Imperial Majesty

President of Portugal bid farewell to King Felipe and Queen Letizia

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0161130_45.jpg
http://static.globalnoticias.pt/jn/i...20161130194800

Old 12-01-2016, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 12-01-2016, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a warm farewell hug between the King and the Portuguese president at the end of the video And, just before the hug, I can clearly hear Felipe saying "...when you (informal you) come to Spain (...)". Yesterday I read in some Portuguese media that President Rebelo de Sousa told the press that he looked forward to visit again Spain in 2017 (he made sort of an introductory visit last Spring) so I guess we can talk about a returning State Visit in Madrid next year? Sounds excellent.

This visit has been very nice to watch and surprisingly dazzling IMO. I, for some reason, expected a much more lowkey affair, but it has been awesome. All the places the events took place in look beautiful (Portugal is such a gorgeous country!) and the hosts were incredibly attentive and warm (which should not come as a surprise since Portugal is one of the most welcoming countries I know ) I'm sure F&L left the country with excellent feelings, and for us Spaniards is always excellent to see how the relationships with our nice neighbours is so positive.

They were so concerned to make F&L feel at home, that even the left and communists parties at the National Assembly didn't applaud and stayed sitted after Felipe's speech!
El Rey proclama la "obligación" del Parlamento de dar respuesta a las "inquietudes" de los ciudadanos | España Home | EL MUNDO
Translation

(This is obviously a joke and it doesn't shade the brilliance of the visit in any case)

BTW: the Presidency of the Republic has on its website another video from the last event:
http://www.presidencia.pt/?idc=37&idi=118701

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!