Spanish Introductory Visit to France: July 22, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Spanish Introductory Visit to France
Summer 2014​

The trip to France will be on July 22, according to press reports. Still no official confirmation of the Foreign Ministry.

Their Majesties will make ​​an official trip to France, on July 22, hosted by the President of France, François Hollande.

Their Majesties will be received by President of the National Assembly, Claude Bartolone, Senate President, Jean-Pierre Bel, and Prime Minister, Manuel Valls.

Viaje oficial de SS.MM. los Reyes de España a la República de Francia

Meeting with French President François Hollande and lunch at the Elysee Palace

Visit to the National Assembly at the Hôtel de Lassay, where they will meet the president of the institution, Claude Bartolone

Visit to Hôtel Matignon, official residence of the Prime Minister where they will meet with Manuel Valls

Visit the Petit Luxembourg, where they will meet with Senate President Jean Pierre Bel

Los Reyes concluyen el martes en ParÃ*s su gira por los paÃ*ses vecinos

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad that Hollande got messed up in a love triangle and there is no first lady as a counterpart for Letizia.

Last edited:
According to TVE's correspondant in Paris, President Hollande has invited KF and QL to pay a State Visit to France on Spring.

Queen Letizia and King Felipe of Spain meet French President Frances Hollande | Mail Online

Video
Allocution conjointe du président avec Sa Majesté Philippe VI, Roi d'Espagne - Vidéo Dailymotion

I am surprised that Felipe's french is quite wobbly, at least he doesnt sound like a regular speaker. I always was under the impression that the SRF spoke french, JC and Sofia to each other and possibly with their children (similar to QEII and DoE) but I may be wrong.

King Felipe's French is not so bad. I heard worst from some English-speaking politicians in Canada :lol:

How, I wonder is Pres Hollande's Spanish ???

Duke,I find his french good.
He has an accent but that's not a problem.Queen Elisabeth who is fluent in french has an accent too.An example of a bad speaker in french is the Duke of Cambridge.
You can't expect a foreigner to speak a language like a born speaker especially since French is a difficult language to learn.Imo,accent is secondary.

For example,it's a real pleasure for me to hear africans from our french colonies speaking french.Although they have an accent,they tend to use a vocabulary and a grammar that many of my co citizens are unable to use nowadays.

Many here , have been shocked to hear one of our former president use the "on n'a pas" instead of the more formal "nous n'avons pas"

Wyevale,I don't think François Hollande speaks spanish.He speaks english though.

Too bad that Hollande got messed up in a love triangle and there is no first lady as a counterpart for Letizia.

But what a relief there's no Sarkozy anymore and silly comparisons between Letizia & Carla Bruni! :lol:

The meeting was quite interesting to watch. The atmosphere seemed to be very warm and friendly. Let's see if Hollande invites them to his August wedding! ;) :D

letizia's hair was a mess... :(
yes, philippe's french is not perfect, but it's not bad, and i bet the french really appreciated him adressing the crowd in french. i see all the conversations took place in french: i wonder if letizia understands a bit, it must otherwise feel awkward for her...

Not all conversations took in French... The current Premier Ministre of my country, M Manuel Valls was born in Spain and became naturalized when he was 20 years old. When the King and his spouse ended the visit at the Palais de l'Élysée, the couple drove to the Rue Varenne, to l'Hôtel de Matignon, residence of M Valls. Most likely the King and his spouse had a pleasant conversation in Spanish...

Back
Top Bottom