The baby's possible godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think Felipe and Letizia will choose?

• King Juan Carlos or Queen Sofia

Votes: 51 33.3%
  • Infanta Elena or Jaime de Marichalar

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Infanta Cristina or Iñaki Urdangarín

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • Jesús Ortiz or Paloma Rocasolano

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Menchú Alvarez (Letizia's paternal grandmother)

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Francisco or Enriqueta Rocasolano (Letizia's maternal grandparents)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Telma Ortiz or Erika Ortiz (Letizia's sisters)

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Members of another Royal Family (please specify)

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Other suggestion, please specify

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King and CP'ss Máxima

I'd say King Juan Carlos and Crown Princess Máxima.
Juan Carlos for obvious reasons (I mean, Felipe had his paternal grandfather as his Godfather too so I'd say that Leonor will have her grandfather as a godparent too) and Crown Princess Máxima because she's Catholic and I always had the idea she's a friend of Letizia.

Well, i'll be angry if Letizia&Felipe don't choose Máxima as Leonor's godmother: she's catholic, she speaks spanish and she is a friend of Letizia...
Máxima will be very proud if they choose her as Leonor's godmother

Princess Maxima said:
Well, i'll be angry if Letizia&Felipe don't choose Máxima as Leonor's godmother: she's catholic, she speaks spanish and she is a friend of Letizia...
I'm sure she would, but you shouldn't stress yourself about that. I understand that you like Máxima very much (I also like her), but the most natural thing to happen is that the godparents will be chosen among family members...

Princess Maxima said:

I'll probably discard Maxima for now. At least for the first-born. Tradition shows that the Spanish Royals always choose the immediate family first for godparents. Maybe for Leonor's younger siblings she'll be a godmother.

I think they will choose King Juan Carlos and Menchu Alvarez.

The Kings will be godparents!:)
From "El Mundo":
LEONOR SERÁ BAUTIZADA EL 14 DE ENERO. El bautizo de la Infanta Leonor, primera hija de los Príncipes de Asturias, se celebrará el sábado 14 de enero en una ceremonia religiosa en el Palacio de la Zarzuela. Sus padrinos serán Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía. La pequeña, que nació el 31 de octubre en Madrid, será bautizado con dos meses y medio de edad y recibirá las aguas bautismales en el mismo lugar que su padre, el Príncipe Felipe; sus tías Elena y Cristina y los otros seis nietos de los Reyes. (Foto: REUTERS)

Last edited:
well... i think one of the Kings will be Leonor's godparents (either the king or queen), but i never see it coming that both of them will be her godparents.
but, over all, it's a great choice....

It was confirmed that King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia will be Leonor's godparents.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom