The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The King has zero comma zero operational authority over the armed forces but okay, good luck to the Princess to learn military strategy, weaponry, excercition and all this with the knowledge she will never, ever be able to even move her eyelid without the Government first have been in a conclave over it.
why the disdain for some inside education in the organisation that defends the country should it ever come to that, the country that she one day will be monarch of.

i doubt it is about being in a lot of active combat herself, but an inside understanding is a good thing to have imo

that the dutch don't do this, doesn't mean it is wrong imo
Old 10-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.flash.pt/celebridades/mundo/amp/infanta-sofia-alvo-de-chacota-em-colegio-de-elite-e-letizia-vai-aos-arames

Infanta Sofia the target of mockery at an elite school and Letizia goes to the wires

Can anyone confirm this news pls?
Old 10-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.flash.pt/celebridades/mundo/amp/infanta-sofia-alvo-de-chacota-em-colegio-de-elite-e-letizia-vai-aos-arames

Infanta Sofia the target of mockery at an elite school and Letizia goes to the wires

Rchainho you are Portuguese, you must know perfectly how the FLASH site works. It is a sensationalist site and they only involve the name of Queen Letizia in this news because of clickbaite. As for the veracity of the news, I have no idea if it will be 100% true, but it came out on a Spanish website.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The news is from a web, and I would not give it much credibility because sometimes they publish some absurd things.

According to that website, Sofía was criticized by some of her classmates because she plays soccer, which is a "boy's sport"... apart from being a comment that does not fit in with the mentality of today's youth, the press already published several years ago that she played soccer at school, although perhaps it was not a very known fact and it was better known after she went this summer with her sister to a game of the Spanish team. She has played the same sport for years, so it is illogical that only now that the news is more public there are problems.

The story seems more like the invention of someone with prejudices who does not see well that an infanta plays soccer.

Also, describing the school as "elite" is quite an exaggeration, it is a private school, but it is not exactly among the most elite schools in Madrid.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:11 AM
Majesty

The new law that is being discussed in the Spanish nobility thread also includes the following article making Leonor's birthday a 'Day of Remembrance'.

Quote:
Artículo 7. Día de recuerdo y homenaje a todas las víctimas.

Se declara el día 31 de octubre de cada año como día de recuerdo y homenaje a todas las víctimas del golpe militar, la Guerra y la Dictadura.

Subir

[Bloque 11: #a8]

Artículo 8. Día de homenaje a las víctimas del exilio.

Se declara el día 8 de mayo de cada año como día de recuerdo y homenaje a los hombres y mujeres que sufrieron el exilio como consecuencia de la Guerra y la Dictadura.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Here is a clickable link (in Portuguese).

Google Translation (reasonably accurate in my opinion)

Quote:

Like her father, Felipe Vi, Infanta Sofia is truly passionate about sports, but her taste is causing her serious discomfort. The reason? The daughter of the kings of Spain is particularly fond of football, so it is not uncommon to see her playing this sport during breaks between classes.

But prejudice has spoken loudly and Sofia has been teased by her colleagues for playing football. The website 'El Confidencial Digital' advances that the infanta has been the victim of many derogatory comments, which, naturally, ends up having a great social impact in the neighboring country. Still, the young woman is not intimidated and continues to play with the ball.

Apparently, the kings have been informed of everything that is happening in this elite college. Letizia, like any mother, was indignant and worried and will have already spoken to the management of the establishment.
Note: "direção do estabelecimento", which Google literally translated as "the management of the establishment" in this context means more properly the headmaster or the school board (or equivalent).
Old 10-27-2022, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the Princess of Asturias practicing volleyball at UWC Atlantic College.

https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/f...027-002554512/
Old 10-27-2022, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Someone ought to be knocked on the head!

Can't she even enjoy some sport without someone selling mobile-photos?
Old 10-27-2022, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Someone ought to be knocked on the head!

Can't she even enjoy some sport without someone selling mobile-photos?
They're so blurry they aren't even worth it, and that publication should be ashamed for buying photos of a minor at school. They're completely innocuous to boot!

I imagine UWC can probably narrow down the culprits and give them a stern talking-to. Assuming they're students.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

An Instagram account says it is Leonor, but no one has confirmed it. At school there are many girls who are similar, and in a video with such poor quality it is impossible to tell. Some of these Instagram profiles, which nobody knew who manages, have published images of Leonor saying or implying that was her, and she was not.

The school never publishes images of her, and her classmates are quite respectful and it is strange that something appears on social networks because they have been asked not to do so.

In any case, it is regrettable that there are people who enter private Instagram accounts of minors and then use their photos and videos.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Is it an optical illusion in photographs or is Leonor missing teeth on the sides? If so, I'm surprised that no one has fixed them. JMHO.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Is it an optical illusion in photographs or is Leonor missing teeth on the sides? If so, I'm surprised that no one has fixed them. JMHO.
I have wondered about Leonor’s teeth before as well. My daughter was missing two teeth (lateral incisors) and dentists told us it was a genetic condition (thanks to her dad). She had braces to put the other teeth in place and wore a natural looking retainer with two teeth attached in her teens. She had to wait until she stopped growing -she was 21 or 22 - before they did implants. Her teeth are beautiful now but she was quite self conscious when she was younger. I wonder if Leonor has a similar condition?
Old 10-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm looking at her pictures smiling and I don't see it.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Those were old pictures.

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/na...?adppopup=true

It seems to have been done while she was away at school, or while she would be away at school. Most likely because either her teeth were too crowded, or she did not lose her juvenile ones for some reason and they were pulled. Either way, she's rocking the look rather confidently these days.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Those were old pictures.

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/na...?adppopup=true

It seems to have been done while she was away at school, or while she would be away at school. Most likely because either her teeth were too crowded, or she did not lose her juvenile ones for some reason and they were pulled. Either way, she's rocking the look rather confidently these days.
Thanks, I see the missing tooth now. I never wore braces, but doesn't the dentist have to create a gap in the back to fit them in? In this day and age, I don't think that would be the case. Another cause is if it was her last 'baby teeth' left to fall out?
Old 10-28-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
I have wondered about Leonor’s teeth before as well. My daughter was missing two teeth (lateral incisors) and dentists told us it was a genetic condition (thanks to her dad). She had braces to put the other teeth in place and wore a natural looking retainer with two teeth attached in her teens. She had to wait until she stopped growing -she was 21 or 22 - before they did implants. Her teeth are beautiful now but she was quite self conscious when she was younger. I wonder if Leonor has a similar condition?

It seems her teeth are being stubborn and not coming down. But in images from today it shows at least the left one is starting to make its appearance and brackets have been added to help it move into place as it comes down.

On instagram from the account letizia_de_princesa_a_reina (who says she is an orthodontist) has a good picture in her stories where the brackets can be seen.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, I was surprised to see this morning in the news two separate mentions on Princess Leonor and her attraction for a certain sports figure called Pablo Gavi who is 18 years old.

Anyone across the ocean in Europe knows about this all of the sudden news? Leonor even had her dad, King Felipe, bring home a signed shirt just from Gavi?

Old 12-14-2022, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

From few hrs ago:

And on who is 18 year old Pablo Gavi:

https://www.hola.com/us/celebrities/...i-world-cup-1/
Old 12-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's just fake news... the yellow press that is bored and needs to make up news.

Surely they have never seen each other, Leonor is studying for the second year in Wales and this boy plays in Barcelona, their lives will never have crossed.

The players signed a shirt to the king, as the shirt was small in size they made up the news... but Sofia is the one who likes soccer and who plays soccer, so it is more likely that it was a gift for her .
Old 12-14-2022, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Lula! Gracias!

And my hopes for a nice royal romance story to end this year gets crushed