked and no Felipe and Letizia, how many times we have being talking and expecting for royal gatherings w/o them?.
They aren't godparents of any royal kid probably for the same reason, the lack of friendship between them and the new royal couples, I remember just to mention a little ex. when Hakoon and MM came to Palma (i believe it was Palma) the hosts were Cristina and Iñaki, you could see pics of them and the kids but I will expect Felipe and Letizia to be the hosts not only because Hakoon and Felipe used to be great friends but because of the "rank", princes to princes, a good moment for L and MM to know each other best and you cannot understand because the whole royal family was there, is always Cris and Iñaki, Iñaki and Cris, fighting every fire.

I wondering if we the spanish citizens will have to pay to see Leonor, I don't understand, you could place here pictures of the three kids of King JC and Queen Sofia from every step of their lifes till now, that's in great part why we love them; we know those persons since early childhood; there's plenty of pictures of Felipe, Cristi and Elena on every magazine and they didn't grow up traumatized or anything like that; you can see very very often the Infanta's kids, there are some beautiful pictures from today in the snow, same to Mary's Christian, Maxima's girls and MM kid's, Monaco's kids, even Mathilde's etc, I personally know better foreing royal houses heirss than my own, we haven't see Leonor "live" since Palma, almost 7 months by now, except for a couple of pics on her birthday an a Christmas card, but you never ever get to see Leonor taking walks with her mom or her nanny, no snow, no nothing, forget if i do like Letizia or not, if a person wants her kids not to be on the public eye the best thing that person could do is never ever marry a royal and neverless a Prince because the people want to see them, that child will be a Prince or Princess and after that a King or Queen and the people needs to know that person in order to simpatize and knows how it is in every aspect, Im not saying you have to raise your childs in a show window but you don't keep a heiress away from the public eye for 7 months, if you are a couple of royals you cannot act like second class actors who ask for privacy for her kids, the actors have that right, the royals don't, the actor's kids have their face covered in spanish magazines, the royals don't and that has a reason.

And of course, Letizia needs a patronage, she's a smart woman who does nothing by herself, is time enough and you don't want to compare but it is inevitable, the rest of princess got marry almost at the same time, all have plenty of patronages and activities w/o the hubbies, except for Letizia.

Last edited:
I heard Felipe was sent to many royal gatherings before since his parents wished him finding himself a royal bride or a bride from upper echelon aristocratics, the same have been said about Nikolaos of Greece :). So far I only see Felipe and Letizia missing one event, the Swedish King's birthday, but the Kings were there. About Harald's birthday, it's impossible for them to go since Letizia had a difficult pregnancy and her sister just died. All the talks about them missing the royals events are quite exaggerated.
Felipe is a goodfriend of Victoria and Haakon. He is the godfather of Ingrid and Victoria hasn't married yet. Felipe has his close circle of friends he usually hangs out with before or after his marriage. None of these big names royals are among them. They are mainly good friends, good colleagues, but never very very close friends. Just look at his long list of witnesses at the wedding, none of these CPs made the list, and it has nothing to do with Letizia :).
Most of the childhood pictures of Felipe, Elena or Cristina were a little bit older. I already said it in another thread that we will definitely see more Leonor when she starts school.

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
when Hakoon and MM came to Palma (i believe it was Palma) the hosts were Cristina and Iñaki, you could see pics of them and the kids but I will expect Felipe and Letizia to be the hosts not only because Hakoon and Felipe used to be great friends but because of the "rank", princes to princes, a good moment for L and MM to know each other best and you cannot understand because the whole royal family was there, is always Cris and Iñaki, Iñaki and Cris, fighting every fire.

That's wrong. The hosts of Haakon and MM in Mallorca over the years had always been Kyril and Rosario Nadal. Haakon and MM stayed at the house of Kyril and Rosario. Inaki and kids were seen a couple of times playing with them at the bench, they were invited to sail with the SRF, but Inaki and Cristina were never the hosts. Haakon and MM might also meet with Felipe and Letizia in private, we just don't know. It's exaggerating to say Cris and Inaki fighting every fire because they didn't.

Last edited:
Duncan said:

Wow! Finally someone makes some sense!!! Wonderful insight. Thanks.

I just wanted to ask something: who's friends or at least a close acquaintance with Letizia in the Royal Circle? You see Jaime and Elena with the Hannovers, Rosario, MarieChantal; Cristina and Iñaki with Haakon, Kyril, Alexia, Alia of Jordan (whom's been great friends with them since the Palmas spent their honeymoon in Jordan, courtesy of King Hussein)
Maxima is good friends with Mathilde, Mary has a good relationship with Victoria and MM (so time is not an excuse, since L & M have been CPss for the same time) and I'm not talking about something "once-in-a-blue-moon" like it happens with the Bulgarian and Greek royals but Letizia actually interacting with other reigning royals in a not-social event thing (not that she goes to a lot of those)

That's my question, why are the Asturias so insolated from the rest of Royal Houses lately? (and I mean before Erika's death):ermm:

I just find it a little strange since both Felipe and Letizia are such outgoing people

Last edited:
I also wonder why. At the end of the day it's the "gray men and the King" in Zarzuela who decide.

crisiñaki said:
I just wanted to ask something: who's friends or at least a close acquaintance with Letizia in the Royal Circle? You see Jaime and Elena with the Hannovers, Rosario, MarieChantal; Cristina and Iñaki with Haakon, Kyril, Alexia, Alia of Jordan (whom's been great friends with them since the Palmas spent their honeymoon in Jordan, courtesy of King Hussein)
Maxima is good friends with Mathilde, Mary has a good relationship with Victoria and MM (so time is not an excuse, since L & M have been CPss for the same time) and I'm not talking about something "once-in-a-blue-moon" like it happens with the Bulgarian and Greek royals but Letizia actually interacting with other reigning royals in a not-social event thing (not that she goes to a lot of those)

Prince Konstantin and his wife Maria Garcia de La Rasilla are among the best friends of the Princes. Felipe and Letizia also hang out with Kardam, Kubrat and their wifes. Family connections and geographical distances are also important factors in developing the friendship. Maxima used to work in Brussels when she was still a girlfriend of WA, Belgium and Netherlands are neighbors, so she and Mathilde become goodfriends. Mary has more connections with Victoria and MM since the Scandinavian monarchies are considered a big family.

crisiñaki said:
That's my question, why are the Asturias so insolated from the rest of Royal Houses lately? (and I mean before Erika's death):ermm:

I just find it a little strange since both Felipe and Letizia are such outgoing people

They were at the Luxembourg celebration last year. Like I said before, so far the only event they missed in my opinion was the Swedish King's birthday. I don't know why, perhaps because the Kings were there. The baptisms, I don't see why they should attend if neither one was a godparent. Of course, if some royals wanted to go to every celebration, it's perfectly fine too. Felipe and Letizia were the guests of the Jordanian royal family during the Easter Holiday 2006 and attended the pre-wedding celebration of Hashem. They missed the wedding because they needed to return home for the Sunday mass in Mallorca, obviously good friendships between two royal families.
We also don't konw what is behind the scene, if they keep in touch with other royals through the telephones or emails.

donnaK said:
Like I said before, so far the only event they missed in my opinion was the Swedish King's birthday. I don't know why, perhaps because the Kings were there. The baptisms, I don't see why they should attend if neither one was a godparent.
Well he was the godfather of Ingrid Alexandra which they did not attend and he had no official work that day. Before Letizia he was at most events, even something as "unimportant" as Victorias 25th birthday, and his agenda in 2002 and 2003 was quite the same as it is now. Also they were not at Charles and Camillas wedding, even after it was moved, I know there was this professor and what not but there are always excuses if one wants them, we will see what excuses there are this summer when Victoria turns 30 and Sonja has her birthday. And I dont think he has met Haakon in private in Palama because both times he was there Felipe and Letizia was not.

But clearly there atleast used to be a close relationship, because Haakon even came to Beltran and Lauras wedding as one of the very few forreign royals, so he must know them quite well.

It's a quiet amuzing debate that we are doing about who is the friend of whom because the appareances.

During the last summer we had some pics of the Princes of Asturias, Dukes of Lugo, Dukes of Palma and Princes of Preslav at the issue of a restaurant very fiendly.
but in fact who is actually the friend of whom, the Dukes of Lugo with the Princes of Preslaw? the Dukes of Palma with the Prince of Preslaw and so on the question stay open?

But to be clear this question is not innocent ones. As the item is asking is to put in evidence that the Princess of Asturias is so : no liked by the Felipe's peers or Letizia don't appreciate the others couples of Crown Princes?

Very, very hard alternative if you consider that never before his wedding Felipe of Asturias was well known for his deep frendship with his colleagues.

Yes, off course he know very well all, quite his cousins... Yes we can think that he was much closer with Haakhon of Norway before of the wedding of this one and before his rupture with E. S.Try to explain me why, may be because it's only speculations, theirs relation seem to be less close........

An other detail, but not the least, in this attempt to imagine a isolating role of Letizia in the circle of the European Crown Princess. Before his wedding the Prince of Asturias had about more or less 90th official acts by year; since his wedding his agenda is jumping at 230/250 official events by year, we can admit that the place for Gotha Festivity can to be restricted. Plus, exactly as his colleagues, the Prince of Asturias by wedding has create a familly, I imagine that you know what does mean: who in this forum can say that the friendship keep exactly the same habits before and after a wedding?

We can continue the samples a while. I think it's better to say that "IMO I think that Letizia has isolated the Prince of Asturias from the other Crown Princes" but in this case to be honest you have to argument your theory by othesr topics than your " intuition", and to be clear you have to demonstrate that that all the other crownprinces are very linked outside the internal festivity, isen't it?

Last edited:
They are not the only royal couple who happens to work, take Maxima as an ex. the woman is going to have the baby in a plain and she and hubbie are in almost every royal gathering, the woman have being in the three corners of the world being pregnant, same for the other royals womans and couples who also happens to have a family and don't care less for them, some with even more kids to left behind or to take to the gatherings, by the way and of course the relashionships are never the same when you start a family because the lack of time and responsibilities that's why when you have a chance to disconnect, to relax, to stretch relashionships and get together you go and make an effort, take your kids w/ you if possible, take your best outfit, put your best face and meet with your pals or the people you know are important in your circle and you show them respect and that you also care for their weddings, their baptisms, their birthdays, their anniversaries, it can't be always about me me and me and mostly when you have all kind of luxuries availables like nannies to take care of the kids when in the night party, not to have to travel pregnant in a sardine tin like the rest of us, and things are taking care of ad infinitum; because for that rule of three every couple w/ family would of being isolated, will not travel if will imply a celebration etc. In Thailand you could see many Kings and their heirs, la creme de la creme was there and countless events w/o Felipe and Letizia who are royals, not politicians, who's natural environment so to speak are among royals, I mean, you can write and write excuses but the facts are there, we can fill out pages with pictures of Felipe in Royal gatherings pre wedding, they are royals after all... no? and they, as a couple, have being absent of almost all the royals baptisms, parties, birthdays, aniversaries, etc of the last three years so... I don't know if Letizia happens to like those gatherings or not, i'm not looking for "culpables/guilts" because it takes two to tango but it could be both, maybe she, or them both, dosn't like to be with their own natural coleages anymore or the SRH prefer to cover those events with the Kings, Elena and hubbie, Cristina and hubbie, etc, maybe their are winner assest or maybe is just casual but those are facts, is time for Felipe and Letizia to start to show some respect for the royals who also have their own problems and make the time to being at their wedding day and are part of their natural circle, I guess between royal houses they should say "send the invitation because of the protocol but don't put their cards at the dinner table".

BTW. The excuse that Felipe was at every gathering before get married to look for a girlfriend, somebody says something like that, please, we are all grown ups, there are better excuses, or the rest of the marry princes go to the gathering w/ their wifes because they are still looking?, please.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Well he was the godfather of Ingrid Alexandra which they did not attend and he had no official work that day.

I agree he should have been to Ingrid's baptism. Even if Letizia couldn't make it, he should have made a quick trip by himself like Maxima and Pavlos did as the godparents of Sverre. At that time they were under criticism after the trip to Bahama and the Miami airport incident. It's better he went by himself since the Spanish media had much softer spot for him. This was before the wedding, the reason I didn't bring it up was because crisinagi was talking about events lately.

Larzen said:
Before Letizia he was at most events, even something as "unimportant" as Victorias 25th birthday, and his agenda in 2002 and 2003 was quite the same as it is now.

Victoria's 25th birthday was in 2002. I'm pretty sure his agenda in 2002 was much lighter than today. His oversea trips were the same, but he certainly has double or triple his activities inside Spain now. I remember the media brought up his light agenda when criticising him for showing up in Galicia so late after the oil ship sank. I felt a bit unfair at that time since it was not his decision to make at when to visit Galicia. He had more engagements in 2003 than 2002.
Victoria's birthday might not be that 'unimportant' for Felipe since Victoria were introducing some of her girlfriends to him. Poor Felipe, at the end, Victoria's friends were complaining he was very boring. Don't know if he was indeed boring, or just became boring since he didn't have much interest at those girls :wacko:.

Larzen said:
Also they were not at Charles and Camillas wedding, even after it was moved, I know there was this professor and what not but there are always excuses if one wants them, we will see what excuses there are this summer when Victoria turns 30 and Sonja has her birthday.

I didn't count the wedding of Charles and Camilla because most of the royals were not there. They had poor excuse, WA and Maxima's was even poorer. The invitation lost in the mail, please ?!.
I don't think they will attend any celebration this summer. When a woman just has a baby and breastfeeding, the first 3 months, she probably doesn't like travelling around. The next event is Victoria's wedding !:lol:
Very few

Larzen said:
And I dont think he has met Haakon in private in Palama because both times he was there Felipe and Letizia was not.

The Easter Holiday 2006, Felipe and Letizia came back on Saturday (Letizia and Sofia went shopping together Saturday Evening), Haakon and MM left on Sunday. I don't know if the SRF had invited them for dinner or not Saturday night.

Larzen said:
But clearly there atleast used to be a close relationship, because Haakon even came to Beltran and Lauras wedding as one of the very few forreign royals, so he must know them quite well.

Felipe was closet to Haakon compared to other heirs, but Haakon had never been among the groups of closest friends Felipe travelled around the world when he was single or went skiing together. His cousin Nikolaos of Greece was among them and he was also one of the witnesses at the wedding of F&L and Haakon was not.

In other words, excuses, excuses, excuses. Please let's be real.

RaniaRocks said:
I don't know if Letizia happens to like those gatherings or not, i'm not looking for "culpables/guilts" because it takes two to tango but it could be both, maybe she, or them both, dosn't like to be with their own natural coleages anymore or the SRH prefer to cover those events with the Kings, Elena and hubbie, Cristina and hubbie, etc, maybe their are winner assest or maybe is just casual but those are facts, is time for Felipe and Letizia to start to show some respect for the royals who also have their own problems and make the time to being at their wedding day and are part of their natural circle, I guess between royal houses they should say "send the invitation because of the protocol but don't put their cards at the dinner table".

Since when Felipe and Letizia didn't show respects for other royals ? They were at the wedding of F&L, Felipe (and Letizia) also attended their weddings or their children's weddings too. Now if F&L had missed Victoria's wedding, I would definitely agree that they didn't show enough respect, but Victoria hasn't married yet. The Kings were ranked higher than the Princes, the SRF already sent out the highest representatives (the Kings) at the birthdays of Carl Gustaf and Harald, what was the disrespect towards the other royal houses ? And please don't talk like the Infantas have been to so many royal gatherings, so far the last 3 years, each infanta and their hubby had only been to one event, Elena to Luxemboug and Cristina to Norway. Perhaps that's the new strategy of the SRF now, have the Princes and the Infantas taking turns attending the royal gatherings, the same as the British royal house.
If some royals went to every single event, good for them, if Felipe and Letizia selectively attended some events, what's a big deal. Charles of GB, Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein were hardly at any of the events, it doesn't make them less royal than the others.

RaniaRocks said:
BTW. The excuse that Felipe was at every gathering before get married to look for a girlfriend, somebody says something like that, please, we are all grown ups, there are better excuses, or the rest of the marry princes go to the gathering w/ their wifes because they are still looking?, please.

I said one of the reasons. It was very obvious that Felipe was sent to the wedding of Alois and Sophie because of Tatiana of Liechtenstein. He had no interest at marrying Tatiana. It was quite awkward when the father of Sophie said that the next big event would be in Spain (meaning the wedding of Felipe and Tatiana). It also said that Victoria had introduced some of her friends to him at her 25th birthday party. Other reasons he was single, lighter agenda than now, and his sisters were married and quite busy with children and having children.
Your logical reasoning is quite laughable. Since when one person's reason to attend an event has to be others' as well ? Other princes could have their own reasons, nothing to do with Felipe's or Nikolaus'.

Larzen said:
Well he was the godfather of Ingrid Alexandra which they did not attend and he had no official work that day.

It is not correct:

Don Felipe and its fiance'e had supper in Segovia with the military of their promotion Segovia.

18-4-2004 09:56: 07

Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, and their fiance'e, Leticia Ortiz Rocasolano, last night participated in the palace of Segovia in a diner next to the military of the XLIV promotion of the General Academy Militar de Zaragoza, to whom the prince belongs.

ABC.es Hemeroteca: don felipe y su prometida cenaron en segovia con los militares de su promocion

It was an prewedding activity

For the prince the relation with its military companions is very important. For the King it was fundamental.

Baptism of Ingrid Alexandra: 17-4-2004.

Roxsteve said:
In other words, excuses, excuses, excuses. Please let's be real.

Exactly.
The facts are there but now let's rest importance to the issue and compare the SRH with the royal house of .... Tumbuktu?. :lol:
There a huge list of royal events (international ones of course) they haven't being to so, the facts speak for themself and I find sort of pointless to keep showing what is more than evident because the point would of being start talking about this from the same level when everybody agrees in the total lack of presence of those two and from that on provide motives or explanations or whatever people may think excuse them for not to be never on any royal event but to me is so evident because the facts are there that maybe that's why i don't understand why people will not see it and will excuse everything; even this week there was an article talking about this named something like "Why does Letizia dosn't have a nich among the other M princesses", the M being for the other princesses first names, some like that, I don't know if already posted and have no time to translate it right now, if not posted I'll do it later on.

BTW. Every royal in a moment or another have had two or even three gatherings for the same day, that's almost normal on their lives, but they managed to be on the most important for them, for their RH and even for the protocol, they even go to places or acts they don't like and the baptism of a new royal kid is irrepetible while a military gathering, for more important it could be, you can always manage to excuse yourself because the country is not at war and every year there's one military graduations they can go to anyways, not saying is not important but the are events irrepetibles among their equals, other royals had postponed in house activities in order to be with their acquaintances abroad on a certain important day. Why haven't we seen Leonor in the longest btw?.

Last edited:
The Spanish monarchy is restored, has customs different from those from other European monarchies, is more austere, they do not make celebrations and they participate little in those of the others. The princes follow the customs of the Kings of Spain, in Spain would not see themselves well that the princes took a walk by all the celebrations of the European royalty, in addition, some of those celebrations agreed with official activities that could not change of date. In Spain it is not problem, our princes do what they must, work for the country and they alternate themselves with the rest of the Royal Family to participate in the celebrations of the royalty, at the moment, have gone to the wedding of Denmark, another one in Jordan and the celebration of Luxemburo, sufficient. On the contrary one would criticize them by frivolous and wasteful.

It's bad for the magazines and the royal-watchers, what's the problem for the Spaniards? none.

Sorry for mi translation, I don't have a good translator and mi Inglish is poor.

Last edited:
You know all this matter is ridiculous, if they haven't gone for those royal events, is because of a very simple fact, IN Spain, the king and the prince couldn't be abroad at the same time, the govermente and people wouldn't like it, one of both have to be in the country, while the other one is overseas, and the king figure has more tracendence than the prince, so that is the reason why always princes don't go to this events, and no because they don't like to go, is stupid.

Last edited:
Where is that write down?, that's not true at all, one simple ex. the Kings along with Felipe and Miss Eva Sanum went together to the wedding of Hakoon and M Maritte and before that they went together to multiple royal events. Felipe was a Prince then and is a Prince now, her marriage hasn't change his status, any law, not the constitution, if any they don't travel on the same plane for security reasons but they can travel abroad together whenever they pleased to gathering, baptisms, weddings, vacations, whatever they want, is not and have never being a Presisent/VicePresident case.

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
Where is that write down?, that's not true at all, one simple ex. the Kings along with Felipe and Miss Eva Sanum went together to the wedding of Hakoon and M Maritte and before that they went together to multiple royal events. Felipe was a Prince then and is a Prince now, her marriage hasn't change his status, any law, not the constitution, if any they don't travel on the same plane for security reasons but they can travel abroad together whenever they pleased to gathering, baptisms, weddings, vacations, whatever they want, is not and have never being a Presisent/VicePresident case.

The king never went to Norway for H&MM, wedding that is a lie.

Queen Sofia went, not sure about the King but that dosn't change anything, is not prohibited for them to travel abroad at the same time to the same location, they just take precautions like not to travel on the same plane, every country has their own goverment and everything very well estipulated and in a matter of urgency they have their own planes to return in a flash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom