The Prince of Asturias's Official Visit to Argentina: December 9-11, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Visit to the Republic Argentina to be present at the investiture of the elect President, Excma. Ms Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner Argentina, on December 9, 10 and 11, 2007

On the part of His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias​

The Prince is going to have a hard trip, but also an opportunity to demonstrate his diplomatic capacity. Chavez will be also in Argentina, and already he has started "warming" the situation and doing declarations that are not true. The Prince is going to need many patience, to be in his place and to prevent them from wrapping him in the polemic.

El Príncipe de Asturias no llevará a Chávez ningún mensaje personal del Rey

The Prince of Asturias will not take any personal message of the King to Chávez

The Prince of Asturias will not take any personal message of the King to Hugo Chávez, in opposition to the affirmed today for the Venezuelan president, they have informed to EFE diplomatic sources.

Don Felipe will represent in Buenos Aires to the Spanish State next Monday, the 10th of December, in the capture of possession of the new President of Argentina, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, act to which also it has foreseen the Venezuelan president represents.

Wow, lots of press coverage on Felipe I pressume! I'll post as much as I can to keep you guys updated from BA! Is he coming with Letizia?

the official agenda does not say anything about letizia. it generally does when she attends with him to this sort of events, so i guess she must have something else planned for around that time.

Prince Felipe's activities in Argentina

Spokesmen diplomats pointed out that Spanish Prince Felipe of Asturias will meet alone next Sunday with President Nestor Kirchner, shortly after arriving in Buenos Aires in the framework of his visit to participate in acts of assumption of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

On the same day, the Spanish dignitary part of the farewell dinner with the current head of state of Argentina, while on Monday will begin its activities in the early hours, with a meeting with the community in the Iberian country, after which he will be at the the act of taking the first new governor.

On Monday night will be a dinner with artists and representatives of culture and politics, while on Tuesday, Felipe de Borbon is in a formal meeting with the president of the fledgling nation, as required by the spokesmen consulted Infobae.com .

Las actividades del príncipe Felipe en la Argentina - Infobae.com 

Last edited:
Wow, lots of press coverage on Felipe I pressume! I'll post as much as I can to keep you guys updated from BA! Is he coming with Letizia?

From Leonor's birth the Princess stopped coming to these acts. They are in the habit of being very intense trips and especially very political, in that the Prince supports interview with leaders to which the Princess was never coming, I believe that the Royal House has decided for this reason that the presence of the Princess is insignificant in these acts. Maybe when the girls are not so babies and go to the school return to recapture them.

From Leonor's birth the Princess stopped coming to these acts. They are in the habit of being very intense trips and especially very political, in that the Prince supports interview with leaders to which the Princess was never coming, I believe that the Royal House has decided for this reason that the presence of the Princess is I believe that the Royal House has decided for this reason that the presence of the Princess is insignificant in these actsin these acts. Maybe when the girls are not so babies and go to the school return to recapture them.
Insignificant????????May it be ,but what does Letizia act in the Royal House???just a vase???:ermm::confused:.I can't understand.

Chavez won't be speaking this time, so the Prince won't have to shush him. :lol::lol:
Kidding aside, Felipe is a very patience, prudent and pacific man, he has demonstrated it, I don't think he'll be involved in polemics.

Letizia went to the Presidential Inauguration in Portugal last year. I think it has more to do with the geographic distance. Those Latin American countries are very far, the recent trips of the Prince were usually very short and intense. The Princess already has a very busy schedule even without those trips, with two little girls at home, probably Zarzuela decides to give her a break. She will still have 3 acts next week.

不吃水的鱼;702334 said:
Insignificant????????May it be ,but what does Letizia act in the Royal House???just a vase???:ermm::confused:.I can't understand.

Yes in comparison with other trips her presence is insignificant enough, because in other trips she comes to many politic meetings, to cultural acts, economic meetings ....she comes to all the acts of the trip, but here the principal acts are the meeting with the salient and next President to that the Prince comes in solitarily, and in the principal act the Prince often occupies a principal place with other Chiefs of State and the Princess a secondary place.

These acts of transfer of government are conceived of a very political form, the first ladies have so that to do, it is more the wives of other Chiefs of State are not in the habit of coming. Because of it her presence here is more insignificant that in an Official Visit or the inauguration of an Institute Cervantes, if they wanted to reduce the trips of the Princess, at least while the girls are babies, the logical thing is that they were beginning hereabouts.

Princess Letizia is only the wife del inheriting chance want that she participates in political acts like if his husband did not exist? These acts do not have anything to do with which the Spanish monarchy is not expected of the wife of a prince... is not as others whose importance in the policy is zero, and is either like in others monarquias, whose spouses of the heirs actuan as if they themselves were the heirs.

Un reto muy difícil para el Príncipe

A very difficult challenge for the Prince

The diplomatic problem with Hugo Chávez is kept and is of being afraid that it is not going to be solved as well as this way. The coincidence, at the beginning of the week that enters, of the Prince Felipe with the Venezuelan president in the acts of capture of Cristina Kirchner's possession like chairwoman of Argentina has raised many dustcloud. But the plans, I suspect, they have not gone out completely well, a bit through the fault of all, and now, from the Government Zapatero, try to limit the scope of the speculations: only there will be between them a " established by protocol greeting ", said the vice-president Fernandez de la Vega after the Ministers' Council.
(...)

The one who knows, in any case, in what it can derive this " established by protocol greeting " between the Prince and Chávez. With the Venezuelan president it is never known, and a meeting between both, though it is in presence of other agents chief executive, is capable of finishing in any thing, for evil or for good. It is the dangerous thing of treating with prominent figures as Chávez, for whom the diplomatic uses or even of the good education they are non-existent things.

And, anyway, it is sure that the situation will not be comfortable for the maximum representative of the Spanish delegation to the capture of possession of a chairwoman, the lady Kirchner, who also has differed for supporting a scanty warmth with the interests of Spain in Latin America. It is a difficult mission for the inheritor of the Spanish Wreath, who could do a good role in other captures of possession of Latin-American chiefs of State who might have turned out to be awkward, as that of the Bolivian Evo Morales. Now, he is perhaps before his first international really complicated challenge.

i think she could make more abroad visit now.

The Princess was in China in November. Maybe she doesn´t want to travel much when Sofia is still so little.

The Princess was in China in November. Maybe she doesn´t want to travel much when Sofia is still so little.

And Morocco. Besides, at the end of the day it's The Powers That Be who decide who they will send to such places. Letizia doesn't have to be at the presidential inauguration nor Felipe (in my opinion of course). I believe that's something that only presidents or representatives of the government should do.

looking at Felipe without Letizia ...its bizarre...it is really missing something :lol:

i wonder who is the protocol responsible for cristina kirchner. this dress is absolutely not appropriate, for such an event, for her position, and her age. and what's that way of crossing her legs? it's hideous.

i wonder who is the protocol responsible for cristina kirchner. this dress is absolutely not appropriate, for such an event, for her position, and her age. and what's that way of crossing her legs? it's hideous.

I can only agree. No offence meant to argentine people but their new president looks rather like an aging soap star. Can't believe she has chosen such a provocative outfit, the men around probably don't know where to look as she's 54 and not 24, let alone her position as president. It's rather embarrassing.

Totally agree.
The black dress is nice but it is not appropriate for this event or for her age, is not at all elegant.
She should wear something to cover her arms.

I can only agree. No offence meant to argentine people but their new president looks rather like an aging soap star. Can't believe she has chosen such a provocative outfit, the men around probably don't know where to look as she's 54 and not 24, let alone her position as president. It's rather embarrassing.

I totally agree with you;), she has no class:bang:. Its really embarrasing that she'll be our President in a few hours:neutral:

Felipe was this morning in a meeting with representatives of the Spanish community in BA. In a couple of hours he will be participating in the ceremony in which Cristina F. will become President, and tonight he will be gathering with artists and members of the cultural enviroment. Tomorrow (Tuesday 11th) he will have an official meeting with Cristina, then already in her capacity of President of the Argentinian Republic.

The activities of Prince Felipe in Argentina (Infobae.com)

Las actividades del príncipe Felipe en la Argentina - Infobae.com 

I have seen it on television and Cristina wear the same dress or very similar to that Letizia wore in Sofia Infant baptism.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071210/721774764e296g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071210/721774763f692g.jpg

News Vía Satélite: Fotos del bautizo de la infanta Sofia

Finally the Prince Felipe and Hugo Chavez coincided.It seems they were greeted but not talked.

Last edited:
i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one who thinks so! thanks for the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom