The Princess of Girona Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice to see that Sofia is a regular fixture at the awards as well as Leonor. Leonor seems to be getting much more at ease at speaking, she'll be a natural in no time.

Queen Letizia took part in the official announcement of the 2021 Princess of Girona Letters and Art Award. Letizia took part in a talk with previous winners at Zarzuela as part of the virtual event.

Video of the event:
The Queen's intervention starts at the 1 hour 9 min. mark.

Photos from Casa Real twitter:

Fragment of the debate with the queen

Queen Letizia in Toledo today for the anouncement of the Princess of Girona Awards winner in Business.

She met with the young people taking part in the Princess of Girona Foundation workshops and later attended the official announcement of the winner.

Photos:
https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=14820

King Felipe and Queen Letizia presided over the XXVIII meeting of the Delegate Commission of the Princess of Girona Foundation today, May 13:

** casareal photos **

Last edited:
The Vanitatis website says that the Girona Princess Awards will be given on the 1st of July.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...esa-cataluna-premios-princesa-girona_3123808/

King Felipe and Queen Letizia, accompanied by Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía, will preside next Thursday the awards ceremony organized annually by the Princess of Girona Foundation (FPdG). The event will take place at the CaixaForum in Barcelona.

https://www.abc.es/espana/catalunya...s-inducido&vmc=abc-es&vso=tw&vli=noticia.foto

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Meeting with the winners in previous editions of the FPdGi Awards

King Felipe VI chairs the meeting of the board of trustees of the Princess of Girona Foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonor did a nice speech. I love hearing her speak Catalan. She was a bit nervous at the beginning, but she grew more confident at the end. She still stumbles here in there, but she did really well (no english or arabic this time). The end was beautiful, Felipe was clearly moved.

Video of Princess Leonor's speech.

This is the full speech:
I am very happy to return to Catalonia, to Barcelona, ​​where almost two years ago I was able to learn about the very important task that the foundation does. Now, when young people need to be heard more than ever, the foundation's work is even more relevant.

If providing opportunities to the younger generations is a duty that always compromises any society, the pandemic and its consequences make it even more necessary. For this, I want to thank all of you who work and who support them with enthusiasm. Also to those who, with their commitment and dedication, make it possible to discover and enhance the talent of youth.

Catalonia has always been a benchmark in initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship. Especially among young people, who represent these qualities and, as we have seen this afternoon, they are the key to our progress. And for me, as princess of Girona, it is a pride to see how our foundation advances year after year in its work towards these objectives. And see how it consolidates itself as an authentic guide for those of us who are beginning our journey.

The spirit of our foundation is born from the union of energies between different generations that, together, form our society and seek the progress of all. It is born from our experience, from the work and from the advice of those who precede us and it is also born from the illusion, responsibility and commitment of young people.

In the toughest moments of the pandemic, that commitment was demonstrated. We saw many young people from all over Spain helping children with homework, shopping for their elderly neighbors, calling sick and lonely people on the phone, writing letters to those in the ICU, raising funds to buy medical supplies and even printing them on 3D.

The images that we have seen show that many collaborated and continue to do so as much as they could. They are samples of generosity that reflect that responsibility and their commitment to the present. I also want to thank those of you who are accompanying us today in Barcelona and those of you who follow us via streaming. It is a joy to share with you this day in which we present the prizes of the Princess of Girona Foundation. Especially after not being able to do it last year.

To the ten winners, I congratulate you, your effort and talent deserve all the recognition and the values ​​that you represent are very necessary, especially for my generation.

Effort, solidarity, enthusiasm, capacity for initiative and self-improvement. All of this defines you and helps you improve and improve us all as a society.

Tomorrow is being built with today's work, and you are already doing it. Young people are the energy that drives this transformation.

Thank you very much, thank you very much. - "Muchas gracias, moltas gracias."

Speech by King Felipe VI.

Last edited:
The Princess was wonderful a little nervous at the start but overcame it,bravo Leonor!

Leonor did a nice speech. I love hearing her speak Catalan. She was a bit nervous at the beginning, but she grew more confident at the end. She still stumbles here in there, but she did really well (no english or arabic this time). The end was beautiful, Felipe was clearly moved.
I didn’t understand a word but I felt like it was a substantial speech! She did extremely well - you know her parents are so proud!

I didn’t understand a word but I felt like it was a substantial speech! She did extremely well - you know her parents are so proud!
Yes, she did really well :flowers: I watched her speech live and I felt really nervous too :lol: Leonor is only 15 years old and already has several speeches under her belt.

Well done by the princess. Especially given that Catalan isn't in her mother tongue. I don't think she speaks Catalan that regularly but mainly studied it to be able to do speeches like this.

Once she switched to Spanish (around 1.36) it got a lot easier for her, so 'growing more confident' was surely switching to her mother tongue.

Last edited:
She really has become a young woman this year. I expect I will hardly recognize her this time next year. Her parents must be so proud. She did a wonderful job.

Back
Top Bottom