Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 2, The Princess of Asturias looking much more healthy and
pretty recently while visiting Alcala de Henares Village in Madrid

(getty images)

Laviollette said:
June 2, The Princess of Asturias looking much more healthy and
pretty recently while visiting Alcala de Henares Village in Madrid

(getty images)

Dear Laviolette, what do you mean by more pretty and healthy ?

Because I find her as beautiful as ever, may be yet more, but I find she is looking a little bit tired - Felipe- too.
It's totaly normal because their agenda.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ignore it adelaide .. when a woman is attractive and has a nice figure she is doomed to be savaged. I agree with you, she is pleasing to her gorgeous heir apparent and that's all that is important.

adelaide said:
Dear Laviolette, what do you mean by more pretty and healthy ?

Because I find her as beautiful as ever, may be yet more, but I find she is looking a little bit tired - Felipe- too.
It's totaly normal because their agenda.;)
I mean that sometimes she looks emaciated and unhealthy.

I'm not a big fan of CP Letizia, but neither am I a big fan of CP Mary of Denmark and CP Maxima of the Netherlands. The big thing for me about these ladies are that they are real people. They went to university, joined the work force and became the women that we admire today.

Lisele said:
I'm not a big fan of CP Letizia, but neither am I a big fan of CP Mary of Denmark and CP Maxima of the Netherlands. The big thing for me about these ladies are that they are real people. They went to university, joined the work force and became the women that we admire today.

It's a litlle bit rough, but in a way not totaly false. I want to add that in this election we can have preference for one of "these ladies":D For me,I give you to guess who ??...:p

adelaide said:
It's a litlle bit rough, but in a way not totaly false. I want to add that in this election we can have preference for one of "these ladies":D For me,I give you to guess who ??...:p

Crown Princess Letiziaaaaaaa!!! :D

clymène said:
Crown Princess Letiziaaaaaaa!!! :D

:p HO! How do you find it ? You have read in my thoughts :D But, I have also a some spot for..... the husband.... The handsome Felipe:D

adelaide said:
:p HO! How do you find it ? You have read in my thoughts :D But, I have also a some spot for..... the husband.... The handsome Felipe:D

:D I guess we all have adelaide!! He is soo handsome!:)

I think Letizia is one of the most disciplined, most devoted, and most elegant princesses out there. She looks professional, dignified, but also lively and warm-hearted. Felipe must feel very proud of his wife.

clymène said:
:D I guess we all have adelaide!! He is soo handsome!:)

I'm not allowed to go into detail about my feelings about Felipe but I wholeheartedly agree!! ;)

I'm sure Letizia is a wonderful lady, but I confess that I find the trend of royalty marrying commoners disappointing. If they are going to behave just like us, what is the point of maintaining them in these exalted positions. The power of the fairy tale of the commoner marrying the prince lay in its improbability.

I don't believe that point of a royal family is to provide a fairy tale or soap opera for the general public. The point, in the 21st century, is to separate the political head of the government, whose actions will always be controversial, from the Head of the State, so that people can have a symbol of the state to rally around and focus patriotic feelings on. I live in the United States, which of course has no monarch, and part of the problem we've had with our politics for many years is that criticism of the president and his policies is too often taken as treason to the state -- because the President of the U.S. is both head of state and head of government, his political actions are taken to be actions of the state. We still haven't quite gotten it here that you can love your country and still be purple furious about the actions taken by your government.

As for royalty marrying commoners, 1) there are relatively few reigning royal families left, which narrows the choices; 2) there have been plenty of royal personages throughout history who, despite impeccable royal blood, made a complete mess of their jobs, whereas plenty of commoners have done very well (the late Queen Mother, for instance).

Felipe and Letizia

My opinion about F&L? they are my favorite royal couple!!! :) :) they seem to be doing their job seriously. they attended royal duties the most than any other royal couple (however, i don't think this should be a basis). anyway, from what i've seen with this couple, they can be the most popular monarch in the future.

madeleine victoria said:
they attended royal duties the most than any other royal couple (however, i don't think this should be a basis).

Funny; I have heard many people to complain lately that we are seeing awfully little of Letizia, especially outside Spain - it was just announced that Felipe will attend the Luxembourg festivies alone; it has been years since Letizia last time officially represented her country. She has very few solo engagements, and just generally doesn't say very much. I'm sure she is very smart and could have a lot to contribute, so it's a shame she doesn't come forward more.

Is it an official announce of the Casa Real ?

lisamaria said:
Funny; I have heard many people to complain lately that we are seeing awfully little of Letizia, especially outside Spain - it was just announced that Felipe will attend the Luxembourg festivies alone; it has been years since Letizia last time officially represented her country. She has very few solo engagements, and just generally doesn't say very much. I'm sure she is very smart and could have a lot to contribute, so it's a shame she doesn't come forward more.

It of Luxembourg it is not so clear, a journalist has published it in a web, but it can be a mistake, and the Royal Spanish House has not confirmed anything officially.

Letizia does not come to acts in solitarily, it does not mean that she does not take part of the acts and that she does not do her work. The Princes of Asturias have an agenda more intense enough that other Princes inheritors, now are overturned in certain activities in Spain, and surely it is more important for the country that to be of royal party in royal party. In the last weeks they have had a very intense activity in Spain, probably you might check their agenda. Since she recaptured her work after the maternity, Letizia has travelled to Bulgaria, Portugal, Italy and Germany.
To represent to your country is to represent it in political, economic, cultural activities ... and not only in royal parties.

To know that she does not say anything; then you would have to be present in the acts to know if she does something or no. And because she does not have acts single, it does not mean that she does not work. And that letizia has not gone outside Spain, it is not certain. And on which goes or not to that celebration; that has not confirmed the real house.

But personally is very pretty to see them in the celebrations and their dresses and everything; but what they are doing, it is also and can who but important for Spain. :)

Lula, one's more time, you are totally right, I don't understand the problematic; it's very clear that the Princes since the begining of March don't stop to work together in Spain and out of Spain, as you said in Europe. Letizia didn't go in America Latina neither Central for the very shorts trips that Felipe did for the new Presidents' oaths, it's very understable.

That it's less, it's always this stupid quarrel of the false rumor : Letizia wouldn't invited to Luxembourg Court !!!!! Or Felipe would go alone !!!! the both hypothesis stil totally hypothetic and as you say Lula, the Princes of Asturias are representing Spain together even outside Spain in many fields politic, economic, social and cultural... even in sport for a football match and the Princess was a good supporter of the spanish team.....

It will be very surprising, if the Princes might going at this royal party, that Letizia stay at home. By the past, we had the proof that Letizia was a very wonderful representative of the spanish beauty, isen't it ? Now, I could understand why, if they might to go, the Princess couldn't be the wonderful representative of the princely spanish beauty ?

What do you think about that ?

just a question: why is he going alone to israel and luxembourg? Is Letizia ill? :S

Letizia is not ill. that it makes think that you? and on those trips then still one does not know if goes or no; and if you want a justification, because she remains with Leonor.

rchainho said:
just a question: why is he going alone to israel and luxembourg? Is Letizia ill? :S

Nothing is official.

It of Luxembourg it has appeared in a web, but it is not an official information and can have mistakes.

It of Israel, it is necessary to wait for news of the Royal House that is the one who is in the habit of confirming or the presence of the Princess. Normally these previous notes are diplomatic, it is confirmed that the Prince is going to travel as institutional representative, but not the one who accompanies him. It has passed more times, for that it is necessary to wait for the confirmation of the Royal House. Supposedly in other news one affirms that Letizia travels to China.

Letizia is perfectly, only it is necessary to see her agenda in the last weeks, has not stopped.She has had visits and acts of many hours with a lot of heat, and it is not easy to support it. Besides, in the last months she has travelled to Bulgaria, Italy, Portugal, Germany and Jordan.

I believe that till now to avoid very long displacements has been more, for not leaving the girl many days alone.

adelaide said:
What do you think about that ?
Really the negative thing is that they cannot entertain ... because these parties and dances, they are entertained, they put on nice garments, spectacular jewels, eat well...While they come to meetings with businessmen, come to Carmen Thysen and her trees, and turn them mad with political discussions and different protests.:p The Princes have put to work intensely, and the weekends I me imagine that they are to relax and to spend them with the baby. This Saturday is the Onomastica of the King and seems that there is a receipt to the Government. The weekend of the act in Luxembourg they have it free, but the following one is the visit of the Pope, and later China and Israel. They are not going to have a lot of time to be with the baby in July, later vacations.

Last edited by a moderator:
gdab55 said:
I'm sure Letizia is a wonderful lady, but I confess that I find the trend of royalty marrying commoners disappointing. If they are going to behave just like us, what is the point of maintaining them in these exalted positions. The power of the fairy tale of the commoner marrying the prince lay in its improbability.

I agree very much with this comment. When Felipe first married Letizia, my instant reaction was, "Did Queen Sophia really approve of this?" I was confused because she did not want him to marry Eva (the underwear model), but she approved the marriage of a divorcee? Okay, Letizia is a reporter, but nowadays, reporters are like celebrities. Long gone are the days of Woodward & Berstein, Murrow, or Walter Cronkite. Nowadays, reporters just report the news but they do not seek out the truth. Maybe things are different in Spain and the reporters there are more serious. I don't know. But I too have been disappointed with the royals.

I'm also disappointed in today's celebrities. There is noone that looks really gorgeous like Michelle Pheiffer. Maybe only Angelina Jolie fits that description. Today's celebrities look very ordinary. They look attractive all made up, but they are not out of the ordinary which I think is how a star should really look like.

gdab55 said:

I don't object to royalty marrying commoners, but I think they should meet a certain standard. Mathilde of Belgium is at that standard, and she is different from the other princesses in a way that's hard to define. But remarkably, the current group of crown princesses seems to be doing very well. There really isn't a bad one among them, including the Crown Princess of Norway, who had the scariest background of all. Since this is a thread about P & L, let me say that I think Letizia has met the challenge and she is as good as she can be in her role, or as good as almost anyone could be.

Dear royalwatcher, I don't understand (I'm not fluent in english) the end of your last sentence about Letizia...."as good as almost anyone could" Do you mean that the work doing by Letizia is so easy than abybody can do it ? or as to be a Crown Princess is very easy, Letizia didn't meet any difficulties to be one.

May be I'm wrong, but I think it's a very hard job, more, I think that the potantial crown princess who birthed in the cenacle with " blue blood" know that and don't want to make the sacrifice of their life for a dry vocation.

How many futurs Queen of Spain inside the european gotha ?

I agree with alot of what Ricarda and Saturn say. The fact that we hardly see them acting affection toward each other just bugs me to death. I was brought up showing love to my family, whether people were watching or not. As for the thing about royalty marrying commoners... if you find love in someone who is not from your background, then great. As long as they're happy.

What type of affection do you want them to show in public? Other than the peck on the check, lips or holding hands most Royal couples do not show alot of affection in public. Count me as one who doesn't want to see Felipe/Letizia, Mary/Frederick, etc tongue kissing. Even the most public figure has a right to some privacy in their life.

In regards to Letizia not doing solo engagements...I agree that is somewhat odd as well BUT how do we know that this isn't her choice per se but more of the Royal House?

I am not in agreement with you. They do not work?:eek: I am not wanted to imagine if they will work:rolleyes: And on the acts of Letizia; I if value what she does; because by a piece of video of an act and photos it does not say anything. The only difference is that the prince reads the speech nothing else. :) that I would like that she had acts single; then yes. But that does not mean that is not valued what she is doing.

And on the machista concept; not to kiss to your woman on the mouth I do not understand it. I do not see that it has to do a thing with the other. A married man can not give the hand to his mother? Continues being his mother and if they are very united I do not see the bad thing in this.:confused:

To kiss on public that is decision of them; if they do not want I do not see because they must do forced it.:p

Totaly agree with you Cris. It's see a little bite strange to say tha the Princes don't work or that the quality of their work is unsufficent. When you read that the mayor aof a town and his team are totaly astonished by the knowledge of the Princes about the problems, the activities and so and so about their town how do yo call that : bad work ?????

I prefer that someone sould tell that Felipe is arrogant ( it's not at all my mind, you know.... ) because it's a peronnal opinion and totaly indisputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom