Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we are not saying that out of criticism but out of the need of a person to acknowledge a problem (if she does have a problem) instead of saying that being that thin is good which is not, if you say she looks good when she has an eating disorder it could became worse 'cuz the person's image is distorsioned...
if she doesn't have an eating disorder, fine, then she's as thin as she is (even if she's never been this thin EVER before), but what I think is strange is that they (the Royal House) is trying TOO hard to deny it...:ermm:

Because continue saying that she has some disease? The real house has denied any disease and it seems to me that do not have because to doubt that. Think that an ill person can support all the work that has Letizia? she can remain pregnant? she has forces to maintain to her daughter? because pay attention single to his body, and not in the happiness face that she has? She already has said it often that she is thus, because do not create it? because it is easier to say than she has something? I continue saying that a thing is to say, that she is skinny and very different other is that she is ill; and with that it is not possible to be played.:mad:

It makes me mad. I wouldn't, (and I know this goes for most other people), ever ever wish an eating disorder on ANYBODY even if I hated them! I'm sure many people on this forums have, like me been affected by something as serious as anorexia/bulimia. Yes, we can all see that Letizia is very thin, yes alot of people agree that she could pack on some pounds and look better.

It seems as if people are hoping that the more they go on about it, the more likely it is that the royal house will admit to it! :bang:
Letizia is a very lovely lady by all accounts, she is a very good Crown Princess, many people in Spain like her and she supports Felipe in a great way so I don't think we should judge her on how thin she is. I really truly hope that Letizia is in the best of health and if she has got a problem that she gets all the help that she needs to try and overcome it.

Sorry for my 'rant' and please don't take offence, it is entirely my opinion but I needed to do it! :flowers:

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
if (even if she's never been this thin EVER before),
Come on! You know she's been that thin ALL her life!... You only have to look at her days as a reporter, to see that she's been always that thin...

(TVE's captions provided in http://www.letiziaortiz.tk )

http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22931_LetiziaOrtiz605_409lo.jpg
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22883_LetiziaOrtiz580_536lo.jpg
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=letiziaortiz475ll3.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22936_LetiziaOrtiz608_465lo.jpg

what I think is strange is that they (the Royal House) is trying TOO hard to deny it...
The Royal House is not trying any hard to deny it... actually, the Royal House has only tried to deny any rumours ONCE, and it was when the yellow press started saying she was anoretic and so would be incapable of producing an heir... well, no need to say time proved them again to be wrong.

You may think Letizia is too skinny, unattactive or even ugly... you're entitled to it; after all, that's your taste and it's not worthy discussing tastes... but you can not imply with it that she is ill! Especially when facts have proven that she is not skinnier now than before and that she can not have an eating disorder, or she would be unable to get pregnant, give birth to a healthy baby and breatfeed it during 4 moths, as she did.

Please, be reasonable! When are we going to stop discussing the sex of angels?

Last edited:
I think the problem is that we want her and the other princesses to act dress and look the way we feel they should. The fact is they are humans and make their own decisions only letizia knows what she looks good weighing. I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.

Last edited:
seto said:
I think the problem is that we want her and the other princesses to act dress and look the way we feel they should. The fact is they are humans and make their own decisions only letizia knows what she looks good weighing. I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.

Lets try to imagine how it is to be on her shoes just for a second and people will probably agree that the last thing she can care about right now is her weight. Even if she would like to do something about it, it takes time and less stress to obtain results. Life is what it is, we cant expect someone to have the life of Letizia and do not have some consequences about it, stress takes its toll even when we are very capable. I just think this is a phase that she is going through. The weight can take even more time to be regained than expected after you get rid of good amount of stress, specially if you have a high metabolism, so better dont expect it to happen any time soon.

seto said:
I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.

Yes, and I would be happy to have this body type. Happy, happy, happy. She looks just great.

Do those of you that use the words "eating disorder" know what that looks like? It's not just about thinness. Diana actually looked like she had an eating disorder; she had dark circles around her eyes and she aged badly. She was only two or three years older than Letizia is now when she died, and she looked much older than that to me, especially considering what a fresh, pretty young woman she was.

The pictures prove that Letizia was always thin, and good for her.

I dont agree with this affirmation about Diana, she didnt look older than her age because of an eating disorder, she was never the thin-anorexic type. She suffered from more complicated psycholygical problems and many problems related to her family and life, but she looked pretty well on pictures most of the time.

Ariel said:
I dont agree with this affirmation about Diana, she didnt look older than her age because of an eating disorder, she was never the thin-anorexic type. She suffered from more complicated psycholygical problems and many problems related to her family and life, but she looked pretty well on pictures most of the time.

From what I've heard, Diana did not have anorexia, she had bulimia (the binging/vomiting disorder). I am not an expert on eating disorders, but I don't think bulimia sufferers have that extremely thin look. Of course, what you think of Diana's pictures is truly an opinion thing, and I respect your opinion, but to me she looked old and tired. I realize there are many possible (even obvious) reasons for that, but she was really young, usually in youth adversity doesn't show as much in your appearance. After 40, though, all bets are off.

But back to Letizia.

royaltywatcher said:
From what I've heard, Diana did not have anorexia, she had bulimia (the binging/vomiting disorder). I am not an expert on eating disorders, but I don't think bulimia sufferers have that extremely thin look. Of course, what you think of Diana's pictures is truly an opinion thing, and I respect your opinion, but to me she looked old and tired. I realize there are many possible (even obvious) reasons for that, but she was really young, usually in youth adversity doesn't show as much in your appearance. After 40, though, all bets are off.

But back to Letizia.

Diana suffered also from anorexia, in some way it is true that we may have different opinions about the looks of the people. Personally, i dont think Letizia is anorexic nor that she have any eating disorder. I just wanted to give you my view about Diana, she didnt reflect to me all the problems that she was having, except for one interview that i remember and it was totally a mood impression.

In relation to the age, i think Letizia looks a bit older than she is but this is probably caused by the intense life she has lived even before becoming a crown princess. She just doesnt seem to have an eating disorder, i think she is a very strong woman and her thinness it is just a physical reaction to her intense schedule.

I think that it is easier to say that she looks fine than that she looks way too thin. Her eyes are sunken (perhaps the make-up); her cheeckbones are protruding (perhaps the angle of the camera); her hair is brittle (bad hair day); her nose looks bigger (light effect). No matter what we say (or not say), the way she looks is of concern. I am not saying she is sick (I really don't think she is), but she does not look as fresh as before. She does look very old (older than 33). This is IMO only.

In the end what it matters is that she is very happy with her husband and her daughter; if she is very skinny or if she is seen older, it is only something superficial. We are never going to have he himself aspect all our life; we are not always going to have a wonderful hair mainly and a made up affluent face that to you the wrinkles of the oldness and more things cover.

With this I do not say that always you must say ohh that beautiful; simply that you can say once is skinny but not often and the worse thing is than see it as if she was ill; and not to think simply that it is by her metabolism that has often been said, by the stress that takes. I am a skinny person and know what bothers that people always say these to you not eating? you are going away to become ill. And although you say to a thing or another they to continue thinking what they want to believe.

On the left - Letizia Ortiz in November 2003 - after her engagement announcement (photos from http://www.letiziaortiz.tk/galeriadefotos.htm) - and on the right three days ago - photo from face to face (http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015182.jpg)

I hope this time everything with the photos is o.k. I think the diffenence we can see in her face between November 2003 and August 2006 needs no comment. It's hard to believe that everything is o.k. with Letizia. It doesn't look healthy for me at all.

I think here it is much more visible - the same sources of the pictures
http--www.letiziaortiz.tk-galeriadefotos.htm
http--s2.supload.com-image.phpget=01015182.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And there we are again at the vicious cycle of the never ending debate about Letizia's weight.

I don't disagree that the Princess looks skinny, but to say that she suffers some kind of eating disorder is kind of hard. Although it's widely said around this forum that Letizia has the help of nannies to take care of Leonor, it's also pretty clear to me that she has an active participation in the daily life of the girl. One has just to look at the pictures posted in the Mallorca thread to notice how connected mother and daughter are. And I believe that this would be hard to achieve if Leonor was handed to a nanny 24/7.

About the pictures, people change during their life time. The time pre-engagement (and during the pregnancy, of course) was the time when Letizia had more weight on.

I've gone to the same site as Anna Novak and brought some examples in pictures of how a person's body can change during their lifetime (and it's also known that pregnancies and their big hormone charges can change a person's figure completely)

Let's not forget that the camera (in videos) adds some pounds, and these pictures are video captures:

Captures from TVE, taken from the site http://letiziaortiz.tk and pictures from Diez Minutos, Polfoto and ABC

Her latest look is a health concern. The latest pictures don't show a healthy and happy new mother. A happy one yes but healthy I don't think so. She seems a few pounds away from living skeleton and her face shows it.

Meredith said:
I don't disagree that the Princess looks skinny, but to say that she suffers some kind of eating disorder is kind of hard.

About the pictures, people change during their life time. The time pre-engagement (and during the pregnancy, of course) was the time when Letizia had more weight on.

When I mention a concern for her health I don't necessarily mean eating disorder. It could be many things....

About the fact that people change during their lifetime, it is often true. Especially after major events like Letizia went through (marriage, adapting to the life of a crown princess, pregnancy, etc...) If all those changes in her looks were due to her pregnancy then I hope that Lonor is an only child.

Your always are the same one that for years? as you obtain it? if she is skinny, it is not necessary to say it so many times comparing, and to be always insinuating diseases.

The princess has often said until getting tired I am thus, I have become thin but it is by my metabolism. And with this I remain; I do not need to be comparing photos nor to think that she has something bad; when she herself has said that she does not have anything. Really that this tires much. Always with the same history of her thinness. In the end everyone thinks what wants to believe; for many it concerns neither change of life nor estress nor metabolism; single disease. I on the contrary am more positive and I do not think that a person is ill by to have become thin.

I really miss the rounder face Princess Letizia had sported during her pregnancy and was a little sad to see it drop off so fast!! Recently, I have come to respect Princess Letizia, but as many other people probably feel, it would be lovely to see her like she was during her pregnancy again. *Hint hint* :D

And I think many people are concerned because it seems like she's thinner than even before the pregnancy. I mean, everyone always knew she was a thin person, but I think it would be a sign that she needs a much needed rest if she is indeed thinner than before the pregnancy in 2004.

I hope I haven't offended anyone! Just putting in my opinion!

Tiff

I think that with final this discution carry out with nothing
to be objective it be true that letizia is thin
but when one see certain period of her life as when it have work to CNN he was also thin
and she had periods or it is better I do not think than letizia does not eat I think than the pression and its changemment of life its person in charge for its thinness
it remains a beautiful woman leave him his chance time will speak for her and with another pregnancy it will take again

I think this "super thin" issue is something the press will talk about for a verrrry long time until they get tired of it that people won't care anymore because I don't think she will ever gain weight. I remember she was also a skinny pregnant woman who only delivered the weight in her belly and face, and the rest of her body stayed the same. I also wish she would gain a few pounds though. I remember she was also this thin before she got pregnant, remember those anorexia rumors around Oct 2004-Feb 2005 that Casa Real had to deny it?

Just to throw my 2 cents in:

Remember when Charles and Diana were first married and there were rumors that she was anorexic and very unhappy, etc. etc. and everyone said PHOOEY! There is no way, they are soooo happy!

Since time has proved that the gossip magazines were correct, I have been leery about just blowing them off. Obviously, some things that they say are very far out. However, we can all see that Letizia is skinny, much skinner than before. Unfortunately, most of us don't lose weight we gain it. Its amazing that she is so much skinner even after having a baby.

I think that Letizia must be frustrated in her life. If she was such a go getter that she went to Iraq and filmed the war, then she has some gumption. How can she possibly be content to trot after Felipe? I know she feels like she is there to support him. However, why can't she have a role herself?

You cannot compare with Charles and Diana; and to insinuate that she is unfortunate and frustaded with her life, single by having lost kilos. Letizia can be skinnier, but her smile and her love to her husband continue being the same. It is not possible to be always insinuating things of the life of the others, without much less knowing. And I say it again, the princess already has said that she is thus; and I believe that with this it must be enough to finish with this discussion that does not get at any single site to continue speculating on things single for being skinny.Because she could not feel well with helping her husband, to have more popularity and to approach him to people; that is very important. The princess has said to a journalist who she no longer is journalist, who she now feels like wife and is happy with it.

Do not worry that sooner or later with the years she will have own agenda.

tenngirl said:
Just to throw my 2 cents in:

Remember when Charles and Diana were first married and there were rumors that she was anorexic and very unhappy, etc. etc. and everyone said PHOOEY! There is no way, they are soooo happy!

I would not ever compare Diana to Letizia. Diana was, for the record, not anorexic, but bulemic -- the polar opposite of being anorexic. Diana's unhappiness had also stemmed from her childhood in which her mother abandoned her young family and Diana never received the emotional and psychological support she needed while growing up.

A husband who was having an affair and was in love with another woman throughout their marriage did not help Diana's emotional and psychological welfare any further.

Diana suffered from low self-esteem all her life. She married very young and had accomplished very little in her life before her marriage to Charles. She also married into a family that was not particularly close knit at the time and who could rather be cold and distant.

By comparison, Letizia does not have any such experiences. She married a good 10 years after Diana married Charles, and as such, was able to have her own life experiences. She had a successful career as a respected journalist in Spain before becoming the Princess of Asturias. She travelled to Iraq and covered major tragedies in Spain. She has never once demonstrated that she lacked self-confidence or suffered from low self-esteem. Even on the day of her engagement announcement she received criticism for being too or overly confident by interrupting Felipe when he ineterrupted her to say "Let me finish." And although her parents are divorced like Diana's, Letizia still has a close and supportive relationship with both of them, as well as her sisters and her grandparents.

... So I don't understand the comparison between Diana and Letizia who could not be more different than night and day, who lived a royal life in very different decades with times and monarchies that have different expectations of their princesses. The only connection between them is that they are both princesses.

tenngirl said:
Since time has proved that the gossip magazines were correct, I have been leery about just blowing them off. Obviously, some things that they say are very far out.

So how do we determine when to believe that gossip magazines are true then? When a German tabloid says that Maxima is pregnant for the tenth time do we believe that? Do we believe the gossip stories that say Mary is the "Scandinavian Imedla Marcos?" Do we believe it when the tabloids say that the Juan Carlos hates baby Leonor because she is Letizia's daughter?

One chooses what one wants to believe, whether it comes from a tabloid or elsewhere.

Very well and strong point Alexandria, i agree. :flowers:

I am not comparing Diana to Letizia because they aren't comparable. Totally different situations, and I might add pressures and expectations and popularity.

However, what I meant was that sometimes the gossip is correct. Obviously, you will know if Maxima is pregnant or whatever. When Diana was so skinny, something was obviously wrong. So, there had to be a reason for her slenderness.

We have been waiting for 2 years for Letizia to do something on her own. Can't she support her husband and the monarchy by going to an event as the main person? Why must she trot behind Felipe?

If she has boundless self-confidence and courage, etc. why doesn't she show it? I would think that a strong, vibrant woman would be something that the King would want to show to the world. But you only see Letizia with Felipe.

As you mentioned, she traveled the world as a reporter. She was the main attraction and was able to speak for herself. So wouldn't she be frustrated that now she is NOT able to speak for herself?

That is why her slenderness seems so suspicious. She wants to be trim for the cameras but her weight loss seems extreme. Since various other women in the public eye have been so slender and have finally admitted to being sick, etc., that is why it makes you wonder.

tenngirl said:
We have been waiting for 2 years for Letizia to do something on her own. Can't she support her husband and the monarchy by going to an event as the main person? Why must she trot behind Felipe?

If she has boundless self-confidence and courage, etc. why doesn't she show it? I would think that a strong, vibrant woman would be something that the King would want to show to the world. But you only see Letizia with Felipe.

As you mentioned, she traveled the world as a reporter. She was the main attraction and was able to speak for herself. So wouldn't she be frustrated that now she is NOT able to speak for herself?

That is why her slenderness seems so suspicious. She wants to be trim for the cameras but her weight loss seems extreme. Since various other women in the public eye have been so slender and have finally admitted to being sick, etc., that is why it makes you wonder.

What happens tenngirl is that Letizia cannot do whatever she wants, i don't remember in which thread i read that what happens is that monarchies now don't want Princesses to overshadow their husbands, which is exaclty what happened with the late Princess Diana she did so many things on her own that Prince Charles who was really the star was left behind it was all about Princess Diana, and it does have a point. Many Princes now are known because of their wives and really it should be the other way around.
So maybe the Spanish monarchy does not want that to happen the star if you put it that way is Felipe and if Letizia starts doing things on her own then that is might what happen, probably (is not a fact) Felipe might be left behind. And perhaps that's why she always is with him. :flowers:

Last edited:
All the women are not Letizia; because other women are frustaded and are ill; Letizia must be it? Those women say that they are ill; but is that Letizia has said thousands of times, I am not ill, I am thus. Because insist on wanting that she says I am ill and I feel frustaded? She is happy, and is very well of health. You have not stopped yourself to think that Letizia wants to be with her husband supporting to? People change of form to think, and not always in the life you must be the star.

We don´t know what happens to Letizia and if happens something to her. I only mean that it´s very sad as she is. Perhaps Letizia is healthy, but her aspect is… very haggard.:ermm:

She is a handsome woman but... before, when she wasn´t so thin, she was extremely beautiful!!!:wub:

I only hope that Letizia recovers the weight that she lost and that healthy aspect that before she had. :king: :flowers:

Whenever I see this photo I´m surprised more and more of her change :sad: :sad: :http://s2.supload.com/./files/default/leti-20060810205407.bmp

Last edited:
I think people tend to see things only black and white when it comes to Princess Letizia:rolleyes: ...

How many women there are in the world that have successful careers and leave everything to attend their sons in their first years of life?!

How many business women don't travel to foreign countries so often as they did before having families?!

Do those women become frustrated and unhappy:lol: ?!

Quite the opposite!

They had the chance to choose the way they wanted to live their lifes the same way Letizia choose to live her life beside the man she loves!

And if thiness was a clear sign of unhappiness... well, the world is full of happy women and men:dry: !

I like to see her engagement photos as everyone else but if you pay attention to all the previous photos, specially the Irak ones, I must say she was king of chubby that time... omg, Letizia is human:ohmy: !!!

For woman weight issue is very important, for me is almost a mistery :sad: ... diseases related are in everyday news, but lets not speculate over it. It is too serious!

I'm chubby but I remember during my sons' first years it looked like I was in a constant diet... and I didn't have the busy schedule Letizia has!

So, I want to believe and I hope that is the reason for Letizia figure!!!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

The worse thing of all this, is not that a person loses weight; but the people who do not understand it and that they always watch to you as if you were ill, and saying things of your weight; they make you feel badly with herself and above you think I am not the guilty of having lost weight and although attempt I cannot increase my weight quickly to it so that the other people let speak of my.

You can be watched the mirror and to say that skinny I am, will try to raise weight, but although you try it is not so easy to raise it and above go out and are again the commentaries of always there, that make you feel a rare tiny beast. Everybody wants to be always perfect, but it is that nobody is perfect, we are human and are moments in the life that we changed and we cannot fight with this, single for accepting it. So if they want to see a better Letizia, because first that there is to do it is to let speak of the same and letting her relax and live her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom