The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2020, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes I agree also weren't they wonderful,Felipe and Letizia must be so proud.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Commoner

Remarkable and beautiful young Ladies.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

That was very well done by both girls; it's lovely to see them participating in this way.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:46 PM
Majesty

it was needed - F&L got a lot of criticism for not getting their daughters involved in supporting the country in what is being a really trying time for the spain.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

The video was looong overdue.

We have seen the Cambridge kids clap for Healthcare workers on multiple occasions, the Dutch triple A girls, the Belgian royal kids dropped off pastries to nursing homes...etc.

Given that Spain has one of the highest cases of Coronavirus and the staggering death toll- I was looking to see more social involvement from then than other countries. The only thing I have seen is Infanta Elena doing a virtual concert. Leonor and Sofia could have been videotaped clapping for Healthcare workers, reading stories for children, or saying thanks as they finally did in the video 2 days ago.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:19 PM
Majesty

To be honest Lenore and Sophia are like collectors trophies kept under glass where the realities of life do not touch them. It makes them somewhat stilted and robotic.

In a country as hard hit as Spain, I would have loved and really the entire SRF to visibly reach out to their people just as much as I expected the Princess of Asturias and Princess Sophia would reach out to the children of Spain and the world, acknowledging that these are scary times.

The opportunity to empathise and let them know that even princesses get scared and reminding then that is easier when you share with your family, even if it's only by phone Skype or zoom.

Much as Britain's two little princesses made a radio broadcast to their peers. during WWII.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

You people can't make a single positive comment even if there are thousands dying, can you?

Good lord
Old 04-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked Leonor and Sofia's message. They're always so polite. I believe that as long as the pandemic lasts, they should still appear a few more times.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I liked Leonor and Sofia's message. They're always so polite. I believe that as long as the pandemic lasts, they should still appear a few more times.
Each country reacts differently and in their own way and time. A young person's speech is a lot more affective than people clapping weekly. People helping in food kitchens wonderful. Others giving money to people in real need to pay their bills brilliant if possible. I don't believe we should compare one country to another or their people's contributions. I am sure many things are done which we know nothing about and not our business. JMO
Old 04-26-2020, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia is a pretty cool customer. There is no visible age difference between the girls.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
You people can't make a single positive comment even if there are thousands dying, can you?

Good lord
I agree and think it's unfair to critique - these are extraordinary times. Leonor and Sofia are also still minors, so it also seems particularly harsh to criticise them IMO. As long as the royals are using their platforms to do something or at least raise awareness, that's all that matters IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-26-2020, 10:34 PM
Majesty

I have no negatives about Lenore and Sophia. I merely wish they appeared comfortable and at ease in public.

The only spontaneous behaviour I have ever seen was the great Easter debacle where they got caught in the middle between their mother and grandmother.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

Felipe vI and Queen Letizia have worked tirelessly; That has only been done by them, no other king. The royal house has a special communication policy regarding its princesses. But when Leonor and Sofia appear, it has to be with an important message, with a deep and powerful message. It is not enough to go out one day to applaud. Leonor and Sofia do something much more important: they speak to the nation. And really, they are the best. No other prince or princess has the level to do that. Leonor and Sofia yes. But what I don't understand is that two girls are criticized, from my point of view absurd criticism, and as if they were adults. They are girls and they do it perfectly. They are adorable and you will find very few people in Spain who do not find them beautiful, intelligent and divine. Two angels with a precious message. Others just applaud. They get involved. Leonor will be a very well prepared queen and Sofia will be a fundamental support. Spain loves its two princesses: Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia
Old 04-27-2020, 01:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have no negatives about Lenore and Sophia. I merely wish they appeared comfortable and at ease in public.

The only spontaneous behaviour I have ever seen was the great Easter debacle where they got caught in the middle between their mother and grandmother.

They are princesses, not daughters of Hollywood actors, nor models of magazine covers. Our royal house is very serious and takes everything seriously. Work is work for adults and children, because it is the only way that they are then prepared. Letizia and Felipe were not united by sports, nor money, nor ... They were united by love and a taste for things well done. That way they will educate their daughters. Without artifice. They are two princesses, not two movie stars. And they are the best because seeing other princes and princesses, right now I only see children playing at being famous. Nothing else. Even the Belgian heiress who continues studying when at her age she should be at the University at least ... but not a message to her country ???? And I really like the Belgian royal family because they closely resemble the concept of our Spanish royal family, but in this crisis it is pure marketing ... and they teach us their confinement in their great and wonderful palace and garden when everyone is confined in a few meters ... What I mean is that who could have done more, because Elizabeth is older, has not done it. And the smallest of the heirs and heir, yes it has.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

Good lord
I have always said that Leonor and Sofía, especially Leonor, is too perfect for criticism to come soon. Human condition. I was sure, but that does not bother me, it makes me feel that only what is worth much is criticized. The insignificant or bother to criticize it.: flores:
Old 04-27-2020, 01:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Not every child is comfortable in front of crowds. Being royal doesn't automatically make you ready for the camera. Having hundreds of cameras and thousands of people watching them is certainly intimidating for most people. They have both shown far more comfort in the past few years as they have gotten older.

What kind of 'spontaneous behavior' do you want to see? They are not little children who are going to be running around. They are old enough to know what is expected of them when we see them at official photo calls and such. They do show smiles and more natural teen/adolescent sides in their down time photos like when we see photos snagged on summer or such.

They have made this video. And they also read a passage from Don Quioxte. Honestly while the volume of appearances by the Cambridges may be more, the Quality of the Spanish princesses certainly is more.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:11 AM
Commoner

Wow; it's bad enough when female royals are constantly put into competition with one another but now we're comparing and contrasting and criticising CHILDREN?

Please stop.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes, the only time you saw them behaving spontantly was the only time they were not behaving LOL. From this to the Marie Chantal mantra of "that is their true face" there is only one small step, I keep waiting

I think the girls and especially Leonor have showed enough that they are more than ready and confortable with their public role, much more IMO than most of their age's counterpars who "behave more naturally" (translation: funny messy behaviour, of course). I can't think of many other royal kids that would have recorded a ditect message, eye to camera, with the self-confidence and strenght that L&S have done. Of course, they have opted for other more child-like approach like cute conversations, videos washing hands or clapping. Nothing wrong with that, and of course nothing wrong with the SRH going for a more mature content with L&S while they are clearly ready and up for that.

I think it gets harder and harder to mantain that old wish of some people in this forum which used to constantly imply that, as soon as they started their public roles, we all could witness how the many carences the royal education F&L gave to their daughters would show up. Alas, that is not happening, but I guess some will carry on with that argument to the very end. Sadly, from what I have learned about life, I tend to share janelarn's view that a girl who does things the right way and plus of all is also beautiful, always will have that constant scrutiny to highlight the only thing she might do wrong in a sea of good. Happens in every level, let's be honest.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:04 AM
Courtier

I liked the simple, thankful message from the girls.

It's interesting to hear their voices. They are young and sounded so.
It would be odd if they seemed experienced at speaking about a devastating pandemic.
Everyone in Spain possibly knows someone directly effected by the virus. It is terrible that people have to cope with the fear of it.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I liked the simple, thankful message from the girls.
Wasn't it just wonderful.

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias