The Prince of Asturias's Official Visit to Argentina: December 9-11, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only agree. No offence meant to argentine people but their new president looks rather like an aging soap star. Can't believe she has chosen such a provocative outfit, the men around probably don't know where to look as she's 54 and not 24, let alone her position as president. It's rather embarrassing.

No. I'm not offended. I think you are right. I'm ashamed of myself as an Argentinian. This lady seems - as you said it - a very provocative old soap star. She must be ashamed of herself...:sick::angry::furious::yuk::cry:

And just think that a serious young man as the Prince of Asturias must go to this circus...and meet her! UGH! :bang::bang:

Vanesa.

No. I'm not offended. I think you are right. I'm ashamed of myself as an Argentinian. This lady seems - as you said it - a very provocative old soap star. She must be ashamed of herself...:sick::angry::furious::yuk::cry:

And just think that a serious young man as the Prince of Asturias must go to this circus...and meet her! UGH! :bang::bang:

Vanesa.
Yesss
;););)

i wonder who is the protocol responsible for cristina kirchner. this dress is absolutely not appropriate, for such an event, for her position, and her age. and what's that way of crossing her legs? it's hideous.

I don't think the dress was so innapropriate. Well, I'm from Brazil and I've seen things much worse so forgive my words :D. At least Cristina was well dressed in the ceremony of this afternoon.

That's what I thought too. This kind of lace dress is perfect for a baptism, but for an inaguation as the president??? :eek: Doesn't she have a professional suit? Does she want to be taken seriously on her own or does she want to be known as a front for her husband? And why did Felipe talk to her husband instead of her in the private meeting? I don't know the details of this couple or her credential, but it seems clear she's just a front for her husband. Her husband will continue to hold power, with or without the president title.

The Kirchners met at law school, Cristina was a Senator herself. They are a lot like the Clintons. It's hard to say who has been holding the real power behind the scene, maybe they work as a team like the Clintons :).
Cristina likes to wear not-age-appropriate tacky clothes, that's her style. It was an emotional ceremony, I'm glad that Argentina has another women President.

And why did Felipe talk to her husband instead of her in the private meeting?

The normal thing is that the Prince meets first the President who leaves, and later with the new President, in this case first with Nestor Kirchner and later with Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner. In this case everything is a bit particular because they are a couple. The Prince will meet Cristina Kirchner today.

And just think that a serious young man as the Prince of Asturias must go to this circus...and meet her! UGH!
banghead6mx.gif
banghead6mx.gif

i totally agree, my thoughts exactly. poor felipe. although the king and queen have quite a close relationship with the kirchners. wonder why... nothing would appeal me to meet them.

Maybe she wanted to make a good impression on a handsome future King ;)
Her hairdo reminded me of Amy Winehouse :D

Now, that's an exageration, no one could possibly match Amy's. I know, I've tried. :D
Cristina's dress really does look like Letizia's dress from the Christening, although I'm not sure I like it this time. I'm generally of pretty high opinion about her, but the dress sense is really not age-appropirate sometimes.

El Príncipe se entrevista con el nuevo ministro de Economía argentino

The Prince meets the new Argentine minister of Economy

The minister of Economy of Argentina, Martin Lousteau, inaugurated today his management with a meeting with the Prince of Asturias, Felipe de Borbón, who travelled to Buenos Aires to be present at the ceremony of transfer of presidential control.

Don Felipe accompanied by the secretario of State for Latin America, Trinidad Jiménez, and the ambassador of Spain, Rafael Estrella, supported a meeting of more than one hour with the new minister of Economy of the president Cristina Fernandez.

Photos
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071211/721774d0b4980g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071211/721774d0b40e3g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071211/721774d0d3a4dg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071211/721774d0ca85cg.jpg

Last edited:
Now, that's an exageration, no one could possibly match Amy's. I know, I've tried. :D

OK another try: She looks like Priscilla Presley while being married to Elvis. Trying to look like a Vamp but unfortunately 30 years too late.

At least Felipe had a good laugh :lol:

The Prince meets the new Argentine minister of Economy
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...74d0b4980g.jpg

Hard to believe that his guy is 35, very young for this position, eg as Grasser in Austria. He looks rather like a student than a minister of economy but here we go. A young & good looking man in the cabinet, that's something we can only dream about in Britain :cool:

Spain Crown Prince, Felipe of Borbon with Argentina's President, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner (R), during a meeting in the Government Palace in Buenos Aires

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Spain Crown Prince, Felipe of Borbon speaks with the new Argentinean Minister of Economy, Martin Lousteau during a meeting in a hotel in Buenos Aires

ANP Beeldbank

El arte de ser príncipe heredero | LANACION.com

The art of being a prince inheritor

It is necessary to have a special art to be a prince inheritor of a constitutional monarchy. On Monday night, in a very small meeting with intellectual, artists and relating politicians, the prince Felipe of Spain showed this almost genetic skill to be able to investigate and be quiet. There never escaped from him, during half after two that the meeting lasted, an alone definition that was compromising politically his person or that of his parents.

He has stopped already being the young prince who came to Buenos Aires at the end of the 80s. There is obvious to the first sight the political and intellectual maturity, which he cultivated in several universities of Spain and of the United States, and in his own personal experience next to his father, the king Juan Carlos. He has inherited the natural, almost frank sharm, of his father and, at the same time, the rigorous alteration of his mother. Each of his questions and his cross-examinations in this night of political inaugurations exhibited it as a man informed up to the details of the country where he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom