The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and what do we have here, tons of lovely pictures:ROFLMAO:

Gallery 1
Gallery 2

I really cant get over how great Letizia looked, im not too bothered about her hair becasue everything else made up for it also Queen sofia looked so proud at this event.

why doesnt the Queen sit up at the table with the Prince & princess?

A couple of pics I got from Getty:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4654/77494498tm7.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1999/77518106qy9.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3782/77518103et1.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8476/77517951ih4.jpg

I like the suit she wore for the award winning photoshoot, it is really nice and fits her, the white/gold outfit she wore for the awards themselves isn't really her best choice, I remember last year how beautiful she looked :ermm:

Thanks for the pics, I lOVE the big version of pics:flowers:.. I agree with you about the suit she wore for the winning photoshoot, really nice!.. but i think the outfit she wore for the awards is really BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:
I like Letizia's outfit. Both the dress and the jacket are beautiful, though aren't the same style and I don't like how their slightly different colours match.
I really don't like, once again, ugly peep toe shoes with stockings.:ohmy::ohmy:
Really AWFUl!
The shoes are exactly the same, different colour, she wore a few days ago with white jacket and pants in her last solo event.
Thanks Crisinaki for the pics you posted. Clicking on them they get so big that I could see all the details.:flowers:
Why the King was not there?

Last edited:
Yes. Time is bringing some good changes in Princess Letizia's outfit. She is dressing very well after the 12 of October Celebration. I'm very happy of it. :)

Vanesa.

the photos are great. i quite like this one of the princes with al gore, that i don't think was posted before: Premios Príncipe de Asturias 2007 - 20minutos.es

the grey suit of letizia this morning was perfect and i loved the white jacket at the ceremony but i can't say the dress was among my favourites. way too flashy to look elegant, but she did look good nevertheless, although she did much better at the other two previous ceremonies she attended.

I think Letizia has new jewelry: brazelet and ring. It will be great if we get a close-up.

Letizia looks great in this white dress!!!! she looks fabulous!!! I really like her jacket ...it's a good combo with the dress!
The Queen is very elegant as always! I know that the queen had attended this ceremony in the past few years...just wondering if she attend this every year before they got marry too??

Thank you everyone for great pics! What a great night it was, very solemn and emotional. Princess Letizia looked absolutely wonderful, her dress was so beautiful, I just loved it, also the jacket was nice. The Princess has looked very good during the last days. The Queen has her own lovely style, she looked good as always.

why doesnt the Queen sit up at the table with the Prince & princess?

The prince has to be center stage because it's him, not the queen, who is honored at this event. Nevertheless, you may have noticed that the prize winners, when crossing the stage to receive the prize, make a halt in the middle to honor the queen (some of them even slightly bow) before approaching the table.

Nice cerimony, wasn't it?; it reached a good audience in TVE:

On TVE1, the broadcast of the Prince of Asturias prizes obtained an acceptable 16,6% share and an average audience of 1.353.000 people. A year ago, on October 20 2006, the broadcast achieved 16,2%, four decimal points less.
Los 'Premios Príncipes de Asturias' mantienen un seguimiento similar al de hace un año » Noticias Televisión FormulaTV.com

I hope this year the media won't repeat the ridiculous statement that "a thousand million people watched the show around the world". It was a very biased calculation that the sociologist Anthony Giddens, one of the winners, made several years ago and that some journalists with poor judgement have repeated over and over.

I like Letizia's outfit. Both the dress and the jacket are beautiful, though aren't the same style and I don't like how their slightly different colours match.
I really don't like, once again, ugly peep toe shoes with stockings.:ohmy::ohmy:
Really AWFUl!

Perfect post giov, I totally agree :flowers: When recalling how spectacular Letizia looked at her two previous appearances this one cannot keep up.

At least for this event she could have styled her hair since the hairdresser must have been around to handle Queen Sofia (who looked lovely), her hair was beautifully made up back in 2004 & 2006 (curls etc). Whenever she lets her hair hanging down there is an emphasis on her haggard face, makes her look abit old.

I watched the event, great stuff. Looking at Al Gore - I deeply admire him for his commitment - you can see that this poor guy spends all his time with flying around the globe, doing his speech etc, and have lunches or dinners. Wow he has gained so much weight. Schumi is an exceptional guy, superrich but never lost track. Thankfully he has not become one of these once successful people who don't know what to do after retirement, hence they jet from party to party due to lack of content in their lives.
Looking forward to 2008!

Letizia looked beautiful. Thanks for pictures.

Perfect post giov, I totally agree :flowers: When recalling how spectacular Letizia looked at her two previous appearances this one cannot keep up.

i agree. her previous outfits were too good. this one fell in the category of not so nicefor such an event. what the other poster said is totally right: both styles (dress and jacket) really didn't match.

The dress and jacket were beautiful clothes on their own but I am not sure about together:ermm: although for sure, white is a wonderful colour for Princess Letizia to wear. It reall ysuits her

She looks very good overall, esp on TV. The outfit at the PoA awards is definitely from Varela. Maybe she traded in the old dress for this new one :).

old dress
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5321/20060827132709200606281nz1.jpg

The old dress combination is much better than new dress combination ... and the hairdresser was still around :rolleyes:
Looks like Varela lost all the inspiration and knowledge how to combine a jacket with a skirt or dress he used to have in previous years :ohmy:

By the way, who is responsible for these ugly plateau shoes Letzia has bought in dozens. Maybe this person should have told her that stockings in peep toe shoes look ridiculous, especially when wearing the black version :eek:

I think Letizia has new jewelry: brazelet and ring. It will be great if we get a close-up.
Urraquita, you can see all the details of Letizia's outfit in the pics that Crisinaki posted, post#178. Open the pics and then click on them, they get very big.

The old dress combination is much better than new dress combination ... and the hairdresser was still around :rolleyes:
Looks like Varela lost all the inspiration and knowledge how to combine a jacket with a skirt or dress he used to have in previous years :ohmy:

By the way, who is responsible for these ugly plateau shoes Letzia has bought in dozens. Maybe this person should have told her that stockings in peep toe shoes look ridiculous, especially when wearing the black version :eek:
You are right:flowers:, the old dress combination makes sense.
Who knows who is the resposible for her shoes, maybe her family stylist, "princess Henar Ortiz"?;)

Are you sure the dress is the same? becasue in closer pictures, the lace seems to be different also, the old dress has a much lower decolte, anyways new or old, I prefer the newer version & love the jacket combination with it.

The Princes of Asturias today, Oct 27, 2007

Spains Crown Prince Felipe (L) talks with his wife Princess Letizia during a visit to the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071027/72173047e21deg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071027/72173047e1303g.jpg

Spains Princess Letizia (R) and a miner look on during a visit to a mine in the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071027/72173047d5a8ag.jpg

Spains Crown Prince Felipe (R) waves to a child during a visit to the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071027/72173047fa9e4g.jpg
Spains Crown Prince Felipe (R) talks with a miner during a visit to a mine in the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071027/72173047e91acg.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure the dress is the same? becasue in closer pictures, the lace seems to be different also, the old dress has a much lower decolte, anyways new or old, I prefer the newer version & love the jacket combination with it.

They are two different dresses. Not sure what others are talking about. It's obviously different, the neckline, the lace, its all different. I'm confused by those posts about it being the same.

Last edited:
They are two different dresses. Not sure what others are talking about. It's obviously different, the neckline, the lace, its all different. I'm confused by those posts about it being the same.

You are right, we were wrong, they are different, same style but different.
So, don't be confused about it anymore.

Last edited:
She glows and glitters in these pictures. Queen Sofia was very elegant too.

Spanish Crown Prince Felipe (C) and Princess Letizia (L) during their visit to Aller de Hunosa coal mine near Moreda, Spain, 27 October 2007. The Crown couple chaired the awarding ceremony of the Asturias Prince Prizes one day before. Moreda was awared with the Asturias Exemplary Town Prize 2007.
Picture 1
Picture 2

Spanish Crown Prince Felipe (L) and Princess Letizia (C) speak with a group of children dressed in Asturian traditional costumes during their visit to Moreda, Spain, 27 October 2007. The Crown couple chaired the awarding ceremony of the Asturias Prince Prizes one day before. Moreda was awared with the Asturias Exemplary Town Prize 2007.
Picture
(anp)

a picture gallery with lovely big pictures of the couple with the people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom