Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 2: March 2016 - March 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is really nice. Lovely color and matching purse

Queen Letizia and the President of Portugal Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa at the 7th European Conference 'Tobacco or Health' in Porto, Portugal today, March 23:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
:previous: She sounds nice in Portuguese, and actually spoke quite a lot in that language! Also in the video of her arrival I listened her greeting the President in Portuguese. She might have been learning some conversational Portuguese ;) Dedicated as always, our Letizia.

mmm... didn't letizia promote cigarettes during her time as a young woman in mexico? it is strange to see her now condemning its use when those photos are freely available.

anyway, moving on. good that she spoke a bit in portuguese! i wonder if she learnt it in her free time or if she just prepared a few sentences for this event. nice touch too to start by remembering the victims of the london attacks.

her english puzzles me because some words are pronounced with a very proper english accent, whilst some other times she made some basic grammar mistakes (such as saying 'gentlemens'). i guess it is the result of learning a language later in life, but obviously with good tutors who can correct her pronounciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom