The Prince and the Princess of Asturias IN Asturias (2003-2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the casual look on Felipe. He's always seemingly impeccibly attired, it's nice to see him relaxed

Felipe and Letizia are in llanes, Asturias, in a family reunion to celebrate the wedding of Letizia's dad. Thery arrived around the 13:45pm and tehy were receaved by Letizia's dad and her stepmother. Several reporters were expecting them and also a crowd to salute them. Before the entering in the hotel were the celebration happens, and as the people was asking, they went on the street and posed for the press and saluted the crowd :)

the article (in spanish) from El Mundo

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:49 pm
F & L
I think they look great: relaxed and kind of sexy.

I read an article that said the people in the town that went to greet them all said they both look better in real life than in pictures. But the funniest part of the day? Some local carpenter showed up with a gift--carved by his very own hands--for the newly wed prince and princess: a baby crib!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice that they turned and smiled to the photographers though. Although it probably does get annoying being photographed all the time, I like the fact that they are accepting it as part of their "job" and not running into the house with a newspaper over their heads or something silly like that.

lucys said:
They are in Asturias--at Letizia's grandparents--apparently spending a couple of days hiking in the beautiful Pico de Europas mountains before leaving for the Dominican Republic for the presidential inauguration. (Goodness, they really do get photographed all the time. They must get tired of it. But I'll keep posting.)

The Principes de Asturias had a second day of mountain excursions in which, according to the article I read, with the help of their security detail, they managed to "escape" the paparazzis (have I become an online paparazzi?) and went to a pretty remote mountain for some hiking. On the way back to Sardeu (where Letizia's grandparents live) they apparently delighted a small mountain town by stopping into one of the local bars for some local food and drink. According to the article they were delightful, and warmly greeted all the locals who wished to greet them. When they first arrived the bar man apparently said something to the effect of: Listen, I don't know anything about protocal, so, if it's all right with you I won't use the formal "usted" and I will just use the informal "tu"--to which the Prince and princess smiled. The locals did, however, leave them alone as they stood in the corner of the bar enjoying the local drink, talking quitely between themselves and, according to one witness, "constantly giving each other cariñotas (gestures of affection)", "it gave me great joy," this woman continued, "to see how much they love each other." The Prince tried to pay the bill, the barman refused his money, and they left with a "we'll return one day" to the delight of the bar owner.

Back at Grandma's house:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00122061.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00122062.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00122060.jpg
http://www.lne.es/media/fotos/noticias/500x350/2004-08-19_IMG_2004-08-12_01.22.40__PG044F2.jpg

I agree

Lyonnaise said:
It's nice that they turned and smiled to the photographers though. Although it probably does get annoying being photographed all the time, I like the fact that they are accepting it as part of their "job" and not running into the house with a newspaper over their heads or something silly like that.

Letizia realized when she married that this was part of the deal. They seem to work harder than all other CP couples. They seem to foster goodwill with whatever they do.

I really wish Felipe would shave the beard. I think he is so much more handsome without it! Vamos guapo!

I think the beard makes him look a little older,without it he is such a boy!

The "city of the Princes"

The "city of the Princes" like scenery C. M. The eight islets that will form the sample "Oviedo, city friend" of the seat of Trascorrales will go accompanied of the murals that settled in the pavilion of Oviedo of the Fair the International of Samples, including as well in the exhibition "Oviedo, city of princes". The great photographies of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will constitute the perimeter of the future sample "Oviedo, city friend". One is digital snapshot panels, created by company GAP, with the image of the Princes superposed on some of the most representative monuments of the city like the Cathedral, the Campoamor theater, the Audience or even the scale model of the future Palace of Congresses that will take the name of Princess Letizia. After the facade of the pavilion of the Fair, covered by a fotomontaje dedicated to the wedding of the Princes, in whom it appeared the city engalanada for the connection and the City council with two photographies of superposed Felipe and Letizia, the 80,000 visitors of stand "crossed" through five great panels of digital photographies, the Audience, the future Palace of Congresses, some of the streets of the city, the Campoamor Theater, the Cathedral and the Band of Gaitas "City of Oviedo". These photographies will settle, as a scenery, in the sample "Oviedo, city friend" so that the eight islets of the exhibition of Trascorrales will be surrounded by the panels of "Oviedo, city of the Princes". In the excellence plan Both exhibitions are included as well in the program of the plan of tourist excellence that already counts on logotipo in which it is ***reflxed mng: "Oviedo, capital of the Paradise

Interesting tidbit--apparently the government of Asturias has offered to find and make available to Felipe and Letizia an official vacation residence in Asturias--just as Palma did years ago for Juan Carlos and Sofia.

(Oh yeah, and Hola is on the pregnancy bandwagon again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom