The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía, News Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...o-princesa-leonor/00031454235933038270671.htm

Casa Real declined the request of the city of Cervera, that Princess Leonor should renounce the title Countess of Cervera.
The request was submitted in June 2014, arguing that Cervera does not feel represented by an "anachronistic and outdated" Monarchy.
The city had already submitted a request when Felipe was Count of Cervera but back then Casa Real had ignored the request.

The girls don't seem to embrace sailing, either.
Of course it's Letizia's fault ;)

According to press, sometimes they travel to European ski resorts to ski... so really we can not know if the girls are learning to ski or not.

Pilar Eyre writes in her column that Queen Sofia complained in Greece to a german cousin that she only rarely sees Leonor and Sofia because Letizia's mother is always around.
]

Sadly quite a common problem amongst some families. It is very sad if it is true, Queen Sofia would be a huge force of good in both of their lives not just personally but also with regard to their future Royal roles.

Pilar Eyre, is the female version of Peñafiel, she has left LOC and this is her first article in a gossip magazine, so she needed a "bomb" that her new job had impact.

Whenever she says family intimacies always uses the resource of the German cousin of Queen Sofia, whose name is never given, but always informs Pilar Eyre all the intimate secrets of Sofia. It is unlikely that cousin exists, or if she ever existed has the confidence of Sofia being so indiscreet.

Paloma Rocasolano is a very discreet woman, in this photo of a private family visit to the ballet in January, you can see the Royal Family (including Queen Sofia and Irene Urdangarin) with the dancers, as she waits quietly in the background.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011O1459501457608380

Queen Sofia loves her grandchildren and enjoys spending time with them, but one thing is that and another actively collaborate in their daily care, that is the role of Paloma or Claire (the mother of Iñaki).

I would be cautious in giving this article any importance. I guess the writer took advantage of the little public diplay both girls are subjected to. Given how discreet queen Sofia has always ben though, I doubt very much that she would make such a faux pas as to reveal private information like this to "talkative" person, whether it might be tru or not.

I'd be very skeptical regarding that article and perhaps Pilar Eyre might enlighten us on who is this German cousin?

Bekia is a website that copies information from other media, sometimes with errors, in this case newspaper where they have copied information.

The article on Leonor and the cello has been published by the newspaper La Razon.

Leonor, la reina del violonchelo

Not the first time this newspaper publishes this information, it seems that she has chosen that instrument for school music classes.

In November, the family went to a cello concert in Madrid.

Exclusiva CHANCE: Los Reyes y sus hijas rendidas a la magia del violonchelo

Do all schools in Spain require children to choose a musical instrument to learn?

Bekia is a website that copies information from other media, sometimes with errors, in this case newspaper where they have copied information.

The article on Leonor and the cello has been published by the newspaper La Razon.

Leonor, la reina del violonchelo

Not the first time this newspaper publishes this information, it seems that she has chosen that instrument for school music classes.

In November, the family went to a cello concert in Madrid.

Exclusiva CHANCE: Los Reyes y sus hijas rendidas a la magia del violonchelo

Thank you for that, lula (and An Ard Ri for the original post :)). I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.

Thank you for that, lula (and An Ard Ri for the original post :)). I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.

Not only nice, but such a richly deep beautifully sounding instrument at that. One of my favourite instruments to listen to, as well as meditate to, as it's so relaxing to listen to.

IMHO, as well as deeply biased, Leonor has chosen very, very well. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.

I believe Infanta Margarita is a gifted pianist and loves all type of music.

I'm glad Leonor will be a future Spanish queen in her own right. I really don't like the Salic Law. She seems a very poised girl, IMO.

Sofia and her are close. No doubt she's and will always be a very supportive person to Leonor. ☺

The girls have grown so much – especially Sofia. They could almost pass for fraternal twins.

I don't think the girls looks alike. Aside from the straight blonde hair, one looks like Letizia, while the other (Sofia) has taken after th Borbon side. But the both look like sweet, poised girls.

nice to see them, and also to see elena's kids. victoria federica is very tall now!

I cannot tell Leonor and Sofia apart at all. To me, they look very much alike. In any case, they're very lovely girls and it's great to see them enjoying the summer with their family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think the girls looks alike. Aside from the straight blonde hair, one looks like Letizia, while the other (Sofia) has taken after th Borbon side. But the both look like sweet, poised girls.

I agree with you, totally different girls. IMO Leonor is Letizia in terms of not being big boned and strong, like Borbon, she has more delicate features, but from the face, especially eyes and mouth she is all Felipe / face shape Sofia sr. (Felipe looks like his mother too). Leonor will have the Borbon type of nose.

Sofia is more Borbon, like Cristina, she'll be the more classical beauty.

I agree with you, totally different girls. IMO Leonor is Letizia in terms of not being big boned and strong, like Borbon, she has more delicate features, but from the face, especially eyes and mouth she is all Felipe / face shape Sofia sr. (Felipe looks like his mother too). Leonor will have the Borbon type of nose.

Sofia is more Borbon, like Cristina, she'll be the more classical beauty.

I think people get mixed up because of theri hair. But I don't see any resemblance in their traits. Really. Two different sides of the family.:flowers:

Yes, I see where you are coming from. I think too that Leonor has more a classic beauty, while Sofia has the modern prettyness...

If this was a comment to my post, fraternal twins aren't necessarily copies of each other (essentially fraternal twins are like any other pair of siblings only born almost at the same time) ;) I personally don't have a difficult time telling Leonor and Sofía apart but what with both of them being blonde and almost the same height, they could definitely pass for fraternal twins – especially, as GracieGiraffe said, for people not in the know.

It would be lovely to have a winter photoshoot at some ski resort in the Pyrenees, but I shouldn't get my hopes high.

I wonder if the girls are also getting private lessons of Catalan and/or Euskera. It wouldn't make those communities feel more monarchist or Spanish anyway but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom