The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to see more new pics of princess Letizia. I hope the operation hasn''t changed her face too much.
When is she supposed to appear again on a public event?
I guess there will be hundreds of paparazzi taking pics of her new nose.
In my view those who truly hate Letizia need as much therapy as those who adore her.
Dear Odette, I couldn't agree more!

In my view those who truly hate Letizia need as much therapy as those who adore her.

In my opinion you are wrong. The hatred and admiration are two very different feelings, obviously people who hate have a big problem.
For the simple fact to defend and believe in the words of doctors as many of us, we have to go to therapy? really ridiculous. The problem is people who criticize systematically and thinks other people are not honest.

If you look at the photos from the Spanish Royal Family after the Madrid plane crash - her nose is quite different but I also think that there is still some swelling because the bridge of her nose looks wider than before.

I suppose she wasn't expected to be in the public view so soon but because of the plane crash they had to make an appearance in public.

The difference between Maxima and Letizia is that Maxima would have no problem saying that she would have cosmetic surgery. I don't think Maxima is the type who cares. She looks beautiful with wrinkles. Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it.

Those are pretty strong statements, do you know Letizia or her doctor personally and therefore know for a FACT that she couldn't have done it for medical reasons?

Since I don't know her personally and she is not known to have told porky pies in the past, I will give take her (and Zarzuela's) word for it...

Marengo said:
Well, I have been around as Dutch royalty watcher since the mid 90-ties and I know pretty much all that is written about Maxima in the Dutch press. It was never even hinted that Maxima had any form of cosmetic surgery, it has never been announced by the court etc. This is the first time I 'hear' about it. So it is safe to assume that Maxima didn't have cosmetic surgery at all. Not that it matters that much of course.

My apogogies if I have falsely stated that Maxima had plastic surgeries....my comment was based on what was said previously in this thread. So, let me this is right....there was no report in the press, allegedly saying or hinting that Maxima had had liposuction done? Thanks in advance to anyone who would be kind enough to clarify that for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apogogies if I have falsely stated that Maxima had plastic surgeries....my comment was based on what was said previously in this thread. So, let me this is right....there was no report in the press, allegedly saying or hinting that Maxima had had liposuction done? Thanks in advance to anyone who would be kind enough to clarify that for me.

I have never read it in any Dutch newspaper/magazine/gossip rag thus far :flowers:.

Yellow/pink portuguese press are reporting the princess not only had a nose job, but also operated her chin, and injected botox mainly in her cheeks. I personnaly don't believe it, obviously she had the nose job that was confirmed by the Casa Real, wether it was for medical reasons or not I think is something we have nothing to do about, it's a personnal choice. I don't believe she changed also her chin and put botox, firstly these kind of press is not to be believe due recent headlines and stories they are taking from those kind of german tabloid press, and secondly because she's recovering from the surgery and obviously her face looks diferent, a little bloated.
But I'm sure in a few days, she will look good as always, and doing her job right as always.

In my opinion you are wrong. The hatred and admiration are two very different feelings, obviously people who hate have a big problem.
For the simple fact to defend and believe in the words of doctors as many of us, we have to go to therapy? really ridiculous. The problem is people who criticize systematically and thinks other people are not honest.

I did not mention admiration. I mentioned adoration. One can admire a beautiful building, a lovely mind, a gorgeous person. However one can see faults and negatives on the subject. To adore a stranger one never met and obviously the stranger has no clue the adorer exists, see no faults have reasons for everything one does or does not, borders the absurd. The same goes for people who hate people they never met, never had any contact with and the subject they hate would not know them if they bumped into them. IMHO both are sick feelings.
If you feel compelled to contradict everyone who finds faults or criticises Letizia, you have every right to do so. However one must understand there are others with different opinions as strong as yours or even stronger.

Ten Pages about a nose! WoW!!!!!!! People relax!

I did not mention admiration. I mentioned adoration. One can admire a beautiful building, a lovely mind, a gorgeous person. However one can see faults and negatives on the subject. To adore a stranger one never met and obviously the stranger has no clue the adorer exists, see no faults have reasons for everything one does or does not, borders the absurd. The same goes for people who hate people they never met, never had any contact with and the subject they hate would not know them if they bumped into them. IMHO both are sick feelings.
If you feel compelled to contradict everyone who finds faults or criticises Letizia, you have every right to do so. However one must understand there are others with different opinions as strong as yours or even stronger.

Interesting speech Odette but ... many of us simply believe in the word of doctors and Casa Real, I do not understand why they should lie? I personally am not a disbelief person nor I have a warped mind.
The problem is who has doubted EVERYTHING.

Camarina, personally I could not care less if all of them line up and get nipped and tucked for whatever reasons they choose. It does not matter to me if a procedure is done for medical or cosmetic reasons. If you read a few posts back, I wrote that I like Letizia's new nose.
However a lot of people may doubt the casa real announcement not because they "hate" Letizia but because they do not believe everything they hear.

If the woman had apnea like I do, I sympathize with her having surgery. If I could afford it, I'd do it in a minute

However a lot of people may doubt the casa real announcement not because they "hate" Letizia but because they do not believe everything they hear.

Royal Houses will only admit facts that cannot be denied and the Spanish are no exception. In this case they had to admit the nose job because everybody can see and decided to give a medical background to justify the operation in the first place (and it may have been the main reason, we don't know). In case there was a cosmetical motivation too which is very likely IMO they would never admit because nobody can prove that there wasn't. Royal statements may tell one truth but may also hold back another truth at the same time, depending on what is best for the public image.

Royal Houses will only admit facts that cannot be denied and the Spanish are no exception. In this case they had to admit the nose job because everybody can see and decided to give a medical background to justify the operation in the first place (and it may have been the main reason, we don't know). In case there was a cosmetical motivation too which is very likely IMO they would never admit because nobody can prove that there wasn't. Royal statements may tell one truth but may also hold back another truth at the same time, depending on what is best for the public image.

You are absolutely correct. A lot of people can take the statement as half truth and run with it. There are still people who will doubt or wonder about any and every fact they hear or read about.
In a world of 24/7 TV and all sorts of news masquerading as informed sources, it is not always easy to figure what is what.

I would like to point out that it was not me who made the comment about Haters needing therapy as much as the adorers. I do not know why I am being quoted as saying that above!

I would like to point out that it was not me who made the comment about Haters needing therapy as much as the adorers. I do not know why I am being quoted as saying that above!

crm2317 I am the one who made the statement and Camarina responded. I have no idea how you were quoted. You are innocent. It was my statement. (Odette speaking):flowers:

I think there is something wrong with the quote tags here.

---
Anyway, if people want to start a discussion about Letizia haters/supporters and common sense they can do that in this thread, which deals with posting habits in the Spanish forum. Further remarks about the topic in this thread will be deleted.

Thank you.

Ten Pages about a nose! WoW!!!!!!! People relax!

:lol: You mean... a Royal nose!

Well, I hope no one here is loosing any sleep because of Letizia's new nose :D

A nose job is like fixing your crooked teeth... What's the difference? Why do you have to live with an ugly nose you don't like if you can change it?
If your children had awful and damaged teeth wouldn't you tell them to fix them? I would.

I don't mind with the reasons for this surgery. She looks better and she still is a good princess (IMO), so everything is well. :flowers:

Yellow/pink portuguese press are reporting the princess not only had a nose job, but also operated her chin, and injected botox mainly in her cheeks. I personnaly don't believe it, obviously she had the nose job that was confirmed by the Casa Real, wether it was for medical reasons or not I think is something we have nothing to do about, it's a personnal choice. I don't believe she changed also her chin and put botox, firstly these kind of press is not to be believe due recent headlines and stories they are taking from those kind of german tabloid press, and secondly because she's recovering from the surgery and obviously her face looks diferent, a little bloated.
But I'm sure in a few days, she will look good as always, and doing her job right as always.
She was in the public spotlight before her marriage and felt comfortable with her looks. If she has really undertaken all these treatments we can guess under how much pressure she must be now. Sad enough to trade her characteristic nose into a boaring snub nose. Poor girl - hope she does not become a plastic surgery addict.

A nose job is like fixing your crooked teeth... What's the difference? Why do you have to live with an ugly nose you don't like if you can change it?
If your children had awful and damaged teeth wouldn't you tell them to fix them? I would.

There is a difference between corrections being done during childhood for obvious ugly teeth, jug ears or a hell of a nose that will lead to the child being bullied or even depressions and an adult of 35 years who spent half her life (thereof at least 8 years in the spotlight) with a nose that does not strike anybody as "ugly" - it's unique or characteristic but not worth a second look thinking "oh my god".

Altering your appearance as a top class royal (meaning Head of State or future Head of State) is a no-no IMO. People identify with them the way they are and have always been, it's about being authentic and showing enough self confidence to get on with something as superficial as looks. That's why Margrethe is still sporting her ugly teeth, Beatrix her mega wrinkles, JC his Borbon-nose and Charles his oversized ears. Just imagine QE II having a facelift - shocking! Besides, a whole industry of satirists depends on the imperfect looks of their royals (eg Charles' jug ears, the horsey-theeth BRF or Sofia's hamster cheeks).

People love royals with characteristics and don't want any streamlined operated and obsessed-with-looks representatives. There is something about aging gracefully and the shocking example of Queen Silvia shows where people could end up once they started experimenting. Even if Letizia had to correct the shape of her nose for medical reasons only, from now on she will be under even more scrutiny from the media, speculating on what's next.

Maybe it's just a Spanish thing... ;)

Queen Fabiola of Belgium had a nosejob done when she was about 20 or so, just for aesthetical purposes (though she was not in the spotlights then like Letizia is now). And that was like over 50 years ago.

But I guess it's different for Letizia. Some find it strange that she waited so long for this operation, especially since she spent so many years in the public eye already. But maybe it's just because she has been in the spotlights for so long, that she waited and postponed this operation, out of fear for what others might say, or out of fear for the nosejob itself. Since none of us is her personal doctor, and medical files are confidential, we'll never know for sure if there were medical reasons.

Queen Fabiola of Belgium had a nosejob done when she was about 20 or so, just for aesthetical purposes (though she was not in the spotlights then like Letizia is now). And that was like over 50 years ago.

But I guess it's different for Letizia. Some find it strange that she waited so long for this operation, especially since she spent so many years in the public eye already. But maybe it's just because she has been in the spotlights for so long, that she waited and postponed this operation, out of fear for what others might say, or out of fear for the nosejob itself. Since none of us is her personal doctor, and medical files are confidential, we'll never know for sure if there were medical reasons.

Luckily for Queen Fabiola of Belgium, there wasn't internet and mass media 50 years ago.

I doubt it's a Spanish thing. Fabiola just happened to be another Spanish woman who admitted a nose operation. Others might have done the same, but didn't make it public (of course they don't have to since it's a private subject).
For Letizia, if only for the aesthetical purposes, she could have done it long time ago. Perhaps she did do the operation for medical purpose as the royal house stated, now if she and her doctor had decided to do a little more like the majorites of surgeries for a deviated septum, that's also possible.

Altering your appearance as a top class royal (meaning Head of State or future Head of State) is a no-no IMO. People identify with them the way they are and have always been, it's about being authentic and showing enough self confidence to get on with something as superficial as looks. That's why Margrethe is still sporting her ugly teeth, Beatrix her mega wrinkles, JC his Borbon-nose and Charles his oversized ears. Just imagine QE II having a facelift - shocking! Besides, a whole industry of satirists depends on the imperfect looks of their royals (eg Charles' jug ears, the horsey-theeth BRF or Sofia's hamster cheeks).

People love royals with characteristics and don't want any streamlined operated and obsessed-with-looks representatives. There is something about aging gracefully and the shocking example of Queen Silvia shows where people could end up once they started experimenting. Even if Letizia had to correct the shape of her nose for medical reasons only, from now on she will be under even more scrutiny from the media, speculating on what's next.

So far there is obvious difference between souvereigns and consorts. Silvia is a very unlucky one, her plastic surgeries turned out to be a disaster, otherwise she would also claim 'aging gracefully' as some other consorts :). For people who follow the royals closely (ex. the posters on this board), they notice/care the change of the looks, the plastic surgeries, but certainly not for the majorities in this world who have no interest or very minimal interest. I don't think Silvia's plastic surgeries had been talked in China when she atttended the Olympics, nobody seemed to care in China.

In reality nobody in Sweden cares about whether Silvia has had plastic surgery or not - it is simply viewed as her personal choice. She is a great queen - that is what counts. My guess is that people in Spain doesn't care either what Letizia does - as long as she is Felipe's loving wife, hardworking princess and mother to her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom