Proclamation of King Felipe VI: June 19, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Viva el Rey" .. "Viva España" .."long live the King".

" King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia"

they were holding hands before entering the Parliament Hall

A standing ovation for Queen Sofia...obviously well deserved

The little Princesses, seated on their grand chairs, their feet not even reaching the floor... :flowers:

Can someone explain why the handshakes between a woman and a man is so high? Never seen that before.

I love the dresses of the infantas, and queen Sofia (does she keep that title?) is such a beautiful woman!

Paloma Rocasolano is also on the balcony.
Also Princess Irene, who is sitting behind Infantas Pilar and Margarita.
As well as King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie.

Last edited:
Eveline, I wondered whether the man was sketching a kiss of the hand, the old courtly gesture.

You can also see King Costantine on the balcony

King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are seated behind infanta Pilar, next to the duke and duchess of Calabria.

A 2nd applause for Q. Sofia, and earlier an applause for king Juan Carlos. Infanta Elena seemed rather moved.

-
A nice smile and kiss from the Queen for her husband after he took the oath. It is all very solemn and dignified.

King Felipe's speech is incredible - he is inspiring!

A very Wise & inspiring speech by king Feliepe ...

Last edited:
:previous:

Yes, quite a lot actually.

:previous:

Yes, quite a lot actually.

some people says streets are empty...other says they're full :ermm:
For what I've seen on tv you can see crowd but anything close to what was there for the Dutch and the Belgian Accessions

you can't compare it to the Dutch enthronement. It was the Queen's/King's day, which is just a big nation-wide party, really.
During the Belgian Accession it was also the National Day.

He is a great man. I wish him all the best in his reign. Princess Leonor :)D) and Infanta Sofia look lovely and I like that their dresses are different colours but the same style.

some people says streets are empty...other says they're full :ermm:
For what I've seen on tv you can see crowd but anything close to what was there for the Dutch and the Belgian Accessions

I think that the route was rather long so the people are more spread along it. For the Dutch event all spectators were at one square, driving through the center was impossible due to the crowds celebrating the national day & the lack of large avenues in Amsterdam. But in Madrid some areas seemed crowded, the beginning of the route was not, but that was not in the center of course. Anyway, we will see more when they drive through the city to the palace.

Edit: the crowd in front of the palace seems modest for now (it is a large square of course), but it still takes some time before the king and queen go to the palace.

Nice that the new Queen is taking such good care of her daughters during the event and now during the reception. The small infantas behaved impeccably.

Last edited:
Eveline, I wondered whether the man was sketching a kiss of the hand, the old courtly gesture.

I thought that too, but it looks a bit odd. Especially when the woman needs to curtsey. It must be difficult to find your balance that way.

Anyway, I didn't understand a thing of the speech, but I find it a beautiful, serene ceremony.

you can't compare it to the Dutch enthronement. It was the Queen's/King's day, which is just a big nation-wide party, really.
During the Belgian Accession it was also the National Day.

I know that and I've tried to make some people understand that. But I guess
there isn't any worse blind man that the one who doesn't want to see

Back
Top Bottom