The Prince and Princess of Asturias's Honeymoon: May-June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice photo and article. Thanks for posting it.

Here are some really nice pictures of the couple out on their honeymoon.
You can really tell they are in love! Just look at the way he is holding her. :flower:

Honeymoon Pictures

A few photos from today on the Honeymoon. They went to the Virgen del Pilar Basilica in Zaragoza.

What a break with tradition for this newest of crown prince couples !!!!!!!!

.... every previous crown prince couple ducked out of country after their wedding.

..... and what do they do in Spain ....mingle with the folk.

WOW
- what chutzpha of public relations !!!!
- is this approach part of Letizia's contribution from her TV station announcing days ?????

What a break with tradition for this newest of crown prince couples !!!!!!!!

.... every previous crown prince couple ducked out of country after their wedding.

..... and what do they do in Spain ....mingle with the folk.

WOW
- what chutzpha of public relations !!!!
- is this approach part of Letizia's contribution from her TV station announcing days ?????

yeah...i was surpised too that they were honeymooning in spain surrounded by enormous masses of people....they look happy and what's more, they don't look like they mind at all that their picture is being taken or they are being followed.

It was a good idea. I mean they did not know about the weather too far in advance but they knew that the train bombings would have put a slight dent into the jubilation. So it was a great idea for them to get out there and to be among the "people" for at least one day on their honeymoon. Great PR and the people were very happy. Also they looked great together.

Although a sweet thing to see, I must say, not too much of a regal wedding, not too much of a regal honeymoon either..... I don't see why? One would think that as private as the Prince is that he would be ducking for cover on a deserted island somewhere with his wife. But then again, with the Jordanian wedding around the corner, maybe they will go somewhere after the wedding.... Their wedding price also might be why they have chosen to go on honeymoon in spain...

will they visit a church everyday during the honeymoon??? :wacko:

It must be annoying for an agnostic as Letizia

Originally posted by chanel@May 24th, 2004 - 6:15 pm
Although a sweet thing to see, I must say, not too much of a regal wedding, not too much of a regal honeymoon either..... I don't see why? One would think that as private as the Prince is that he would be ducking for cover on a deserted island somewhere with his wife. But then again, with the Jordanian wedding around the corner, maybe they will go somewhere after the wedding.... Their wedding price also might be why they have chosen to go on honeymoon in spain...
Yes, it may seem odd. But I doubt they are feeling too relaxed yet. They will go off to some deserted island when they can. But it is good to stay around for a few days before the next big event and stay in the public eye to embrace the cheering crowds and so on.

Originally posted by ceci@May 24th, 2004 - 5:35 pm
will they visit a church everyday during the honeymoon??? :wacko:

Agnostic? Is that a catholic who is really not a catholic? Someone who pretends to be Catholic and they are not? Isn't it true that Letizia just weeks ago recieved her Communion?

Isn't it true that Letizia just weeks ago recieved her Communion?

I believe it was her confirmation. We've seem photos of her when she was little of her first communion. I've heard that she had her confirmation a few weeks ago, but do not know if it's really true. She didn't act like she thought it was difficult and horrible (like an agnostic at heart probably would) when she was in the cathedral at her wedding. Actually, she seemed to appreciate the service.

About their honeymoon, I think they will go on a regular honeymoon after the Jordanian wedding. I believe Felipe said something about that one time. Also, I wonder if they decided to do this mingling with the people because they felt bad that the crowds were hardly able to see them and they knew the people were likely dissapointed. Now Felipe and Letizia can make it up to them in a way by letting the country know where they're going to be for this part of their honeymoon. Maybe they think if the press can get photos now then they'll leave them alone later and won't go hunting them down like they did for Charles and Diana, Haakon and Mette-Marit, Frederik and Mary, etc.

Originally posted by chanel+May 24th, 2004 - 8:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chanel @ May 24th, 2004 - 8:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ceci@May 24th, 2004 - 5:35 pm
will they visit a church everyday during the honeymoon???  :wacko:

Agnostic? Is that a catholic who is really not a catholic? Someone who pretends to be Catholic and they are not? Isn't it true that Letizia just weeks ago recieved her Communion? [/b][/quote]
An agnostic is someone who is, basically, of "no religion", meaning they don't follow anything, don't practice anything, and don't believe in anything. My friend is an agnostic and on his car he has a bumper sticker that says "Agnosticism: I don't know and you don't either." :p
I didn't realize Miss Letizia leaned that way.

-Kara-

leave newly couples alone! let Felipe and his wife having honeymoon why you taking pictures to show! that very privacy! need respect Felipe and his new brides have honeymoon trip!

Sara Boyce

suturegeisha  Posted: May 24th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
(chanel @ May 24th, 2004 - 8:14 pm)
(ceci @ May 24th, 2004 - 5:35 pm)
will they visit a church everyday during the honeymoon???

Agnostic? Is that a catholic who is really not a catholic? Someone who pretends to be Catholic and they are not? Isn't it true that Letizia just weeks ago recieved her Communion?
An agnostic is someone who is, basically, of "no religion", meaning they don't follow anything, don't practice anything, and don't believe in anything. My friend is an agnostic and on his car he has a bumper sticker that says "Agnosticism: I don't know and you don't either."
I imagine we will never (really) know what Felipe's attitude is regarding the church, however one thing is clear ..... he - like the royals in other lands - must belong to the official religion. And he probably gets good private tuition from some-one in the church who really 'knows' what religion is supposed to be about.

So..... by necessity, Letizia will now also likely get good private religious tuition, and present a 'believing' face each and every time she attends church with or without Felipe.

Besides, from what I gather, church attendance is going down, which to me means that people have tired of 'acting' that they are believers. Having said that, if that is also true to Spain, then life might force some changes over time, and leaders are there where you find them. ;)

Churchgoing does not make a believer. people in politics are particular sensitive to religious correctness. Why criticize when that's the way it is. hypocricy can be found in every walk of life.

Yahoo! News
Spain's Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia walk throught the town of Sos del Rey Catolico, Spain Tuesday May 25, 2004. The couple are touring Spain on their honeymoon. (AP Photo/EFE, Javier Cebollada)

They look to be having a glorious time and I'm glad they are. They look very relaxed and happy. :heart: :flower:

Thank you xicamaluca for your effort in posting a link to all those pictures. Mucho appreciated. :flower:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 25th, 2004 - 7:54 pm
Thank you xicamaluca for your effort in posting a link to all those pictures. Mucho appreciated. :flower:
You're welcome King Christian :flower: I took a while to figure that was my name written in those brigth colours :p

Caption:
SAN SEBASTIAN, SPAIN: Spanish Crown Prince of Asturias, Felipe of Bourbon ® touches his head after hitting it with the top of the window as he comes out to salute the crowd with his wife Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz (L), the balcony of Restaurant Arzak where they had lunch 25 May 2004 from in the northern Spanish Basque city of San Sebastian. AFP PHOTO / RAFA RIVAS (Photo credit should read RAFA RIVAS/AFP/Getty Images)

1 :p

Caption:
SAN SEBASTIAN, SPAIN: Spanish Crown Prince of Asturias Felipe of Bourbon ® and his wife Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz (L), salute the crowd from the balcony of the Restaurant Arzak where they had lunch, 25 May 2004, in the northern Spanish Basque city of San Sebastian. AFP PHOTO / RAFA RIVAS (Photo credit should read RAFA RIVAS/AFP/Getty Images)

Polfoto 25-05-2004 Spain's Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia walk through an arch in the castle of Olite, Spain Tuesday May 25, 2004. The couple are touring Spain on their honeymoon. (AP Photo/EFE, Jesus Diges) ** SPAIN OUT **

In San Sebastian

Great photos, everybody. I guess he does not realize just how tall he is sometimes. Poor guy. That must have hurt too.

Wow! The pics were just great! Thks Dennism, Xicamaluca and everyone else..
Maybe they didn't show too much emotions during the wedding but there's no question that they're in love! It's just so sweet to see pics of them smiling and holding hands together.

i think it's wonderful PR to do a short tour of spain during their honeymoon...to get close to the pple who's support they need to maintain the crown. Then off to much need R&R after the Jodan wedding!

Back
Top Bottom