The baby's possible godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think Felipe and Letizia will choose?

• King Juan Carlos or Queen Sofia

Votes: 51 33.3%
  • Infanta Elena or Jaime de Marichalar

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Infanta Cristina or Iñaki Urdangarín

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • Jesús Ortiz or Paloma Rocasolano

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Menchú Alvarez (Letizia's paternal grandmother)

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Francisco or Enriqueta Rocasolano (Letizia's maternal grandparents)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Telma Ortiz or Erika Ortiz (Letizia's sisters)

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Members of another Royal Family (please specify)

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Other suggestion, please specify

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i'm shure, Cristina and Iñaki?????? They are not gonna be the godparents off this Baby! NO WAY!!
0131.gif

And if letizia have to chose between Elena and Cristina, She will go for Elena First!!
0473.gif

Last edited:
I think most likely would be one of King Juan Carlos or Queen Sofia would be the godfather/ godmother for the first baby of The Princes.

lapopdiva said:
One thing i'm shure, Cristina and Iñaki?????? They are not gonna be the godparents off this Baby! NO WAY!!
0131.gif

And if letizia have to chose between Elena and Cristina, She will go for Elena First!!
0473.gif

I actually think that if the choice comes down to being between Elena or Cristina for this baby, it would be Cristina. Cristina and Inaki are the only two members of the family who supported Felipe and Letizia from the very beginning when the King and Queen and Elena and Jamie were opposed to Letizia as the future Princess of Asturias. Elena and Jamie did not like that Letizia did not come from nobility, not to mention the previous marriage factor.

Whether it is actually true or not in actuality, I have seen more pictures of Felipe and Letizia with the Urdangarins and their children than Felipe and Letizia with the de Marichalars and their kids. Felipe and Letizia have been photographed going out for a birthday dinner with Inaki, they spent an afternoon at the park with Cristina and her sons, last Christmas they went to the circus with Cristina and her kids (as well as one of Letizia's sisters and her niece), Letizia's niece went to the beach with Inaki and his sons (with Prince Kyril and Crown Prince Haakon and their kids). There are much fewer pictures of Elena and Jamie and their kids on outings with Felipe and Letizia.

If Elena is chosen, I would think it would be more because she is the elder sister than because of closeness, as much as that isn't right to think of favouritism amongst siblings.

But I don't think it will be either of the Infantas. I think it will be either the King or Queen and someone from Letizia's family.

Alexandria said:
I actually think that if the choice comes down to being between Elena or Cristina for this baby, it would be Cristina. Cristina and Inaki are the only two members of the family who supported Felipe and Letizia from the very beginning when the King and Queen and Elena and Jamie were opposed to Letizia as the future Princess of Asturias. Elena and Jamie did not like that Letizia did not come from nobility, not to mention the previous marriage factor.

Whether it is actually true or not in actuality, I have seen more pictures of Felipe and Letizia with the Urdangarins and their children than Felipe and Letizia with the de Marichalars and their kids. Felipe and Letizia have been photographed going out for a birthday dinner with Inaki, they spent an afternoon at the park with Cristina and her sons, last Christmas they went to the circus with Cristina and her kids (as well as one of Letizia's sisters and her niece), Letizia's niece went to the beach with Inaki and his sons (with Prince Kyril and Crown Prince Haakon and their kids). There are much fewer pictures of Elena and Jamie and their kids on outings with Felipe and Letizia.

If Elena is chosen, I would think it would be more because she is the elder sister than because of closeness, as much as that isn't right to think of favouritism amongst siblings.

But I don't think it will be either of the Infantas. I think it will be either the King or Queen and someone from Letizia's family.

Hy Alexandria.i know all the strory you are telling me here.But Letizia have a good relationship with Elene as well.You don't see pictures off those two together but they do a lot together.If Letizia chose Elena is not because she's the older sister.It's because Letizia have a good relation with here also.But One think i agree with you, is that The king and a family member of letizia will be the godparents.But yust wait and see what's going to happend when the baby is born.And then we return Into here.But for now i just asume what's gonna happend.I'm 99% it's not gonna be cristina and Iñaki.And if she have to chose between Cristina and elena.Elena will win.

Last edited:
I think that their choices are limited because they are Catholic. It kinda rules out most of the other royal families except Belgiam, Monaco & Luxembourg.
Perhaps godparents will be

* Queen Sophia
* Jesus Ortiz (or is he excluded because he is divorced from Letizia's mother)
* Prince Albert of Monaco
* Infanta Cristina
* CP Mathilde
* GD Henri

I also think that the godfather will be Mr.Ortiz and the Queen the godmother.

Princess Maxima said:
I think the godparents will be Willem-Alexander(he is very close with Felipe) or Máxima(as she is also catholic and friend of Leti)

I did not know that Willem and Felipe were such good friends or about Maxima and Letizia. I know that it was Maxima who said that she and the other Crown Princesses had dubbed Letizia "Metizia" but that doesn't mean that they are good friends.

Of all the Crown Princes, I think Felipe and Haakon are better friends than Willem and Felipe as I have rarely seen them together even at joint royal gatherings. Haakon has made numerous private visits to Spain as well as official ones. Even Phillippe of Belgium has made more official visits to Spain than Willem.

Princess Maxima said:
I think the godparents will be Willem-Alexander(he is very close with Felipe) or Máxima(as she is also catholic and friend of Leti)

I didn't know Maxima is catholic; is she still catholic after the marriage?Will Dutch have a catholic queen?

im not sure what i vote other! but i vote other of member Royal Family

maybe CP Willem-Alex and Maxima of the Netherlands or CP Haakon and M-M of Norway but we have wait and see who chose for godparents of couples's baby

Sara Boyce

mariamastrazza said:
I didn't know Maxima is catholic; is she still catholic after the marriage?Will Dutch have a catholic queen?

Yes, Maxima is still catholic, though her children will be raised in a protestant way.

As for the godparents: I think the couple will choose among their parents!

I don't believe some member of letizia family can be the godfathers of baby . The prince and the infantas godfathers all they are members of Spanish royal house I don't believe that the future king godfathers can be a member of letizia family. maybe other children of the princes the future infants.

meac said:
I don't believe some member of letizia family can be the godfathers of baby . The prince and the infantas godfathers all they are members of Spanish royal house I don't believe that the future king godfathers can be a member of letizia family. maybe other children of the princes the future infants.

It is not indicative of anything. The King chose members of his family, and they all were members of the royalty, but nobody of the Family of the Queen Sofia was chosen because they had another religion. The political, familiar and religious situation has changed very much since then. Also following historical modals the godfather in the wedding of the Princes must have been the King, nevertheless since in any wedding the godfather was the father of the fiance.
The times have changed now not all the relatives are members of the royalty and the Infantas have chosen a member of every family for their first-born ones.

The Princes will worry for choosing someone who takes care of their son and not because the godfathers are of the royalty or not.

I know the time changed but to my opinion maybe the godfathers can be the Kings. or maybe an Infanta. I don't think that it can be Paloma or Francisco. maybe the grandmother Mrs. Menchu and the King or some Infanta or the Queen. well we well see when the baby born.

I'm guessing Infanta Christina, Princess Victoria of Sweden, and Princess Mary of Denmark will be among the godmothers, and Prince Charles/Prince William of Great Britain, and Prince Haakon of Norway will be among the godfathers.

It will be so exciting...so many royal babies and so many royal christenings so soon!

Nichola said:
I'm guessing Infanta Christina, Princess Victoria of Sweden, and Princess Mary of Denmark will be among the godmothers, and Prince Charles/Prince William of Great Britain, and Prince Haakon of Norway will be among the godfathers.

It will be so exciting...so many royal babies and so many royal christenings so soon!

There'll be only one godfather and one godmother as this is the Catholic tradition.;)

I voted royals from another royal family, and then i meaning Fredrik, Palovs or Haakon. I think Infanta Cristina will be a godmother.. and maybe Telma or Erica Ortiz.

Anna_R said:
There'll be only one godfather and one godmother as this is the Catholic tradition.;)
Oh, you are right. I wasn't thinking!

In that case, I'm guessing Infanta Christina as godmother, and Prince Charles as godfather.

Nichola said:
Oh, you are right. I wasn't thinking!

In that case, I'm guessing Infanta Christina as godmother, and Prince Charles as godfather.

Prince Charles is not catholic.

The godfathers will be members of the family of it there is no doubt.;)

i voted for infanta elena as she is really close with felipe...
as for letizia's part i think it will be menchu or her father jose luis.

Last edited:
carlota said:
i voted for infanta elena as she is really close with felipe...
as for letizia's part i think it will be menchu or her father jose luis.

Jose Luis was the grandfather of Letizia, the name of her father is Jesus.;)

My guess would be the King and mom Paloma or the Queen and dad Jesus. I really believe that the godparents will be the heir's grandparents.

Felipe & Letiza's baby

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

and

Prince Charles
Princess Victoria
Prince William
Infanta Elena
Infanta Cristina

My gues Will be the King with Menchu.Ore

Beltran Comez acebo with Thelma Ortíz.

I would love to see Cp Phillip or Cp Mathilde of Belgium as a godparent of the new spanish baby .

Does this baby get 2 godparents or more ?

Its interesting how they only get two godparents when other monarchy's use more than that. Is it because it is a Catholic Monarchy? Just wondering.

Anna_R said:
Only 2, a godmother and a godfather;)

Lady Jennifer said:
Its interesting how they only get two godparents when other monarchy's use more than that. Is it because it is a Catholic Monarchy? Just wondering.
Yes, Catholics only have two godparents. Same happened with the children of Phillippe and Mathilde of Belgium.

I would much rather see two godparents rather than the vulgar display of multiple godparents at the baptisms of Marie-Chantal and Pavlos' children.(those two get on my last nerve)

I'm betting on HM Juan Carlos and Senora Menchu Alvarez as being named godparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom