The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire fiasco about her nose and the way they handled it, makes me like Letizia and Felipe all the more.:flowers:

Me, too.

Also, I've got to say, after looking at the pictures linked above, I'm absolutely certain that while her nose has changed in a slight way, a good deal of the swelling around her eyes must be from crying after visiting the crash survivors.

I don't care if she had a nose job. She is a good princess anyway and I like her. :flowers:

I wanna focus on what she do when she represent, and of course I look at her clothes. After all, I'm in the fashion business in real life, so royal fashion interrest me.

After seeing a new picture of her from the farewell dinner in Palma, I honestly can't tell a difference. I'm inclined to believe that she did have the surgery for medical reasons only. As someone who constantly suffers from nasal breathing problems, I can only imagine what she went through battling trying to breathe normally via her nose on a daily and nightly basis. If you don't suffer from these types of problems, you are very lucky indeed! I hope she is now feeling some relief.

I also agree with Laurentienne, as long as she continue to do the great job she has been doing and represent her country with dignity, who are we to judge on her decision to improve her breathing?

Also, as someone who has been in the news business for years, I believe if she had really wanted the bump removed for cosmetic reasons, she would have done it long before now. There are many ways with cosmetics to lessen a bump on the nose or make a nose look straighter and narrower than it is. I really do believe she had it done for medical reasons.

See, to me I can notice a difference. She does look different imo which I feel somewhat sad about as I thought her so so pretty and actually didn't even notice the bump on her nose prior to this thread.

If a medical condition than I can certainly understand why the procedure was needed and even if it was for cosmetic purposes, I can again entirely understand why Letizia may have wanted it dealt with (it's her right to feel happy with how she looks).

I just miss how she she used to look, I guess. changing the shape of ones nose can certainly alter one's overall facial appearance and imo, it has to a degree. Her nose seems somewhat broader and now her mouth seems longer. To me anyway.

Still pretty of course, but not the Ltizia I was accustomed to looking at.

If she's happy though, that's all that matters.

I've looked at each photograph in this thread since the "story" came to light. And two photo agencies with which I have access and so can view their HQ's.

Not that I have any need to justify my resolve to you, of course...:)

Hi everyone,

I was looking forward to see more pictures of Letizia after the surgery, cosmetic or health issues, (who knows anyway) it is certainly evident that her looks have changed. The fact that she has done it now, does not mean she is just doing for healthy reasons, there are things you want to do but are never sure of doing until you get to a point were you need to do something one way or the other. Flatting the bumb the way the doctors did, was in my opinion her choise. I have a friend who will do the surgery next week and the doctor told him not to expect a change on his looks as the surgery will be in the inside. In any case, I think she looked better with some of the bump because it was kind of right for her facial structure, maybe with time we will get used to her actual looks and appreciated it better.

Looking at the farewell dinner pictures and to make a long story short, the neswpapers badly needed something to sell -once again- in this kind of dry royal summer and of course took these "nose news" and ran. What is next? Letizia gets highlights! I wonder when the thread about the King's cures at the Planas Clinic in Barcelona will be opened. They are for health reasons, of course, but I guess that would not sell as many newspapers/magazines as Letizia's "new nose" has.

Anyway the final results of this surgery will be visible in a few months, It is too early to assess the results. Letizia's face still has the appearance of newly operated. It is necessary to wait a while.
But I think her nose has not undergone an enormous transformation.

I can't believe there's an entire thread for a woman who got a nose job. Good thing she didn't get a liver transplant, otherwise a website would have sprung up. Increible.

I can't believe there's an entire thread for a woman who got a nose job. Good thing she didn't get a liver transplant, otherwise a website would have sprung up. Increible.

Not so incredible - we've managed to have threads here before dedicated to illnesses - there's for example a thread in the Norwegian forum about King Harald's heart surgery and another one about his cancer diagnosis.

In the Spanish forum, there is, for example, also a thread dedicated to Jaime de Marichalar's stroke and subsequent operation and retraining.

The difference is mostly that in this thread people are discussing whether or not they believe that the claim of the Spanish court that the operation was medical in intent or not. It's difficult to argue about that when you're dealing with heart surgery, cancer or stroke.

The issue is also that it is a topic that inevitably will be discussed, and so, at 250+ posts, it might be better for it to have its own thread, rather than going through several current events threads for it. :flowers:

Seriously, I don't see any difference in her nose, front view is the same, even she still has swollen nose, her profile is more visible, but, thank God her face did not change.

well I don't know if that is true or not but in some maganizes here in Portugal iT has been said and photo reported that Letizia has operated not only her nose (yes for health problems) but also some other parts of her face, and we can notice that by seeing some old pictures of her and the new ones. I could't imagine Letizia doing such a thing, to me plastic surgery was not for Letizia personality but it sounds like she did it :eek:

You people have me laughing again -- love the humor. God forbid rumors start about the King taking pills or vitamins to maintain his energy. You just "know" what they will try to say he is taking. God, a Royals life is just so transparent.

I've read all of the posts everyone posted about Princess Letiza's nose job. I saw a picture of her new nose which appeared in this thread. I noticed the difference between before and after. It looked like her nose changed a little bit, around on the bridge of her nose where she used to have a bump on the top of her nose. The bridge of her new nose looked flat than the old nose. And, I also noticed her eyes looked different. I think she didn't wear any make-up. Maybe she has botox and I also noticed her skin became smoother. Maybe she also has a chemical peel for her skin. That's my opinion. I think she looked good with her new nose. I beleive she had a breathing problem which is why she had to have her nose operated. Hope she can breathe better now. :)

well I don't know if that is true or not but in some maganizes here in Portugal iT has been said and photo reported that Letizia has operated not only her nose (yes for health problems) but also some other parts of her face, and we can notice that by seeing some old pictures of her and the new ones. I could't imagine Letizia doing such a thing, to me plastic surgery was not for Letizia personality but it sounds like she did it :eek:

There were plenty of pictures yesterday showing that she only had a small bump removed from her nose. Anyone with just a slight knowledge at plastic surgeries would know that it's not possible for her to look so well (except for a few bruises around her nose) at the hospital visit (last week) only one week after so many surgeries suggested by the Portuguese tabloids :cool:.

Not so incredible - we've managed to have threads here before dedicated to illnesses - there's for example a thread in the Norwegian forum about King Harald's heart surgery and another one about his cancer diagnosis.

In the Spanish forum, there is, for example, also a thread dedicated to Jaime de Marichalar's stroke and subsequent operation and retraining.

The difference is mostly that in this thread people are discussing whether or not they believe that the claim of the Spanish court that the operation was medical in intent or not. It's difficult to argue about that when you're dealing with heart surgery, cancer or stroke.

The issue is also that it is a topic that inevitably will be discussed, and so, at 250+ posts, it might be better for it to have its own thread, rather than going through several current events threads for it. :flowers:

;)
Of course by "incredible" I mean ridiculous. The medical conditions you mentioned regarding other royals are serious and well worth an entire thread, sure enough. But a rhynoplasty/tubernectomy? Unless her nose was destroyed and looked like Michael Jackson's or something that terrible, it isn't that big a deal, not even for health reasons (take it from me I've had two corrective nose surgeries). At worse could've been that one of her passages was blocked and since the doctors were "already there" why not take care of the bump? Unless of course it was part of the deviated septum and the correction took care of it. Either way it doesn't compare to a stroke.
:cheers:

See, to me I can notice a difference. She does look different imo which I feel somewhat sad about as I thought her so so pretty and actually didn't even notice the bump on her nose prior to this thread.

If a medical condition than I can certainly understand why the procedure was needed and even if it was for cosmetic purposes, I can again entirely understand why Letizia may have wanted it dealt with (it's her right to feel happy with how she looks).
I just miss how she she used to look, I guess. changing the shape of ones nose can certainly alter one's overall facial appearance and imo, it has to a degree. Her nose seems somewhat broader and now her mouth seems longer. To me anyway.
Still pretty of course, but not the Ltizia I was accustomed to looking at.
If she's happy though, that's all that matters.

I agree with you on this, she seems to have lost the personality of her face. A shame. I think it's wrong for people to think they have to look perfect to feel good. Letizia is a well educated woman, and she was extremly attractive, albeit not perfectly chiseled looking. Yet she didn't lack anything.:ermm:

I know a lady who was born with a crooked little toe. It apparently didn't interfere with her daily life for the most part, except she frequently stubbed her little toe on bed posts. She finally had surgery to fix the toe two years ago. By the logice of some of the posts, she shouldn't have done it because the crooked toe was part of her identify. My point is, Letizia's breathing problem is similar to my friends' crooked toe. It's not the worst thing in the world to have problem with and it's not life threatening for the most part. It's annoying and more important, correctable. They both finally took action. The result is my friend can finally wear the Jimmy Choos she's been drooling over for ages, and Letizia got a straighter nose. I was really happy for my friend when she strutted down the street in her first part of Jimmy Choo. I don't get when people pick on Letizia for not putting up for a constant discomfort.

I don't get when people pick on Letizia for not putting up for a constant discomfort.
If letizia truly had a medcal condition, should she have not chosen to have surgery and suffer the rest of her life just because the media or the public would criticize her? What would these critics do is they are in the same situation?

they would do the same she did...Is not a big deal to have or not a different nose (actually we all have different noses from each other), so...Is she gonna be more intelligent than before? that's not the point, she's just LETIZIA and I think is ridiculous to say that a 'part of her is missing' or something like that

If letizia truly had a medcal condition, should she have not chosen to have surgery and suffer the rest of her life just because the media or the public would criticize her? What would these critics do is they are in the same situation?

An article from Elmundo this Sunday talks about Sofia's face lifting and Infantas' liposuction. I have been following the SRF for years, I knew they did these ops, no surprise at all. Yes, all women are 'insecure' in a way, since they want to look better :lol:.
El 'estreno' de la nariz de Doña Letizia se adelantó ocho días | Gentes | elmundo.es

I don't mind Letizia's old nose with the little bump. However if the offer of removing the bump was on the table to go with the operation to fix the breathing problem without causing much more pain, why not take it ? Of course a straight nose looks no worse on the profile than a slightly crooked one, even a stunning beauty Gisele Bundchen looks better with her new nose.

And also queen Rania! Do you remember younger Rania with her old nose? She looks great now, and I know she was op 'cause she wanted to look better

An article from Elmundo this Sunday talks about Sofia's face lifting and Infantas' liposuction. I have been following the SRF for years, I knew they did these ops, no surprise at all. Yes, all women are 'insecure' in a way, since they want to look better :lol:.
El 'estreno' de la nariz de Doña Letizia se adelantó ocho días | Gentes | elmundo.es
Let me get this straight -- Queen Sofia had a face lift and her daughters liposuction. When in the world was this? And if so, was it ever written about prior to this article? Not that there is anything at all wrong with those actions; but since all the "passing-out" over Letizia insignificant operation to correct breathing problem, I am really shocked. I just thought that was the first time a Spanish Royal dabbled in a procedure (which were much more intensive than a breathing correction).

Everything around Princess Letizia has to be criticized, but just look Cristina's body before and now, or QS's face, come one, there is something going on there, but people just criticize Princess Letizia.

This is just out of the block, I can't stand it.

I think it's wrong for people to think they have to look perfect to feel good.

Well, there's no such thing as perfect as you and I both know.

Though only when we have walked their path and felt what they have felt, could we then perhaps lay judgement.

Healing from the inside is such a priceless thing, but sometimes to be able to heal on the inside, people need to see an improvement on the outside.

Self esteem and confidence derives, mainly, from how we perceive ourselves and how we think others perceive us. Because Letizia is someone who has notably been in the public eye for some time, does not then suggest she has been full of confidence or unsensitive to the issue of personal appearance. Often people suppress taking action because cosmetic surgey is viewed by a great many people through such prejudiced eyes and so are labelled as being fake themselves. What a horrible tag to have labelled upon you when all that person wishes to do is to be able to look in the mirror and smile thinking 'yes', I like how I look'.

Whatever Letizia's reason, I hope she's very happy with it as that's all that matters...:flowers:...And yes, I think she looks different and that saddens me a little as I liked her appearance prior too the procedure, but I'm not her and know not what its like to be her so I'm in no position to judge her for it.

And by no means am I giving you a lecture, not at all...just sharing a point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom