Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 2: March 2016 - March 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Promoting? She just sold them irrc. And you can change your stance to things and not stuck to it. She is def someone who keeps herself healthy.

Promoting? She just sold them irrc. And you can change your stance to things and not stuck to it. She is def someone who keeps herself healthy.

that is true - she is definitely a healthy person now in any case, and i support any efforts to make other healthy. i am not judging it, i guess people change over the course of time. i just noted it as incongruent.

Yes she worked as a promo girl for cigarettes back in her younger days.
Queen Letizia photos show her selling tobacco when she was a student | Daily Mail Online

her english puzzles me because some words are pronounced with a very proper english accent, whilst some other times she made some basic grammar mistakes (such as saying 'gentlemens'). i guess it is the result of learning a language later in life, but obviously with good tutors who can correct her pronounciation.

english clearly doesn't come natural to her, considering that she has been living in an international environment with personal tutors etc for longer than 10 years, still struggling with grammar/pronounciation and not speaking freely.
i guess she had little to do with english in her school and professional years, until meeting felipe. learning as an adult is very difficult and it shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
her english puzzles me because some words are pronounced with a very proper english accent, whilst some other times she made some basic grammar mistakes (such as saying 'gentlemens'). i guess it is the result of learning a language later in life, but obviously with good tutors who can correct her pronounciation.

The "gentlemans" also sounded so odd to me, but then again the rest of her speech was well managed and I think she has a good level of English. She learned it as an adult and obviously is not a language she uses on a daily basis so some grammar mistakes may occur, as basic as they seem.

I remember one speech from Felipe, who is bilingual and speaks English at native level, in USA, and when he was apologizing because Letizia didn't accompany him he said that it was due to them "going to be fathers" :D :D :D

Almost everyone smoked back in the day. Look at old movies, etc. I did for 28 years, now can't stand the smell on people. While I was expecting my children, my doctor always had an ashtray on his desk and while talking after exams would smoke a cigarette with me, We were also told to relax with a wine or liquor/beer. So different now because science and medical associations have proven their ill affects. Heck, even back in the 80s you could still smoke in all movie houses and government buildings. Glad of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom