The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Interesting, it seems that Leonor and Sofia's time at the summer camp last year was a success if they're returning this year too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting, it seems that Leonor and Sofia's time at the summer camp last year was a success if they're returning this year too.

Probably their parents see it as an opportunity for the girls to improve their English skills. Having an English-speaking governess would be more effective in my opinion, but maybe that suggestion wouldn't sit well with the Spaniards.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Courtier

"English speaking governess" sounds a bit like we're talking about 100 years ago.

Apart from practicing English I imagine a big draw would be the chance to spend some extended time with kids their age from a different culture who don't care that they're princesses of Spain all that much. And doing all the fun camp activities that are why regular kids go as well.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Probably their parents see it as an opportunity for the girls to improve their English skills. Having an English-speaking governess would be more effective in my opinion, but maybe that suggestion wouldn't sit well with the Spaniards.

I am pretty sure they have an english speaking governess at home since the day they were born. Leonor and Sofia will have grown up as native english speakers, it has been mentioned in the media a long time ago. They are also reported to speak english with their grandmother.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I couldn't think of a better (or more appropriate) word. Besides, monarchy is an archaic institution that belongs 100 years ago anyway , so I don't mind sounding old-fashioned when talking about royals.
So the republic is also archaic because it has been around for over 100 years.

Sorry but I could not resist.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

The Spanish media is now pointing out how a little shy Leonor is compared to her sister Sofia as seen on her body language and the tone of her voice. This is right after their hospital visit to their grandfather King Emeritus Juan Carlos I.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...sofia_2197351/
https://translate.google.com/transla...1/&prev=search

Old 08-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Leonor and Sofia resembles each other so much. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to recognise who is Leonor and who is Sofia.

They are so lovely young girls. Felipe and Letizia can be very proud of them.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Leonor has blue eyes, Sofia brown. And Leonor's teeth look more childish than her younger sister's. The first thing is seen usually with good zoomed photos, but the second is better seen as they almost always smile widely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Leonor and Sofia resembles each other so much. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to recognise who is Leonor and who is Sofia.

They are so lovely young girls. Felipe and Letizia can be very proud of them.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Leonor, among the rising stars of 2020
The British newspaper "The Times" highlights that the Heiress "grew up" at the Princess of Girona awards in Catalonia
https://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci...8_noticia.html

With the king

https://twitter.com/jj_labrada/statu...37946129813510
Old 01-05-2020, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
Princess Leonor, among the rising stars of 2020
The British newspaper "The Times" highlights that the Heiress "grew up" at the Princess of Girona awards in Catalonia
https://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci...8_noticia.html
Here is the original article:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rising-stars-twenty-faces-to-look-out-for-in-2020-kwcmc8mzf
Old 01-05-2020, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

I am so proud of the Princess being the youngest and only royal on the list. 2019 wasn't just an ordinary year for her. It made me more connected to her as a modern royal. She really is someone to look forward to and someone to look up to.

I am so excited on the advocacies she will be highlighting and supporting in the upcoming years. Such a charismatic and intelligent young royal.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Thanks very much
She is really a charismatic, beautiful and intelligent princess
Old 01-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well done Leonor - this is a fantastic achievement!

Old 03-07-2020, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

A student of Princess Leonor's school, infected with coronavirus
The management of the school, after meeting with the heads of the Ministry of Health, has decided to follow the classes normally and with the rules of protection, already established

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-sal...f428b4627.html
https://www.larazon.es/gente/2020030...fps3nyk3u.html
Old 03-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope the pupil in question gets well soon. There have been quite a few Coronavirus cases in Spain; but I'm sure the SRF are well-prepared and have the best medical advice.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks from the Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía to those who are helping on the front line and caring for others, in the face of the # COVID19 pandemic
Old 04-23-2020, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Leonor and Sofia are looking more alike now! Lovely that they took part in the video call.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Leonor and Sofia are doing very well in this video.
A nice way to thank those who are helping on the front line.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great to see the girls supporting the workers. Nice video.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Thanks from the Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía to those who are helping on the front line and caring for others, in the face of the # COVID19 pandemic
Well done!

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias