The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Leitzia is being crucified for having her nose operated on primarily for medical reasons! Did Maxima and Rania receive the same level of criticism when they had their cosmetic surgeries?
I didn't know that Maxima had cosmetic surgery? What kind of? Is it only a guess or a rumour?

It seems to me to be incredible that all the persons who criticize this operation of the princess Letizia, before had not praised that she was visiting the patients in four different hospitals.
It is sure that an operation of nose is more important, tha Fulfillment with her obligations and duty
Incredible ... and sad.

Please don't slam me, but I don't like the new nose. You are born with the nose which fits your face. She could have corrected the "deviated septum" and not changed the shape of her nose.

I couldn't agree more pamk. Her nose and chin made the character in her face and that's now gone. Her nose now looks like the noses of countless ambitious soap actresses or reality-tv show presenters: fake and standardized. Maybe some of the old shape returns once the swelling has gone. There is still an option which I would like to believe in, that the correction of the deviated septum was not possible without the correction of the shape of her nose. If I am right, I actually feel sorry for her, having to give up her original nose and getting plenty of stick from everybody for the inevitable. If I am wrong, well, she will have thought of the consequences and now has to live with them.

Whatever the truth the whole thing hasn't done her or the SRF any favours. The plane crash forced her to come out of her recovery period and instead of being in charge of the whole PR she has to react. The timing was more than unlucky (not her fault) and probably nobody in Spain will believe that the whole procedure was done for medical reasons only, as casareal wants to make people believe. She will now somehow pick up the stigma of a celebrity, altering her appearance for vanity what is sending out the wrong message and doesn't have role-model character.

In the beginning she always acted as a tough modern woman who wanted to be recognized as hard-working professional Sofia II but unfortunately she could not keep up with her own high standards. First she was reduced to Felipe's handbag, then this summer she opted for going down the celebrity path with short dresses and ultramodern sunglasses and shoes which give her the vain and obsessed-with-looks touch. The nose correction only adds up to that. Sadly, the appearance of Princess Letizia in August 2008 has finally become unrecognizable from the appearance of the fiancee Letizia Ortiz in her white pantsuit in November 2003.

I rather like her new nose. Fine, she has lost her original shape. My own nose isn´t perfect but I have never thought of having it changed but some women really hate their noses and for some reason the ones that have a slightly hooked nose seem to hate them most. I rather like them, they look patrician. But if she feels better with it, well good luck to her. It must be very trying having all angles of photographs taken and perhaps this new nose makes her feel more relaxed when cameras are pointed at her.
I would have been more than happy having her original nose instead of mine, but we are all different.

This is cosmetic surgery.
The shape of the tip of her nose was changed and the small hump on top of the noses's bridge was removed (the latter being the more complicated procedure).
Surgery on a deviated septum does not lead to an alteration of the outside appearance of a nose. If any medical surgery was done at all, then cosmetic surgery was performed simultanously but seperately.

I don't understand why Leitzia is being crucified for having her nose operated on primarily for medical reasons! Did Maxima and Rania receive the same level of criticism when they had their cosmetic surgeries?

I know about Rania and of course I've seen pictures of her before the operations :bang: but I knew nothing about Maxima :eek:!

Are there any pictures of the Princess of Orange before the plastic surgeries to compare them with the after surgery photos? Any articles which claim that?

This is cosmetic surgery.
The shape of the tip of her nose was changed and the small hump on top of the noses's bridge was removed (the latter being the more complicated procedure).
Surgery on a deviated septum does not lead to an alteration of the outside appearance of a nose. If any medical surgery was done at all, then cosmetic surgery was performed simultanously but seperately.
That is probably correct, but I personally believe the first concern was the deviated septum and while they were there ---what the heck -- fix everything. I certainly would have done that if my nose needed a tweek. I still, for the life of me, can't see a huge difference in the before and after. And I still can't see what she had done to her eyes, as someone prior said she had done. I am still amazed with her skin (Mary's also from Denmark) as that impresses me 100% more. No sun damage discoloration in such a warm climate is great at her age.

What's big deal about her operation/correction? That's her business. She is not the first royal who has done something it and not the last. Does other royals recive some criticism when they use botox or had face liftings?

About recovery after plastic surgery, it depend of the human (genes). One can has big signs of f.ex. nose job any other almost none.

I don´t see any problem, if she wanted to look better she had the right. But you don´t realize at thirty something that you have problems to breath. The thing is she doesn´t look better after the job, maybe because it´s too soon.

I think Letizia is and was a fantastic looking woman, but I think her face has lost some of it's character. It's all nice being perfect looking with even features, yet there was something so unique about her with the slight hook to her nose, and her slightly unperfect teeth (a little bit buck) and her protuding chin. She has much chic and good taste, a fantstic figure to boot. This nose job, (which was for mainly esthietetic reasons IMHO) will draw alot of criticsm, and I think it took away the personality from her face.:ermm:

Is her chin still the same? I haven´t seen a good picture yet. I had never noticed her teeth. Poor royals with internet there are no secrets from us. lol.

Whatever the truth the whole thing hasn't done her or the SRF any favours. The plane crash forced her to come out of her recovery period and instead of being in charge of the whole PR she has to react. The timing was more than unlucky (not her fault) and probably nobody in Spain will believe that the whole procedure was done for medical reasons only, as casareal wants to make people believe. She will now somehow pick up the stigma of a celebrity, altering her appearance for vanity what is sending out the wrong message and doesn't have role-model character.

In the beginning she always acted as a tough modern woman who wanted to be recognized as hard-working professional Sofia II but unfortunately she could not keep up with her own high standards. First she was reduced to Felipe's handbag, then this summer she opted for going down the celebrity path with short dresses and ultramodern sunglasses and shoes which give her the vain and obsessed-with-looks touch. The nose correction only adds up to that. Sadly, the appearance of Princess Letizia in August 2008 has finally become unrecognizable from the appearance of the fiancee Letizia Ortiz in her white pantsuit in November 2003.

We really don't know if the announcement from the SRF was pre-scheduled or not. The Princes were supposed to appear on Sunday (I don't know if they will still go after the plane crash) for the car race in Valencia, thus Friday was a good time to make an annoucement before her first post-surgery public appearance.
She already wore short dresses last summer (the black dress at the good-bye dinner and a golden dress), always has modern sunglasses even before her engagement. Her modern look this summer is more close to Letizia Ortiz who wore a modern Armani white pantsuit at the engagement, not Princess Letizia who wore her Varela suits mostly for 50+ year old women. All the young royals wore short dresses and modern sunglasses, so only Letizia became vain and image obsessed ? LOL :lol:

:ohmy:
oh ! gosh, didn't see this coming.
well she very clearly had a nose job, there is absolutely no doubt, and how stupid does the spanish court think we are, "medical reasons". LOL ! Yeah right. I don't believe a word of that.

Funny how people always say that Letizia is the least superficial princess, turns out, she's the most ! I don't know any other princess who has a nose job like that.

She had the post-surgery syndrome. Her face was still a bit swollen. Another week or so, her face will look more normal.
I believe you are correct. Sometimes it takes weeks before face will be normal and on other women only a week. This is so blown out of wack. Just something for the sad people to harp about.

well she very clearly had a nose job, there is absolutely no doubt, and how stupid does the spanish court think we are, "medical reasons". LOL ! Yeah right. I don't believe a word of that.

Funny how people always say that Letizia is the least superficial princess, turns out, she's the most ! I don't know any other princess who has a nose job like that.

Well you are lost, for example QUEEN RANIA has a nose job. do you know her job around people in need.??

But it is a pity, there are a lot on a superficial person to call her like that, and it is OBVIOUS that Princess Letizia would never be A SUPERFICIAL PERSON she has shown it in her everyday lifetime and in her role as a Princess.

Although some people JUST want to call her like that:whistling:

She never waste her money in very EXPENSIVE cloth as other Royals,

Nothing famous marks as prada, versace, valentino and so on, She really works hard for her new role as a Princess of Asturias, and we never see her on vacations except for the summer ones which are a tradition in the spanish royal family, while there are others one who spend the entire year traveling here and there, her dutues are poor, but people can't say that about princess Letizia, some just want to beleive what they want to believe.:cool::rolleyes::whistling:

I think that she looks great for only having operation a few days prior. Most people would still be flat on their backs and not visiting hospitals to give support to tragic victims. Besides I do believe that the main reason was medical reasons as I don't believe that Juan Carlos and Sofia would have approved anything else. Her skin still looks white and drawn, but that will become OK with time. As far as other Royals more superficial, you best look into that closer -- others have.

This is bad on so many levels. I'll miss Letizia, don't know who this new person is.

This is bad on so many levels. I'll miss Letizia, don't know who this new person is.

jajajajajajajajajajaj, this story seems no end,:hammer: I JUST CAN SAY Princess Letizia has been very beautiful, even with her imperfect nose.

She still has a swollen face.

Can you imagine how beautiful will she look with her new nose??:wub::wub::clap:

awwwwwwww, well,:innocent: you will see, you will love her, don't worry, you won't miss her.:whistling:

So she got some things tweaked. Big deal. More power to her. Doesn't mean she's more superficial or a worse princess. It just shows that she's just like most of us - we have our insecurities and things we perhaps want to improve. She happens to have the means and the will to do it, and so she did.

She looked great before the surgery and she still looks great. I hope any discomfort is quickly gone. Perhaps she needed the surgery for valid reasons and fixed the nose at the same time. No different than when some extra skin is taken off after a c-section.

I know about Rania and of course I've seen pictures of her before the operations :bang: but I knew nothing about Maxima :eek:!

Are there any pictures of the Princess of Orange before the plastic surgeries to compare them with the after surgery photos? Any articles which claim that?

I was referring to a previous post in this thread where Rania and Maxima were mentioned for having a nose job and liposuction respectively.

We really don't know if the announcement from the SRF was pre-scheduled or not. The Princes were supposed to appear on Sunday (I don't know if they will still go after the plane crash) for the car race in Valencia, thus Friday was a good time to make an annoucement before her first post-surgery public appearance.
She already wore short dresses last summer (the black dress at the good-bye dinner and a golden dress), always has modern sunglasses even before her engagement. Her modern look this summer is more close to Letizia Ortiz who wore a modern Armani white pantsuit at the engagement, not Princess Letizia who wore her Varela suits mostly for 50+ year old women. All the young royals wore short dresses and modern sunglasses, so only Letizia became vain and image obsessed ? LOL :lol:
Very well said! The same posters who have been criticising her Varela suits wearing way are now slamming her for being vain and image obsessed...contradiction much?!

could someone be so kind to give an english summary of the articles? i'm interested because i can't see any difference and am concerned about the surgery, she looks flawless to me (as always) i don't know when it occurred but i admire her so much to face the grief and stress of these days after the crash so beautifully. the pain of all those tragic people, it is so moving to see the effort even if there is really nothing you can do or say in this kind of situation....only love and comfort. what kind of surgery was it and when did it take place?

resume: she did a stump on medical recommendation. it said that she had problems in breathing. and there´s a rumor that she changed her chin too.

I can´t understand what´s the problem here. Many times when a person has a nose operation for health reasons, the shape of the nose is operated too, because it helps the breathing. I also don´t understand the attack to Letizia, as many other royals have had beauty operations and botox, e.g. Queen Silvia and Queen Rania.
I think that the SRF would have given a press release about Letizia´s operation before her first public engagement in any case. Now that she had an engagement before planned because of the plane crash, it wasn´t appropriate to give a press release at the day of the accident or the next day.

She will receive a lot of critisism not because she had a cosmetic surgery I think but because of the completely ridiculous excuse that the Spanish Court gave!

I don't like her face now! Perhaps I haven't seen a good picture but She had something special before that made her look uniquely beautiful! I think that with the nose job her whole face changed!!!! Her expressions, her personality are reflected kind of different than before!!!

In spanish, people can translate it?

Según fuentes oficiales, doña Letizia sufría problemas respiratorios que le hacían padecer ligeras apneas durante el sueño y leves molestias en espacios cerrados. El doctor Avelino Barrós, jefe de los servicios médicos de la Zarzuela, fue quien, tras tratar los síntomas, aconsejó a la Princesa someterse a una septorrinoplastia funcional. La intervención fue de tipo ambulatorio, con anestesia local y no requirió ingreso hospitalario, por lo que doña Letizia regresó a su residencia en La Zarzuela el mismo día. La correción se realizó a través de los orificios nasales y se limitó a abrir los conductos y enderezar y recolocar el tabique nasal.

http://buscador.lavanguardia.es/bus...el+alcazar&searchButton.x=15&searchButton.y=5

Lavanguardia/Letizia retoca su nariz
According to the article the princess wanted to take her holiday to undergo an operation that would necessarily prevent her to appear in public for a few days, so she chose the period between 11 and August 26 for the intervention and postoperative overcome. Letizia suffered respiratory problems (sleep apnea and mild discomfort in confined spaces). Dr. Avelino Barroso, head of medical services of Zarzuela, advised Letizia undergo a functional septorhinoplasty. The intervention was done with local anesthesia and didn´t require hospitalization, so Letizia returned to Zarzuela on the same day. The correction was done through the nostrils and was limited to open channels and relocate and straighten the nasal septum. As happens in such operations, Letizia was forced to wear protection on the nose for a few days. The swelling of the face was last Thursday still visible. The Princess will be fully recovered in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom