The Confirmation of HRH The Princess of Asturias :May 28th ,2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But if it so intimate then why announce it at all. Better to keep it secret or to have the Confirmation at the Chapel of La Zarzuela then it would be really intimate.

Yes that would be might thoughts too, the king made his there also with little or no fanfare.

Yes its the same here and still is, though I will point out not on the same level as First Holy Communions.
Only my parents, siblings, grandparents and sponsor attended mine.

Its a rite of passage in a Christians life and should be celebrated .

its a family thing, but it was certainly a big thing when I was a kid. As everyone was being done at the same time the parties were mainly family but it was an occasion, though not as big as First Communion....

Yes that would be might thoughts too, the king made his there also with little or no fanfare.

It is not the same time. Felipe made First Communion in the chapel of Zarzuela and his daughter Leonor with her classmates. It is something normal that she wants to do it with her friends, especially because this year she leaves them forever, since she is leaving Wales for two years to study international bachelor
Felipe and Letizia have wanted to give "normality" to the lives of their daughters, and do the same as other children do, let them go to the rhythm of their friends or friends.
Before long, that will not be possible.

Princess Leonor, on a spiritual retreat in Guadarrama before her confirmation
Before that day, the Princess of Asturias has complied with one of the protocols prior to her confirmation, as confirmed by Vanitatis.
The Princess of Asturias has complied with one of the protocols prior to its confirmation, as confirmed by Vanitatis. Last Thursday she participated with her classmates A, B and C in a spiritual retreat in a country house in Guadarrama, a town near Madrid. The students were accompanied by the two priests of the school, priests Juan Manuel and Javier, and the tutors of each class. The retreat was interrupted at noon with a meal in which, unlike the sober menus of the school without carbohydrates or fried foods, this time there was a prize. The students enjoyed a paella and chicken with chips. And in the afternoon they returned to their homes.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...rrama-confirmacion-retiro-espiritual_3092951/

Someone close to Leonor's environment at school, if the news is true, which is very likely to be true, is leaking data on Leonor's activities, so I am very happy that she is leaving that school and finishing her secondary studies in Wales.
From the activities of the Infanta Sofía almost never anything leaks out, so she must be someone related to Leonor's classmates.
PS: I forgot to comment that King Felipe VI was confirmed with his sisters and both are older. Then there was no age to do it either. Many things have changed.

Princess Leonor Confirmation: May 28, 2021

Princess Leonor will receive the sacrament of Confirmation on May 28 in the Asunción de Nuestra Señora Parish (Aravaca), the same church where she made her First Communion, on May 20, 2015. The daughter of the kings King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia , along with the students from her class at the Santa María de Los Rosales school, will be confirmed at 12 in the morning in the presence only of her parents and her sister, the Infanta Sofía.

As the religious magazine Vida Nueva Digital has learned, Princess Leonor as well as the rest of the students of the Santa María de los Rosales school will receive the anointing with the scented oil and the imposition of hands in a ceremony that will be presided over by Juan Carlos Merino, bishop of the area.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20210528190228/princesa-leonor-iglesia-confirmacion/

Last edited:
I think we will see pictures...When Leonor had her First Communion, there were journalists outside taking pictures. We didn't see the ceremony back then, but we saw the Royal Family outside the church. So maybe we will see them walk in.

I think we will see pictures...When Leonor had her First Communion, there were journalists outside taking pictures. We didn't see the ceremony back then, but we saw the Royal Family outside the church. So maybe we will see them walk in.

There will be definite media presence for sure and possibly we'll see photos of the Royal Family entering and leaving the church.

A photo of the church of Our Lady of the Assumption

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...glesia_de_la_Asunción_de_Nuestra_Señora_5.jpg

Last edited:
As a curiosity, Queen Letizia was confirmed in the Zarzuela chapel before getting married and acted as her godfather, Prince Felipe, her fiancé

Being the same Church where she made her First Communion, they will not be able to avoid the photos, because the entrance is an open patio, so it is better to let the photographers pass and pose for a moment.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...macion/0-957-214/comunion-leonor-gtres2-a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a curiosity, Queen Letizia was confirmed in the Zarzuela chapel before getting married and acted as her godfather, Prince Felipe, her fiancé

Being the same Church where she made her First Communion, they will not be able to avoid the photos, because the entrance is an open patio, so it is better to let the photographers pass and pose for a moment.

I did not know that Queen Letizia had been confirmed before the wedding. Did news come out at the time about that?

I did not know that Queen Letizia had been confirmed before the wedding. Did news come out at the time about that?

It is news to me but I am not surprised as it was known that she wasn't a practicing Roman Catholic.

The reason that she was able to marry Felipe was even that she wasn't RC 'enough' to have had a religious first marriage (not even for cultural reasons) but only had had a civil one. Had she been a devout RC, she would surely have had a religious wedding the first time and would have had a lot of trouble marrying Felipe than she had now she wasn't. It's rather weird how the church prefers/red a non-religious divorced bride over a religious divorced bride (in general, and also for Spain's future king; making this non-religious bride one of the very few 'Catholic monarchs' with the privilege du blanc about a decade later).

N.B. Something similar happened to both Catherine and Meghan who were confirmed just before they got married, so we can safely assume that the main reason for their confirmations was their marriage into the royal family.

It is not uncommon from what I recall (I am around the same age as Letizia) that everybody had their communion, a big event with family etc with a yearlong preparation but then was less enthusiastic about the confirmation a few years later. I was confirmed but it was more or less a normal day, no celebration etc and some of my classmates didn't even do it. I grew up a catholic but I confirmation wasn't considered that important in my environment.

Lets keep this thread on topic ie The Confirmation of HRH The Princess of Asturias

I love the blue dress on Leonor- they all look very nice and I like that Dad coordinated his tie with his daughter’s dress.:flowers:

Just the family and her Father as Godfather for the day is perfect to me.

It is not uncommon from what I recall (I am around the same age as Letizia) that everybody had their communion, a big event with family etc with a yearlong preparation but then was less enthusiastic about the confirmation a few years later. I was confirmed but it was more or less a normal day, no celebration etc and some of my classmates didn't even do it. I grew up a catholic but I confirmation wasn't considered that important in my environment.

I share your words exactly.
I have already said it repeatedly: confirmation is an act of "daily" that is given the relevance it has but without parties or anything like that.

Leonor and Sofía are getting taller and more beautiful every day. Seeing Leonor today is like seeing the perfect princess: discreet, smiling, simple and excited. It's wonderful that there are still princesses that look like princesses
Perhaps at Sofia's Confirmation, her mother will be her godmother.

Lovely girls as usual. I do believe letitzia chose her dull outfit to let her daughter shine.

The king and queen together with their daughters, celebrated the Confirmation of Princess Leonor in a seafood restaurant on the outskirts of Madrid

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...-leonor-confirmacion-restaurante-celebracion/

This is what I was telling you the other day. An informal lunch away from home is a very common way to celebrate something like this.

Can you put a link to an instagram where you can see the video? If not, I ask the forum moderation to delete it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPi40VfqQKq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:previous:
What wonderful images of the King and Queen of Spain with their daughters. I think the four are a close-knit family.

:previous: Lovely photos of the Princess with her family on such an important day. :flowers:

:previous:
What wonderful images of the King and Queen of Spain with their daughters. I think the four are a close-knit family.

They are indeed a close-knit nuclear family, but, unlike what happened when Juan Carlos was king and before the Iñaki affair, the girls are now estranged from their cousins and their extended family.

I miss the photos of Juan Carlos and Sofia's grandchildren together on summer vacation for example.

It is also odd that Queen Sofia didn't attend the confirmation. Is it related to Covid restrictions?

Last edited:
They are indeed a close-knit nuclear family, but, unlike what happened when Juan Carlos was king and before the Iñaki affair, the girls are now estranged from their cousins and their extended family.

I miss the photos of Juan Carlos and Sofia's grandchildren together on summer vacation for example.

It is also odd that Queen Sofia didn't attend the confirmation. Is it related to Covid restrictions?

Queen Sofia did not attend the confirmation because of COVID-19 restrictions.
Leonor and Sofia have not appeared publicly with their cousins because there have been no events where they all went.
But I believe that Leonor and Sofia are still close to their cousins and are in private, despite family differences.

Back
Top Bottom