The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía, News Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the wonderful reception Leonor got and what a confident young royal lady.

Leonor seemed a bit nervous which is natural. But other than that, she did so well. The people were also supporting her, and she waved at them for several times ;)

Also, despite wearing a mask, she was clearly smiling all the time. It seems that she really enjoyed her first official solo event. Perhaps, we are going to see a few more solo events this year, before she goes to Wales.

People I know who have conversed with King Felipe always commented on how warm, interested and charismatic he comes across. I get the feeling Leonor will be the same. She was a bit nervous but that makes her more endearing, and she actually looks eager to do the job, so that's a credit to her parents and how comfortable they've made her feel about her role.

From the videos I have watched I think Leonor did a great job - she is a credit to both of her parents.

The Princess of Asturias would make any parent and kingdom proud.

I think Leonor did very well, growing up with great teachers like her parents or her grandmother. Maybe she was a bit nervous, but it didn't really show and she'll be a professional in no time. Her father is the best role model, he doesn't have days off or at least never shows it.

I liked the outfit as well, a mixture between teenager and adult.

I saw no signs of nervousness. She did well- like we knew she would!

What is the significance of her putting the books in the locker?

i felt her a bit shy and as if she didn't engage much with her guests, but overall she seemed to do great, i assume it is no easy feat to be in the spotlight for the first time.

I am very proud of my princess. Her smile reaches her eyes. She is sweet, beautiful, smart, and ready to embrace her future. For me it is very special and today is a day of great pride for all Spaniards. She will be a great queen!
Her voice has changed and her diction and her way of mastering language, she is exactly like her mother. She will be amazing.

She appears to have a sense of humility and appreciation for her role. Very impressive. The perfect combination of her parents. Felipe and Letizia must be bursting with pride.

I believe the future Queens of Europe will set quite a standard, and I think Leonor, in particular, may become the standard by which all future monarchs are judged. JMHO.

Congratulations to the Princess of Asturias on her first solo public engagement, which I think she carried out beautifully and with great charm, dignity and professionalism. I imagine she will have felt nervous, but I do hope the warmth of the greetings she got gave her some confidence.

I saw no signs of nervousness. She did well- like we knew she would!

What is the significance of her putting the books in the locker?

They are symbols for history. She deposits two books in the "Caja de las Letras"("Letter´s box") in the vault of the Instituto Cervantes to serve as a witness to history

The Instituto Cervantes has a vault in where many writers and public figures have deposited books and manuscripts to form a time capsule. The future queen received the box number 2021 to deposit the book Don Quixote that she read with her sister last year, and the copy of our Constitution that she read in her first public act.

Last edited:
Leonor did a wonderful job! She looked so happy to be there. Due to the masks it was difficult to tell if she was talking much to her hosts or the people she met. When it was time to leave, her wave was not as natural as I’ve seen it before. Very poised and professional - delightful!

Loved her hair, dress, lovely smile in her eyes. So glad she didn’t look 18 or older. I am curious: at what age is it acceptable for teens to wear makeup? Not that Leonor needs any, I am just wondering about the customs in Spain.

Her parents must be very proud of her. What a beautiful, confident young lady.

Letizia got so much criticism about how she raised those girls (some saying they were too shielded, others saying she was too strict and not "warm" enough) yet Leonor did so well yesterday. Really happy that it all went well and she seemed so happy through it all.

My she has grown! To think she'll be 18 in almost 2 years :ohmy:

The current Crown Princesses are a force to be reckoned with!

Leonor did so well when she made a question with a mic. She sounded nervous, but she spoke without any sheet of paper. It reminded me of my days in College, trying to speak out loud without any sheet of paper or guidance (I was always so nervous on the inside but tried my best to speak without breaks).

Infanta Sofía will receive military training, like her sister, Princess Leonor.

According to reliable sources consulted by "Monarquia Confidencial", the novelty is that his sister, the Infanta Sofía, will also receive a military training, similar to that given to Leonor, something that did not happen, for example, with the sisters of Felipe de Borbón, the infantas Elena and Cristina. La Zarzuela considers that the person who is "number two" in the succession to the Crown must also receive a specific and complete training, and in this case including the military aspect.
https://monarquia.elconfidencialdig...litar-igual-hermana/20210414164725066937.html

Leonor did a wonderful job! She looked so happy to be there. Due to the masks it was difficult to tell if she was talking much to her hosts or the people she met. When it was time to leave, her wave was not as natural as I’ve seen it before. Very poised and professional - delightful!

Loved her hair, dress, lovely smile in her eyes. So glad she didn’t look 18 or older. I am curious: at what age is it acceptable for teens to wear makeup? Not that Leonor needs any, I am just wondering about the customs in Spain.

Honestly, I think everyone has a different opinion.
In my experience it is unusual for school girls to wear make-up during the day (and a private school like Leonor's would almost surely forbid its students from wearing any make-up to school)
They usually start applying a little make-up when they start going out with friends on Friday and Saturday (early evening) or their first parties.

I don't think it would be weird if she started wearing a little make-up in a few months or so, especially in evening events (but it would be completely normal too if she didn't)

Last edited:
Infanta Sofía will receive military training, like her sister, Princess Leonor.

According to reliable sources consulted by "Monarquia Confidencial", the novelty is that his sister, the Infanta Sofía, will also receive a military training, similar to that given to Leonor, something that did not happen, for example, with the sisters of Felipe de Borbón, the infantas Elena and Cristina. La Zarzuela considers that the person who is "number two" in the succession to the Crown must also receive a specific and complete training, and in this case including the military aspect.
https://monarquia.elconfidencialdig...litar-igual-hermana/20210414164725066937.html
But nothing has been confirmed about Leonor's military training...It seems per that article that it will be taken around the same time as her University studies. The military training will be complemented and compatible with her other activities.

But nothing has been confirmed about Leonor's military training...It seems per that article that it will be taken around the same time as her University studies. The military training will be complemented and compatible with her other activities.

This seems like a sensible approach.

Princess Leonor will be the godmother of the new submarine Isaac Peral (S-81); The queen the king and the infanta Sofía will be present, who want to accompany her in this first event with a military character.
The event will take place next Thursday 22 at the Navantia facilities, Cartagena (Murcia)

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real...no-isaac-peral-s-81-202104170711_noticia.html

https://elpais.com/espana/2021-04-1...-del-nuevo-submarino-espanol-isaac-peral.html

Apparently, it can be seen on the YouTube channel of the Spanish Royal House

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DIwkg2oz6N7_ZVzUG3prA

When Thursday approaches, casa real will give us the exact address of the video that I imagine will be a direct, but until Wednesday we will not know more ...

Last edited:
:previous: While reading a Billed Bladet article about this upcoming event, I noticed this photo in the article: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

What struck me is that now (and all of a sudden IMO) you can clearly tell by their facial features that they are no longer children, but teens.
And it's also a good photo. Being pseudo twins, they also look like twins.

Leo is almost 15 and a half, so it's to be hoped she no longer looks completely like a child at this point, despite the super-conservative and sheltered upbringing. And Sofia has always looked (not sounded) a touch older than her.

It's not really "news", but Leonor and Sofia also happen to be a Scorpio and a Taurus - what are even known as paired, "sister" signs! Polar opposites in a lot of ways but with a very strong bond. Astrology bears out the way they have stuck together... now we see what happens when they're in different countries.

Edit: Here's what I mean about sister signs. https://www.yourtango.com/2017303285/who-your-zodiac-sister-sign In this case they happen to be actual sisters. :flowers:
https://astrologyanswers.com/article/sister-sign-compatibility-can-opposites-really-attract/ This explains Taurus/Scorpio a little better.

Last edited:
Leo is almost 15 and a half, so it's to be hoped she no longer looks completely like a child at this point, despite the super-conservative and sheltered upbringing. And Sofia has always looked (not sounded) a touch older than her.

It's not really "news", but Leonor and Sofia also happen to be a Scorpio and a Taurus - what are even known as paired, "sister" signs! Polar opposites in a lot of ways but with a very strong bond. Astrology bears out the way they have stuck together... now we see what happens when they're in different countries.

Becoming teens and not being genuine twins will of course result in them looking more different as they grow, but being apart will reinforce it.
Leonor in particular will develop, both in style and in looks IMO. Partly because she will be away from home and stand on her own two feet - becoming more independent in every way but also because she will receive different input and being influenced by others than her parents. So I think Leonor in only a year from now, will look distinctly "older" than Sofia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom