Spanish Official Visit to Germany: December 1-2, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The trips will be completed the next 1 and 2 December in Berlin, where they will have opportunity to meet with German President Joachim Gauck, and the head of government, Angela Merkel.

Los Reyes viajan mañana a Roma para su primera visita oficial a Italia - Martes, 18 Noviembre 2014 (11:01)

According to the German press, on December 1 they will meet with German authorities in Berlin and on day 2 they will attend entrepreneurial activities in Bielefeld and Gütersloh.

Ostwestfalen erwartet spanisches Königspaar | Neue Westfälische - OWL

Official visit to the Federal Republic of Germany

December 1 - King Felipe and Queen Letizi visit Berlin

Reception and lunch with the President of Germany, Joachim Gauck at Bellevue Palace

Visit the Brandenburg Gate accompanied by the Mayor of Berlin, with whom they will have a meeting at City Hall

Meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Meeting with Norbert Lammert, president of the Bundestag

Reception at the Embassy of Spain in Berlin to a representation of German society

December 2 - King Felipe visits North Rhine-Westphalia

Visit to the new Research and Development Center of the Spanish company Gestamp in Bielefeld

Visit to the Bertelsmann corporate headquarters in Gütersloh

Lunch of the Hispano-German Business Council

Viaje de SS.MM. los Reyes a Alemania

Last edited by a moderator:
President Joachim Gauck welcomes Felipe and Letizia with military honours at the Schloss Bellevue at 12.30.
www.bundespraesident.de Der Bundespräsident Terminkalender Begrüßung Ihrer Majestäten König Felipe VI und Königin Letizia von Spanien

Klaus Wowereit, the mayor of Berlin, welcomes Felipe and Letizia at the Pariser Platz at the Brandenburger Gate at 14.40. After that they will go to Berlin City Hall.
Wowereit empfängt König Felipe VI. von Spanien und Königin Letizia - Berlin.de

Last edited:
Its quite cold I believe in Berlin hope the King and Queen are wrapped up!

They all look very relaxed and smiling!

I think you´re right! The german commentators of the live coverage kept on stating how "tensed" and "insecure" the King looked and that he´s still needed time to fit into his role....!:ermm:
I was mystified about these comments as they seemed to have seen a different King of Spain as I did...:whistling:

They all seem to be freezing during the welcome ceremony. Nice colour for the queen, red suits her very well.

Last edited:
I know they visited the Brandenburg Gate already, but I wonder if Felipe and Letizia will visit it at night sometime. I visited Berlin with some friends a few years ago, and we saw the Brandenburg Gate at night and it was spectacular. I loved how it illuminated in different colours. I also wonder if Felipe and Letizia will visit Charlottenburg Palace, it's one of my favourite Royal Palaces.

I don't know much about President Guack, but I read that he has a partner, who I think is called Daniel Shack (or something similar). Why wasn't she present at when Felipe and Letizia met President Guack and Angela Merkel? I understand that she is his partner, though I also read that sometimes the President's partner acts as First Lady (e.g. Valerie Trierweiler).

Last edited:
I don't know much about President Guack, but I read that he has a partner, who I think is called Daniel Shack (or something similar). Why wasn't she present at when Felipe and Letizia met President Guack and Angela Merkel? I understand that she is his partner, though I also read that sometimes the President's partner acts as First Lady (e.g. Valerie Trierweiler).

Not sure what you mean? Gauck is in a long-term relationship with Daniela Schadt, a journalist, who acts as first lady. Today, she received F&L together with President Gauck. There is some controversy about it because Gauck is a pastor and is still married to his first wife but separated for decades.

Angela Merkel is married to a Professor of chemistry, a high level scientist. He is hardly ever present in Merkels work life.

The Mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, is gay and has a partner. Sometimes he is present but today he wasnt.

DM article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-arrive-Berlin-ahead-two-day-state-visit.html

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean? Gauck is in a long-term relationship with Daniela Schadt, a journalist, who acts as first lady. Today, she received F&L together with President Gauck. There is some controversy about it because Gauck is a pastor and is still married to his first wife but separated for decades.

It was just something I heard. Forgive me as I'm not German nor am I knowledgeable about Germany, so I might have got that incorrect. I meant that the partner of the President sometimes performs the same duties that a First Lady would, even though she isn't married to the President.

It was just something I heard. Forgive me as I'm not German nor am I knowledgeable about Germany, so I might have got that incorrect. I meant that the partner of the President sometimes performs the same duties that a First Lady would, even though she isn't married to the President.

Not a problem :flowers: Yes, Daniela Schadt does full duties as First Lady, even though they are not married. People don't bother much. There was so much controversy about Gauck's predecessor Wulff and his drama queen wife, that people are now happy with an unpretentious and well liked president couple. Gauck is a well respected figure in the fight against Eastern German dictatorship, as a pastor he played an important role in the peaceful movement that lead to German Unification.

I think you´re right! The german commentators of the live coverage kept on stating how "tensed" and "insecure" the King looked and that he´s still needed time to fit into his role....!:ermm:
I was mystified about these comments as they seemed to have seen a different King of Spain as I did...:whistling:

I honestly haven't seen any footage but judging by the pics to me Letizia was even glowing... I've seen them tense or serious other times than this... Oh well...maybe the commentator wanted to hold the audience's attention;)

Perhaps he was just cold and not used to the chill of a Berlin Winters day!

Back
Top Bottom