The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2021, 03:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
There is no confirmation that this information is true. Vanitatis has copied the information from Jaime Peñafiel, and neither the Royal House nor any serious media or press agency has confirmed the information.
In fact Vanitatis a few days ago was saying that in Leonor's school confirmations take place Next school year, when Leonor Will be studying abroad.

I guess we'll know next Friday if it's true. There Will be press waiting outside the church.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:58 AM
Majesty

The magazine ¡HOLA! also advances with the date of May 28 for the confirmation of Princess Leonor.
She will not wear the school uniform, she will wear a formal suit and will only be accompanied by the Kings and the Infanta Sofía.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/espana/...r-confirmacion

Old 05-19-2021, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But if it so intimate then why announce it at all. Better to keep it secret or to have the Confirmation at the Chapel of La Zarzuela then it would be really intimate.
Casa Real has not announced anything; the press is simply pressing and they know that Princess Leanor's class group is doing Confirmation that day and the press is pressing for a photo or for a "scandal". Nothing more. It is an intimate event and it is not announced, but there are many students and this may have been announced on the school's website. Royal House has not said anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think we never saw Felipe's Confirmation, did we? I remember seeing pictures of him and his sisters during their First Communion, but not during their Confirmations...
No, in fact almost no one has photos of the day of their Confirmation. Maybe at this time that everyone has mobiles, maybe, but I have not seen many photos of the Confirmation day of anyone

Quote:
I think we never saw Felipe's Confirmation, did we? I remember seeing pictures of him and his sisters during their First Communion, but not during their Confirmations...
Maybe at this time that everyone has mobiles, maybe, but I have not seen many photos of the Confirmation day of anyone
Queen Sofia called the photographers for everything: for birthdays, for holidays, for EVERYTHING. Felipe seems to have had a very stressed childhood due to the whole issue of the photos and now he does not want his family, his daughters, to go through the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
That's not the case, as far as I can recall, I was confirmed when I was round 11 or so, and it was quite a big thing. Lots of other children were confirmed at teh same time. Girls wore a special dress boys wore suits, and there were parties and presents.
I assure you that this is not the case in Spain.: eek:: flores:
Old 05-19-2021, 02:38 PM
Majesty

OK - but it was certainly the case in Ireland, a very Catholic country when I was a child.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The magazine ¡HOLA! also advances with the date of May 28 for the confirmation of Princess Leonor.
She will not wear the school uniform, she will wear a formal suit and will only be accompanied by the Kings and the Infanta Sofía.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/espana/...r-confirmacion

They have probably taken it from the school's website, which will announce the rules for that day and who can be invited.
That doesn't change anything. Confirmation is a very private act.
I hope the king and queen are not forced to pose, by this pressure.

I adore seeing my princesses, but this time I prefer and hope they don't bother her

Quote:
OK - but it was certainly the case in Ireland, a very Catholic country when I was a child.

Spain is not a very "very catholic" country, in fact I see that in other countries they are really much stricter with their majority religions
Going to church in everyday clothes or with pants is absolutely normal and I see many people who are horrified here, when the queen wears pants or something casual to go to mass.
Nobody dresses special, to go to church except a funeral, which is usually respected black or weddings because then there is a party
We are quite condescending with religious celebrations and not harsh at all.
A great Baptism party, if you will, a great First Communion party and we threw in the money for a mega wedding party.
They go to church in simple clothes, and in fact most Catholics only go to Mass on those occasions, even if they are religious.
We are a very loose country in terms of religious norms
Old 05-19-2021, 02:57 PM
Majesty

but we are talking about Confrimation celebrations. Certainly when i was a child, confirmation was a big thing and kids were dressed up for it and had some kind of celebration.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
but we are talking about Confrimation celebrations. Certainly when i was a child, confirmation was a big thing and kids were dressed up for it and had some kind of celebration.
Yes its the same here and still is, though I will point out not on the same level as First Holy Communions.
Only my parents, siblings, grandparents and sponsor attended mine.

Its a rite of passage in a Christians life and should be celebrated .
Old 05-19-2021, 03:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes its the same here and still is, though I will point out not on the same level as First Holy Communions.

I assure you that this is not the case in Spain, and I have already commented that it is returning to the primitive order of the Catholic Church, in terms of sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation and First Communion ... and Confirmation takes place shortly before the First Communion (a few days) because most were not confirmed later, and also not celebrated, since First Communion is celebrated.
First Communion is the culmination of the first cycle in Catholic life, therefore it is celebrated.
So it is in Spain
Old 05-19-2021, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So families in Spain do not celebrate the childs Confirmation, no photos/family meal and just to church and after the Ceremony home?
Old 05-19-2021, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
So families in Spain do not celebrate the childs Confirmation, no photos/family meal and just to church and after the Ceremony home?
Exactly. There is no party. It is the decision of each family in their privacy, whether or not to do something special, such as going out to lunch or dinner, but that is something common in our way of life: having dinner or lunch in restaurants whenever possible.
All my younger relatives have already been confirmed before First Communion, so they didn't have time for another party other than First Communion, but if I tell you about when I was young, I assure you that no one around me has a photo of that day. Maybe from the catechetical groups ...
The pink-yellow press is putting a lot of pressure on the Spanish royal family with this issue, and I am reading that the act will be in the same church where Leonor made her First Communion.
It's an open place, with a patio, and I don't think they can avoid the photo. Given that, we do not know what the Spanish Royal House will decide.
The press here is always looking for a reason for controversy, to sell covers and it does not matter what the queen and the king wanted for the day of the Confirmation of Eleanor. They will turn everything into a circus if they can't get a photo and if they get it, too.
We have to wait and see how the Royal House of Spain acts.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But if it so intimate then why announce it at all. Better to keep it secret or to have the Confirmation at the Chapel of La Zarzuela then it would be really intimate.
Yes that would be might thoughts too, the king made his there also with little or no fanfare.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:

its a family thing, but it was certainly a big thing when I was a kid. As everyone was being done at the same time the parties were mainly family but it was an occasion, though not as big as First Communion....
Old 05-19-2021, 10:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes that would be might thoughts too, the king made his there also with little or no fanfare.

It is not the same time. Felipe made First Communion in the chapel of Zarzuela and his daughter Leonor with her classmates. It is something normal that she wants to do it with her friends, especially because this year she leaves them forever, since she is leaving Wales for two years to study international bachelor
Felipe and Letizia have wanted to give "normality" to the lives of their daughters, and do the same as other children do, let them go to the rhythm of their friends or friends.
Before long, that will not be possible.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Princess Leonor, on a spiritual retreat in Guadarrama before her confirmation
Before that day, the Princess of Asturias has complied with one of the protocols prior to her confirmation, as confirmed by Vanitatis.
The Princess of Asturias has complied with one of the protocols prior to its confirmation, as confirmed by Vanitatis. Last Thursday she participated with her classmates A, B and C in a spiritual retreat in a country house in Guadarrama, a town near Madrid. The students were accompanied by the two priests of the school, priests Juan Manuel and Javier, and the tutors of each class. The retreat was interrupted at noon with a meal in which, unlike the sober menus of the school without carbohydrates or fried foods, this time there was a prize. The students enjoyed a paella and chicken with chips. And in the afternoon they returned to their homes.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...itual_3092951/
Old 05-21-2021, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Someone close to Leonor's environment at school, if the news is true, which is very likely to be true, is leaking data on Leonor's activities, so I am very happy that she is leaving that school and finishing her secondary studies in Wales.
From the activities of the Infanta Sofía almost never anything leaks out, so she must be someone related to Leonor's classmates.
PS: I forgot to comment that King Felipe VI was confirmed with his sisters and both are older. Then there was no age to do it either. Many things have changed.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:07 AM
Majesty

Princess Leonor Confirmation: May 28, 2021

Princess Leonor will receive the sacrament of Confirmation on May 28 in the Asunción de Nuestra Señora Parish (Aravaca), the same church where she made her First Communion, on May 20, 2015. The daughter of the kings King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia , along with the students from her class at the Santa María de Los Rosales school, will be confirmed at 12 in the morning in the presence only of her parents and her sister, the Infanta Sofía.

As the religious magazine Vida Nueva Digital has learned, Princess Leonor as well as the rest of the students of the Santa María de los Rosales school will receive the anointing with the scented oil and the imposition of hands in a ceremony that will be presided over by Juan Carlos Merino, bishop of the area.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...-confirmacion/
Old 05-27-2021, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we will see pictures...When Leonor had her First Communion, there were journalists outside taking pictures. We didn't see the ceremony back then, but we saw the Royal Family outside the church. So maybe we will see them walk in.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think we will see pictures...When Leonor had her First Communion, there were journalists outside taking pictures. We didn't see the ceremony back then, but we saw the Royal Family outside the church. So maybe we will see them walk in.

There will be definite media presence for sure and possibly we'll see photos of the Royal Family entering and leaving the church.

A photo of the church of Our Lady of the Assumption

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...C3%B1ora_5.jpg
Old 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM
Nobility

As a curiosity, Queen Letizia was confirmed in the Zarzuela chapel before getting married and acted as her godfather, Prince Felipe, her fiancé

Being the same Church where she made her First Communion, they will not be able to avoid the photos, because the entrance is an open patio, so it is better to let the photographers pass and pose for a moment.

Quote:
A photo of the church of Our Lady of the Assumption

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...C3%B1ora_5.jpg

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...r-gtres2-a.jpg
Old 05-27-2021, 06:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
As a curiosity, Queen Letizia was confirmed in the Zarzuela chapel before getting married and acted as her godfather, Prince Felipe, her fiancé

Being the same Church where she made her First Communion, they will not be able to avoid the photos, because the entrance is an open patio, so it is better to let the photographers pass and pose for a moment.
I did not know that Queen Letizia had been confirmed before the wedding. Did news come out at the time about that?