Spanish Introductory Visit to the Vatican: June 30, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I wonder why they didn't include Jordan in their first round of foreign trips, given their friendship with the JRF. Can't wait to see them though.

^ I wonder why they didn't include Jordan in their first round of foreign trips, given their friendship with the JRF. Can't wait to see them though.

Might it be that France's immediate neighbours and strategically important countries come before other royal families with whom they enjoy a warm relationship with?

Spain is bigger than Belgium or the Netherlands, and they have had little time to plan a route in all provinces. They often attend events across Spain, so at first the will visit different places, but not in an official tour. Next week they will travel to Cataluña to attend Impulsa Forum of the Prince of Girona Foundation.

They will have tomorrow their first public event in Madrid, where they will meet with associations of victims of terrorism.

I wonder if they will take the girls to the Vatican, they haven't meet Pope Francis yet.

Might it be that France's immediate neighbours and strategically important countries come before other royal families with whom they enjoy a warm relationship with?

I'm not saying that they should visit Jordan before other countries. I simply wondered why Jordan wasn't on the list. I mean I know that the SRF has a good relationship with their Moroccan counterpart so I'm curious that Jordan isn't included at this stage. But thank you for your answer anyway. :flowers:

I wonder if they will take the girls to the Vatican, they haven't meet Pope Francis yet.

I would love to see that! Those little girls are so beautiful. At least Leonor should be taken, as she is now Princess of Asturias and Heiress-Presumptive.

I'm not saying that they should visit Jordan before other countries. I simply wondered why Jordan wasn't on the list. I mean I know that the SRF has a good relationship with their Moroccan counterpart so I'm curious that Jordan isn't included at this stage. But thank you for your answer anyway. :flowers:
I think right now, countries with the most priority would be those close to Spain. Portugal, Morocco and France are the closest countries and Spain's borders. Vatican is just because of the Catholic faith, as a new King and Queen they should have the blessing of the Pope.

Following this Introductory Visits, Belgium, England, Germany, Netherlands and Jordan should follow, as well as the scandinavian countries.

I think right now, countries with the most priority would be those close to Spain. Portugal, Morocco and France are the closest countries and Spain's borders. Vatican is just because of the Catholic faith, as a new King and Queen they should have the blessing of the Pope.

Following this Introductory Visits, Belgium, England, Germany, Netherlands and Jordan should follow, as well as the scandinavian countries.

This makes sense to me. Thanks. :flowers:

Anyway I hope they are going to bring the new PoA to Vatican although it's unlikely to happen?

Anyway I hope they are going to bring the new PoA to Vatican although it's unlikely to happen?
I don't know, no one knows. But when the Pope visits Spain, they bring the girls to meet him. The visit in 2006 they took baby Leonor and the visit in 2011 they took both girls.
However this time is a work visit as new King and Queen, maybe they won't take the girls, if it were a private visit, I would be almost 100% that they would go with their parents. This way I don't know, but we'll see...

Last edited:
This makes sense to me. Thanks. :flowers:

I suspect the PoA probably needs to go to school.

I would love to see that! Those little girls are so beautiful. At least Leonor should be taken, as she is now Princess of Asturias and Heiress-Presumptive.
This is the first visit to the Vatican by King Felipe and Queen Letizia. Unlike previous private visits, this is a State Visit. Children do not usually accompany their parents on such occasions.

The girls begin this week summer vacation.

This is the first visit to the Vatican by King Felipe and Queen Letizia. Unlike previous private visits, this is a State Visit. Children do not usually accompany their parents on such occasions.
This is not a State visit, it's an Introductory Visit. They're diferent;)

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia con Su Santidad el Papa Francisco

casareal calls this visit 'audience with HH pope francis'

I am curious about the dress code. 10 years ago F&L had a private audience with Pope John Paul II in full gala wear:
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=b60b0eaa-e9f1-411e-ac28-b8366de49241
JC and Sofia went to see Pope Francis in ordinary business outfit, Sofia not even wearing a veil:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/48...r4b+CLNsv70aQAqStXyTg90EURJ93rtRY6LUPQevLbw==

Duke, I think it will be the second, Pope Franscisco has relaxed the protocol and it seems that now the dress code is more simple.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia con Su Santidad el Papa Francisco

casareal calls this visit 'audience with HH pope francis'

I am curious about the dress code. 10 years ago F&L had a private audience with Pope John Paul II in full gala wear:
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=b60b0eaa-e9f1-411e-ac28-b8366de49241
JC and Sofia went to see Pope Francis in ordinary business outfit, Sofia not even wearing a veil:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/48...r4b+CLNsv70aQAqStXyTg90EURJ93rtRY6LUPQevLbw==

Pope Francis is more more relaxed than his predecessors about the dress code,so anything other than leather should be ok for Letizia.

Pope Francis is wonderful. I don't think he cares what people wear, but how people treat other people.

At Pope Francis' inauguration mass protocol dictated gala uniform/morning dress for men, veil for the ladies.

So as many predicted - just a white business suit for Letizia. She does look very elegant. It is a pity that this new Pope is much more relaxed on protocol it would have been great to see Letizia in full white dress

I would have loved to see a white mantilla too, but regardless they both look quite good :)

Letizia does look lovely in white.

Back
Top Bottom