The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 04-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,548
Obviously she will have a university career and can even study abroad.
We don't know if the King has decided that Sofia can belong the whole life of the Royal House. Felipe may have changed those rules too.
What is certain is that Sofia will have her life and very limited choices.
We're talking about something that's only going to happen in the long run. Leonor may not get married, or she may not have children, and then Sofia would play a more important role.
Felipe or later Leonor may decide that Sofia will continue to belong to the Royal House.
__________________

__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 04-27-2020, 04:38 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
Felipe vI and Queen Letizia have worked tirelessly; That has only been done by them, no other king. The royal house has a special communication policy regarding its princesses. But when Leonor and Sofia appear, it has to be with an important message, with a deep and powerful message. It is not enough to go out one day to applaud. Leonor and Sofia do something much more important: they speak to the nation. And really, they are the best. No other prince or princess has the level to do that. Leonor and Sofia yes. But what I don't understand is that two girls are criticized, from my point of view absurd criticism, and as if they were adults. They are girls and they do it perfectly. They are adorable and you will find very few people in Spain who do not find them beautiful, intelligent and divine. Two angels with a precious message. Others just applaud. They get involved. Leonor will be a very well prepared queen and Sofia will be a fundamental support. Spain loves its two princesses: Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia
Exactly. I don't know what people expect from two girls who are both under 15 - and, on top of that, as you have pointed out, the Spanish RF have always been much more serious and reserved than the rest of Europe's royal families (they are probably more on a par with the British RF in terms of their serious characteristics), the rest of whom are mostly pretty casual and relaxed.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 04-27-2020, 05:22 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Obviously she will have a university career and can even study abroad.
We don't know if the King has decided that Sofia can belong the whole life of the Royal House. Felipe may have changed those rules too.
What is certain is that Sofia will have her life and very limited choices.
We're talking about something that's only going to happen in the long run. Leonor may not get married, or she may not have children, and then Sofia would play a more important role.
Felipe or later Leonor may decide that Sofia will continue to belong to the Royal House.
Well, I would hope that Felipe is does not give his daughters preferential treatment over his sisters. From the start of his reign, he is presenting himself as impartial and with very high ethics standards. Changing the rules for his own daughter would show that he does NOT apply them when it pleases him. I don't believe he is that inconsistent.

And unfortunately, history makes it clear that we do not know when the time may come. All of us hope that the time that Leonor is taking over is a long time from now but that isn't guaranteed. He can be taken ill (a real possibility these days I'm afraid) or have an accident (as the crown prince of Bulgaria had) and things would look quite differently suddenly.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 04-27-2020, 05:42 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,548
Yes it's true things can change quickly.
We also don't know what choices Sofia will make for her life.
But I believe she will for a few years work for the royal house, at least until her sister is Queen.
We must not forget that Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess Margaret of the United Kingdom or the sisters of Princess Beatrix and the sisters of the King of Sweden, as I know, never had a job. Sofia can have a life just like these princesses did. Sofia can support your sister and dedicate yourself to the royal house and support charitable causes.
She can hardly have a job like her aunts did.
And King Juan Carlos' sisters, for example, never had a job.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 04-28-2020, 12:55 AM
Reinosa's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 55
Lovely video. Both girls are beautiful, but I am in love with Sofía.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 04-28-2020, 02:23 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Yes it's true things can change quickly.
We also don't know what choices Sofia will make for her life.
But I believe she will for a few years work for the royal house, at least until her sister is Queen.
We must not forget that Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess Margaret of the United Kingdom or the sisters of Princess Beatrix and the sisters of the King of Sweden, as I know, never had a job. Sofia can have a life just like these princesses did. Sofia can support your sister and dedicate yourself to the royal house and support charitable causes.
She can hardly have a job like her aunts did.
And King Juan Carlos' sisters, for example, never had a job.
At this time and place, this would never go down with the public. The SRF has their own case of the old royal world, the Queen's sister, Princess Irene, has lived in Spain for decades and nobody ever raised the question who pays for her upkeeping? Does she pay rent? Zarzuela is no private property. Nobody really knows and nobody will really care because this is the old world and Juan Carlos has other problems on his doorstep that are much more interesting.

Sofia will have to earn her living, either doing events for the royal house or with a regular job that has to be squeaky clean with regard to nepotism. It has to pay well but she has to be qualified to hold it. Or she marries a royal or a billionaire, good for her.
We must not forget that all of Felipe's sisters and brothers in law have held or still hold jobs that they would never hold without Juan Carlos' blessing. Both sisters make a lot more money on their jobs than their qualifications would suggest, and I won't even get started on their husbands and their jobs at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 04-28-2020, 02:43 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Yes it's true things can change quickly.
We also don't know what choices Sofia will make for her life.
But I believe she will for a few years work for the royal house, at least until her sister is Queen.
We must not forget that Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess Margaret of the United Kingdom or the sisters of Princess Beatrix and the sisters of the King of Sweden, as I know, never had a job. Sofia can have a life just like these princesses did. Sofia can support your sister and dedicate yourself to the royal house and support charitable causes.
She can hardly have a job like her aunts did.
And King Juan Carlos' sisters, for example, never had a job.
Princess Christina worked as the Chairman of the Swedish Red Cross for nine year and got a salary at least on the three last years.
"Christina Magnusson received no severance pay from the Red Cross when she quit as chairperson in 2002. However, as chairperson she received fees during her last three years as chairperson for a total of SEK 1,738,463."
Prinsessan blev miljonär på sin tid i Röda Korset _ Staffan Heimerson _ Kolumnister _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
But it is not so long ago that it was a purely voluntary work to be chairman of the Red Cross. It was during Princess Christina Magnusson's time in the 1990s that a salary was introduced.
De vinner på välgörenheten - Fokus
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 04-28-2020, 05:15 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I agree that I have a personal preference (which surely shines through). But I'm not making claims that the royal family of country X is doing better in all ways than all other countries.

I have for example no clue which monarch works hardest. It seems they all work hard (probably the younger generation doing a bit more than the older generation - but they have the advantage of having adult heirs) and try to do the best they can with the limitations they have based on their countries policies.
Ergh, I guess I will greatly disagree. And this is not esentially directed at you but, what are we doing here but being lectured at literally several better ways to handle royal kiss and teens approach to this situation than the one the SRF has chosen? To point out that behaviour from one member when that is literally our everyday routine is kind of funny and one-sided.

I will agree, however, that making such comparisond come in especially bad taste (even more than the usual bad taste I've come to expect, I say) due to the current COVID drama, but then again that's what my very first message was all about. So glad we've come full-circle now.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 04-28-2020, 05:26 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
At this time and place, this would never go down with the public. The SRF has their own case of the old royal world, the Queen's sister, Princess Irene, has lived in Spain for decades and nobody ever raised the question who pays for her upkeeping? Does she pay rent? Zarzuela is no private property. Nobody really knows and nobody will really care because this is the old world and Juan Carlos has other problems on his doorstep that are much more interesting.

Sofia will have to earn her living, either doing events for the royal house or with a regular job that has to be squeaky clean with regard to nepotism. It has to pay well but she has to be qualified to hold it. Or she marries a royal or a billionaire, good for her.
We must not forget that all of Felipe's sisters and brothers in law have held or still hold jobs that they would never hold without Juan Carlos' blessing. Both sisters make a lot more money on their jobs than their qualifications would suggest, and I won't even get started on their husbands and their jobs at the time.
No, no one's ever asked anything about Princess Irene living in Zarzuela. She, from what is known, has her savings and has security paid for by the Royal House.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 04-28-2020, 08:15 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Ergh, I guess I will greatly disagree. And this is not esentially directed at you but, what are we doing here but being lectured at literally several better ways to handle royal kiss and teens approach to this situation than the one the SRF has chosen? To point out that behaviour from one member when that is literally our everyday routine is kind of funny and one-sided.

I will agree, however, that making such comparisond come in especially bad taste (even more than the usual bad taste I've come to expect, I say) due to the current COVID drama, but then again that's what my very first message was all about. So glad we've come full-circle now.
The only reason I pointed it out was because the Spanish royals were claimed to be the best in how they handled the Corona crisis compared to their colleagues based on assumptions on 'how hard they work' which greatly diminishes all the work done by the other royal houses in this crisis. Had it only been about 'I like how the princesses give a short speech; it would be nice if other royal families would do that as well', I would not have made that comment.

But let me leave at at that; I hope I've been able to clarify the reasoning behind my original comment

In general, it is nice to see how the younger generation of the various royal families is included to support their country in this time of need.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 09-11-2020, 04:35 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,548
Princess Leonor and her colleagues will be quarantined for 14 days at home after a colleague tested positive for Covid-19.
The information was confirmed by the Royal House.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...positivo-covid
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 09-11-2020, 05:40 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,189
I can presume it's safe to say Leonor isn't the pupil in question. I hope the pupil who does have Coronavirus recovers quickly!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 09-12-2020, 01:39 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Princess Leonor and her colleagues will be quarantined for 14 days at home after a colleague tested positive for Covid-19.
The information was confirmed by the Royal House.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...positivo-covid

Does she have to quarantine in any case. Also if a test of her will be negative?
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-12-2020, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
But in "modern Spain" the Infantas loose their royal position as the focus is entirely on the King, Queen and their children. Seen Doña Pilar, see Doña Margarita, see Doña Elena, see Doña Cristina. As sisters of the King they ceased to be members of the Casa Real. When Doña Leonor is Queen, her sister Doña Sofía will cease to be a member of the Casa Real.
That is what has happened so far, but things change very quickly and each king works in a different way. If Leonor needs Sofía, she will not push her away and will always have a job by her side, for the crown.
I suppose you know what a "infante de Gracia" is, which is usually named for kinship, gratitude, or need for help. Having an infanta already, and such a small family, I particularly believe that Sofia will always be linked to the crown unless she married someone who made her leave the Crown or that she herself married another future king ( there's not much chance of that happening as there is only one future king his age).
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Does she have to quarantine in any case. Also if a test of her will be negative?

Yes, she and all the students in her class must remain in quarantine for 15 days
And it is logical because the period of manifestation of the virus can take up to 10-14 days to manifest

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
That is what has happened so far, but things change very quickly and each king works in a different way. If Leonor needs Sofía, she will not push her away and will always have a job by her side, for the crown.
I suppose you know what a "infante de Gracia" is, which is usually named for kinship, gratitude, or need for help. Having an infanta already, and such a small family, I particularly believe that Sofia will always be linked to the crown unless she married someone who made her leave the Crown or that she herself married another future king ( there's not much chance of that happening as there is only one future king his age).
At that specific moment in life, in history, the Infantas Margarita and Pilar had no opportunity since they made morganatic marriages, which will not happen after the approval of the 1978 Constitution.
They could never have continued to be part of the royal family, but they have attended events on behalf of the Royal Household and surely the king emeritus paid them for their work.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,495
Just curious was there an option to home school children in Spain?

I don't know how many children are in the girl's classroom or how often they are tested but if this keeps happening the whole academic year could be thrown off.
What a headache this coronavirus has turned out to be!
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-12-2020, 05:25 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Just curious was there an option to home school children in Spain?

I don't know how many children are in the girl's classroom or how often they are tested but if this keeps happening the whole academic year could be thrown off.
What a headache this coronavirus has turned out to be!
Before April children in Spain weren't allowed to leave their homes at all, so homeschooling was a must. Even when they were allowed to go outside again in April, schools were still shut and I presume they remained shut until this month.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 09-16-2020, 03:10 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,548
The Princess of Asturias gives negative to the Covid. as announced on today afternoon the Palace of Zarzuela. However, the Royal House has added that the Princess Leonor will comply with the quarantine, on a preventive basis.

Princess Leonor underwent a PCR test after a classmate tested positive for Covid last Friday.

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real/...8_noticia.html
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old Today, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Swarzedz, Poland
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
If Leonor needs Sofía, she will not push her away and will always have a job by her side, for the crown.
There's also a slight possibility of Leonor not being married, or being married without children, which makes Sofia the heiress and that would surely mean "being close to the crown".
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014 dazzling Current Events Archive 310 06-21-2014 04:47 AM
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010 LadyK Current Events Archive 397 12-25-2010 07:50 AM
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 3: November 2007 - June 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 190 06-18-2008 07:24 PM
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2007 - November 2007 Anna_R Current Events Archive 187 11-29-2007 10:30 AM
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 1: April - July 2007 Anna_R Current Events Archive 269 07-03-2007 12:57 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones bangladesh baptism british royals chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up danish history dragons dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals family tree games haakon vii hill history house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau imperial household interesting introduction israel jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander list of rulers mailing maxima mbs nepal nepalese royal family nobel prize norway history prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince daniel princely family of monaco princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth pronunciation queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family startling new evidence thailand tracts unsubscribe videos visit from sweden wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×