Spanish State Visit to Argentina. March 24 to 27, 2019.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The Argentine Government has advanced some data on the agenda.

Los reyes de España visitarán la Argentina e inaugurarán con Macri el Congreso de la Lengua - Política | LaPrensa.com.ar

March 24

Arrival to Buenos Aires

March 25

Floral offering in the statue of General San Martín

Lunch with President Macri and his wife, Juliana Awada

Visit to the Congress to talk with deputies and senators

Gala Dinner at the CCK, offered by the Argentine government

March 26

Forums and business meetings with Spanish and Argentine businessmen

Activities with the Spanish community

King and Queen will offer a dinner for the Argentine authorities

March 27

Inauguration of the VIII International Congress of the Spanish Language in the city of Córdoba

What is happening with this state visit?
I read on twitter that it was canceled:sad:.

I guess the only reason they pull this through before the elections is the congress of spanish language, the Kings would have travelled to Argentina for this event anyway.

Two State visits back to back for Argentina!

This visit was never canceled, it has always been published that it went ahead.

Before the start of the electoral campaign (April 12) the government still has some capacity to work, the problematic period is when the elections have passed and a new government has not yet been formed.

The main objective of this trip was the inauguration of the Congress of the Language, an event to which the King of Spain always goes and which is not of a political nature. In addition, Argentina has a large Spanish community and there are many mutual business interests. All this allows them to close a good visit, but without agreements of a more political nature. For example, a trip like the one to Morocco where a dozen agreements were signed between the two countries would not be possible now.

Spanish Government confirms the visit

Viaje de Estado de Sus Majestades los Reyes a Argentina

https://www.elconfidencial.com/ulti...a-para-realizar-una-visita-de-estado_2074830/

On March 26, there will be a meeting between Queen Letizia and representatives of the Ibero-American Alliance of Rare and Uncommon Diseases, among which is the Argentine Federation of Uncommon Diseases (FADEPOF).

Argentina será sede del encuentro entre ALIBER y La Reina de España Doña Letizia > FADEPOF | Federación Argentina de Enfermedades Poco Frecuentes

Last edited by a moderator:
Provisional agenda taken from press reports:

Sunday 24

-Arrival with honors at the airport

Monday 25

-Floral offering at the Monument of General San Martín

-Official welcome at the Casa Rosada

-Private meeting of the King and the President

-Meeting of the two delegations

-Meeting of the Queen and the First Lady on "early childhood and rare diseases"

-Private lunch with the President and the First Lady

-Visit to the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies and meeting with their presidents

-Visit to the Supreme Court and meeting with its president

-State dinner at the Kirchner Cultural Centre

Tuesday 26

-The King has breakfast with Spanish and Argentinian business people at the Argentinian Foreign Ministry

-The King takes part in an event about entrepreneurship at the Telefónica headquarters organised by the COTEC Foundation (The King is the honorary president of the Foundation)

-The Queen has a meeting with representatives from ALIBER (Ibero-American Alliance of Rare and Uncommon Diseases)

-Reception with about 800-1000 members of the Spanish community in Argentina (There are about 500000 Spaniards in Argentina, the biggest Spanish community outside Spain)

-The King receives representatives from the Latin American Jewish Congress in audience

-The King and Queen offer a return reception in honor of their hosts

-Flight to Córdoba

Wednesday 27

-VIII International Congress of the Spanish Language

The King will give speeches (at least) at the state dinner, the entrepreneurship event at Telefónica and the reception with the Spanish community

Last edited:
Interesting that for the spanish King and Queen there is a State Dinner and not only a State breakfeast/lunch like for the danish Queen. Lets hope that there will be at last long gowns for the woman.

Last edited:
Interesting that for the spanish King and Queen there is a State Dinner and not only a State breakfest/lunch like for the danish Queen. Lets hope that there will be at last long gowns for the woman.

A small glimmer of hope and lets hope there will be no leather except on the furniture ;)

I think since the 80s the dress code for state dinners in Argentina has always been dark suit and short dress, it seems highly unlikely they'll change it for this visit when the Danish visit didn't even get a state dinner, and the state visits for the Obamas and Juan Carlos and Sofia kept the short dress/dark suit dress code.

I think since the 80s the dress code for state dinners in Argentina has always been dark suit and short dress, it seems highly unlikely they'll change it for this visit when the Danish visit didn't even get a state dinner, and the state visits for the Obamas and Juan Carlos and Sofia kept the short dress/dark suit dress code.

Thanks. There goes my hopes. So disappointing.

Thanks. There goes my hopes. So disappointing.

Im really suprised they will host a state dinner:flowers: so there is at least a chance we will see some nice earrings. Im not very optimistic about the long dress dress code, but i can remember during the official vist to peru in 2010 mens wore suit and Ladies long dress maybe its something similiar in Argentine (I dont think so)

When hosting a King and Queen they should pull out all the stops but sadly thats no longer the case.

Got to feel for them. After a very long flight, being stuck on their plane for an extra hour as no stairs can be found, would not be fun for anyone.

Queen Letizia and King Felipe had to wait nearly 1hour in plane because they could not find a suitable /high enough stairs.

There are no stairs for big planes at the airport they landed, only for the presidential plane, and the stairs for that plane where in a hangar only accessible through a fingerprint scanner, and they couldn't find the person who could open it. They even thought about sending the airplane to a different airport when they couldn't get to the presidential stairs.

It was an organisation mess, I'm sure some people at the airport and the protocol office are going to have a very bad day today. :whistling:

There are no stairs for big planes at the airport they landed, only for the presidential plane, and the stairs for that plane where in a hangar only accessible through a fingerprint scanner, and they couldn't find the person who could open it. They even thought about sending the airplane to a different airport when they couldn't get to the presidential stairs.

It was an organisation mess, I'm sure some people at the airport and the protocol office are going to have a very bad day today. :whistling:

What à mess ! Why havent they anticipated this situation :(

oh my. that sounds like logistical nightmare - what a terrible image to give on such an important ocasion.

Events on line

Floral offering at the Monument of General San Martín

Meeting at at the Casa Rosada

State dinner at the Kirchner Cultural Centre

The King and Queen at Casa Rosada with the President and his wife.

Strange that Letizia is absent from the key events of the State Visit like visiting Congress etc she used to be present at previous State Visits (Mexico, France, UK).

Back
Top Bottom