The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 10-23-2021, 04:18 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 411
If the percentage between republicans and monarchists were 50-50, there would no longer be a parliamentary monarchy in Spain.
In fact, support for the monarchy does not drop below about 70 percent, more or less.
And there is no 30 percent of Republicans, since in that section, there are also those who do not think either in favor or against.
I suppose the Dutch monarchy is in worse condition when its King William has a support of only 47 percent of the population.

The Princess of Asturias Awards is a great event at a general level in Asturias and in Spain as well.
That group that protests comes from all corners of Spain! And every year! and they are such a small group that they have to get megaphones to make themselves heard hahahahaha
They are lucky that the regional government assigns them a square that is right in front of the "Campoamor", to be able to shout.
These awards are a great incentive for Oviedo, Asturias and Spain and the royal family is quite beloved there.
Without monarchy these awards would be nothing. It is a week of celebration and joy, of culture and joyful demonstrations. There is absolutely nothing negative (not even that tiny group that protests every year on the same site)

Leonor has been wonderful. A great speech, a lot of self-confidence, beautiful, sweet but with character, with a lot of content in the message ... although I suppose that this year she had less time to prepare that has not made her nervous. She is quite a veteran at 15 years old.
It is very lucky to have such an adorable princess.
Ah, when she speaks one of the winners in French, neither the king, nor the queen nor Eleanor nor Sofia use an online translator ... so we assume that French is another language that the family dominates
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-23-2021, 09:52 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 37,000
Queen Sofia received a very warm welcome last night at the Teatro Campoamor ahead of the ceremony.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-23-2021, 10:31 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
If the percentage between republicans and monarchists were 50-50, there would no longer be a parliamentary monarchy in Spain.
In fact, support for the monarchy does not drop below about 70 percent, more or less.
And there is no 30 percent of Republicans, since in that section, there are also those who do not think either in favor or against.
I suppose the Dutch monarchy is in worse condition when its King William has a support of only 47 percent of the population.

The Princess of Asturias Awards is a great event at a general level in Asturias and in Spain as well.
That group that protests comes from all corners of Spain! And every year! and they are such a small group that they have to get megaphones to make themselves heard hahahahaha
They are lucky that the regional government assigns them a square that is right in front of the "Campoamor", to be able to shout.
These awards are a great incentive for Oviedo, Asturias and Spain and the royal family is quite beloved there.
Without monarchy these awards would be nothing. It is a week of celebration and joy, of culture and joyful demonstrations. There is absolutely nothing negative (not even that tiny group that protests every year on the same site)

Leonor has been wonderful. A great speech, a lot of self-confidence, beautiful, sweet but with character, with a lot of content in the message ... although I suppose that this year she had less time to prepare that has not made her nervous. She is quite a veteran at 15 years old.
It is very lucky to have such an adorable princess.
Ah, when she speaks one of the winners in French, neither the king, nor the queen nor Eleanor nor Sofia use an online translator ... so we assume that French is another language that the family dominates

The Dutch monarchy is not at all in worse position as the question was not about the monarchy but about King Willem-Alexander "Do you have confidence in King Willem-Alexander?" (whatever "confidence" in a ceremonial position actually might mean) and it dropped from quite high in 2020 to quite low in 2021 because of the Greek holiday debacle.

After saying that, I can easily see the Netherlands, or Sweden, or Norway amongst the first batch of monarchies to tumble down. No bloodshed, all in a civilized and prudent manner. We are not in the Middle Ages.

The traditional "unsecure" monarchies (Spain and Belgium) are ironically much more secure, exactly because any change of the Constitution would be a severe threat to the core existence of Spain and Belgium itself. This existential threat is a double lock on the status-quo in Spain and Belgium, so to say. Because the Netherlands, or Sweden, or Norway, will simply continue in current state, changing the constitution from a monarchy to a republic is no threat to their existence as a state.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-24-2021, 12:57 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 411
To say that the Spanish monarchy is unstable is like when it is said that the Spanish are strict Catholics hahaha; Spain is one of the most socially liberal countries in every way. The greatest Spanish defect is classism, which continues to exist and is very strong
Holland or Belgium, the problem they have is being very young monarchies and with some scandals behind them for being so recent. Also for this reason, the monarchy of these two countries is justified as the very existence of the two nations. The monarchy is a justification for the very existence of these countries.
Actually, I think that if one of the European monarchies fell, it would somehow drag the others away. That is why we must be concerned with the behavior of all the members of each one of them.
Support for the Spanish crown or specifically for Felipe has always been very high and without a doubt, above any politician.
The Spanish monarchy is not protected by the press like the Dutch is and when something "escapes" and reaches the Dutch, it causes a slump in popularity, so if they lived without that protection, I am afraid that their popularity would be quite low. I do not think about the Belgian situation because it is very complex and it should be a Belgian citizen who will tell us.
We have already had two disastrous republics, but neither has destroyed the Spanish state, so I do not see their clarification.
In fact, during the republic, the independence movements were harshly repressed.
The danger for the Spanish monarchy is the daily judgment of the press, because the royal house does not defend itself from absolutely any defamation that is disseminated. Of course, the royal family depends a lot on its own conduct, but it doesn't help that most of the tabloid press, despite the blameless behaviors of our royal family, seek scandal over any nonsense.
And of course a lamentable political class at the moment.

As for the "Pueblo Ejemplar", I have loved the name of the viewpoint that her father asked for the Infanta Sofía and the king's speech when he made reference to the fact that Felipe and Letizia were newly married in 2004, they were in that area.
It is a small and isolated mountain town and it is one of the most beautiful events that brings with it the Princess of Asturias Awards
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-24-2021, 04:53 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,627


Last response in connection to the anti-monarchy demonstrations during the Premios Princesa de Asturias in Oviedo (the discussion about monarchies going down is better in another thread):

the Orange-Nassaus are in the Low Countries since 1403. Their continuous position on the highest office of state was made hereditary (!) in 1674.

And Belgium was under Spanish/Austrian Habsburg rule until 1795. It effectively makes them old monarchies to be fair, as a monarchy is a constitution in which the highest office is fulfilled by hereditary succession.

I agree that one European monarchy tumbling down will lead to a domino effect, we have seen that in 1840 or 1918.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-24-2021, 05:20 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 20,030
Yesterday the family could not travel to Santa María del Puerto by helicopter due to the fog, so they made the trip by road and passed in the town of Piedrafita de Babia, in the neighboring province of León.

https://www.diariodeleon.es/articulo...142157239.html

Spanish Royals Visit Santa Maria del Puerto de Somiedo
https://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen+...ria+del+Puerto
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-24-2021, 01:18 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

The surprise of the infanta Sofía when discovering her name in a viewpoint of Somiedo

Video
https://www.lne.es/videos/sociedad/2...-58736837.html
Sofía is so sweet! Her reaction is adorable. Very nice present from Somiedo's people, knowing that all these events are very much about Leonor.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-25-2021, 08:19 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 447
What a wonderful weekend!! What wonderful award week! The ceremony was very moving, the standing ovation the scientists who helped develop the different covid vaccines...

Leonor was magnificent, warm, engaged, learning how to speak in public with confidence with her personal sweetness, learning from her parents...It's amazing how much King Felipe has improved his public addresses since his marriage, Leonor already has the advantage of being coached by her mother, she'll be amazing by the time she's her father's age.

And it was great to see Sofía with her sister back home. We could see how sad she was in the photos Casa Real released when Leonor moved to Wales and on Thrusday Sofía kept hugging her sister's waist. And what a moving touch when the Exemplary Town unveiled the viewpoint named after her, the way Queen Letizia hugged Sofía and how moved she was...truly lovely.

A very nice gesture from the Royal Family: In a ceremony at the Royal Palace in July Queen Letizia invited the Asturian family of one of the youngest healthcare workers who died at 26 from Covid after they mentioned they would love to attend. When the date approched, Casa Real got in contact with them to handle the invitations.

The father explains in the following article how they received hugs from the King, Queen, Princess and Infanta and that they felt conforted by their affection. There's a photo of Queen Letizia hugging the mother at the link:

https://static2.elcomercio.es/www/mu...ElComercio.jpg

https://www.elcomercio.es/premios-pr...190157-nt.html
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-25-2021, 09:17 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
What a wonderful weekend!! What wonderful award week! The ceremony was very moving, the standing ovation the scientists who helped develop the different covid vaccines...

Leonor was magnificent, warm, engaged, learning how to speak in public with confidence with her personal sweetness, learning from her parents...It's amazing how much King Felipe has improved his public addresses since his marriage, Leonor already has the advantage of being coached by her mother, she'll be amazing by the time she's her father's age.

And it was great to see Sofía with her sister back home. We could see how sad she was in the photos Casa Real released when Leonor moved to Wales and on Thrusday Sofía kept hugging her sister's waist. And what a moving touch when the Exemplary Town unveiled the viewpoint named after her, the way Queen Letizia hugged Sofía and how moved she was...truly lovely.

A very nice gesture from the Royal Family: In a ceremony at the Royal Palace in July Queen Letizia invited the Asturian family of one of the youngest healthcare workers who died at 26 from Covid after they mentioned they would love to attend. When the date approched, Casa Real got in contact with them to handle the invitations.

The father explains in the following article how they received hugs from the King, Queen, Princess and Infanta and that they felt conforted by their affection. There's a photo of Queen Letizia hugging the mother at the link:

https://static2.elcomercio.es/www/mu...ElComercio.jpg

https://www.elcomercio.es/premios-pr...190157-nt.html
This is the meaning of being close to your people. She embraces, even in times of Covid, it is not a big, fake smile that is repeated every day. They are gestures of closeness, both physical and emotional, that she has always had.
The queen hugs, listens and does not mind mixing with the Spanish. She talks to everyone, and at these awards she meets many people who know her and who she knows because she has a prodigious memory.
Her charisma, her warmth and closeness are beyond question.
Her daughters "stick" to her in the exemplary town, because they are going to learn much more to relate to the citizens because the queen is always in dialogue with each other.
The best weekend of the whole year!
We will not see Leonor until December, if any event is organized for her, because in that month there is nothing special that her family does officially together.
I already have a very long wait
Sofía no longer looks so sad but happy to be with her sister, which does not show how close they are and how wonderful it is for them to enjoy their time together.
When Sofi was little, the then princess Letizia, said that Sofía followed Leonor as if she were her little goddess ... It is an adorable family.: flores:: flores:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Sofía is so sweet! Her reaction is adorable. Very nice present from Somiedo's people, knowing that all these events are very much about Leonor.


Last year the king asked for a viewpoint for Sofia and they have not been long. I love how they pamper the youngest of the family. Adorable: flores:
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-28-2021, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Honestly, almost all we are old members and protests regarding the SRF, here and in other events across the country, will sure hardly come by surprise unless someone is fairly new to royal watching. Along with the people clapping anywhere, as could be easly suspedted from a country where monarchy-republic polls have fluctuated around 50-50 for decades now.

But hey, your commitment to "let the truth be known" is formidable, let's not allow blind people to enjoy a no-drama royal watching. Quick, bring light to them before they foolishly go and happily comment on a royal bling!
While I have been present on these forums for some years, I have not followed Spanish royal news closely enough to be familiar with the applause, the protests, the polling, or TVE's coverage of the royal family, so I do appreciate information on these topics.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-02-2022, 06:57 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 20,030
2022 Princess of Asturias Awards

The solemn 2022 Princess of Asturias Awards Ceremony, to be presided over by Their Majesties The King and Queen of Spain and with the presence of Their Royal Highnesses The Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofía, will be held at 6:30pm this coming Friday 28th October at the Campoamor Theatre in Oviedo.

https://www.fpa.es/en/press-release-...4&especifica=1

This year the events are delayed a week to coincide with the school holidays of the Princess of Asturias.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-21-2022, 09:22 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 20,030
General Programme for the visit of TM the King and Queen of Spain and THR the Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofía on the ocassion of the 2022 Princess of Asturias Awards Ceremony

https://www.fpa.es/en/general-progra...4&especifica=1
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-21-2022, 09:40 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 37,000
Always a firm highlight of mine from the Spanish Royal Calendar!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-27-2022, 02:17 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 20,030
30th Princess of Asturias Awards Concert

Organized by the Princess of Asturias Foundation in collaboration with the Cajastur Foundation, flamenco singer Carmen Linares and flamenco dancer María Pagés, joint 2022 Princess of Asturias Laureates for the Arts, will share the stage in the flamenco performance entitled “Carmen and María. Two paths, but one gaze”.

https://twitter.com/rtvenoticias/sta...84660457177107

http://images.gtresnews.com/es/featu...CTUALITY_TODOS

https://www.elcomercio.es/premios-pr...201110-ga.html

https://www.heraldo.es/multimedia/im...de-asturias/1/

https://www.lne.es/fotos/premios-pri...52.html#foto=1

Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-27-2022, 03:07 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 69,272
Here are some more photos of tonight:


** hola article 1 ** hola article 2 ** hola article 3 **


** semana article 1 * semana article 2 ** semana article 3 ** casareal **


** gettyimages gallery: ESP: Spanish Royals Attend A Concert Ahead Of "Princesa De Asturias" Awards 2022 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-28-2022, 06:40 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 69,272
Here are some first photos of today, October 28:


** gtresnews gallery **




And a live link for the evening:


** casareal **

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-28-2022, 07:25 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 10,303

More photos:
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...22-audiencias/

https://www.hola.com/moda/actualidad...epciones-look/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...urias_3514298/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...urias_3514307/

Audience with the winners of the "Asturias Medals 2022"


King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, the Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofía receive the winners of the "Princess of Asturias Awards 2022"


Photos:
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...22-audiencias/

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...nes-premiados/

Queen Sofía has arrived in Oviedo.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...viedo_3514403/
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-28-2022, 09:20 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,529
In several photos Leonor just looks exactly like Elisabeth!
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess of Asturias Awards 2015-2019 lula King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 247 10-22-2019 06:25 PM




Popular Tags
abdullah ii africa albert prince consort all tags america arcadie arcadie claret british british royal family caroline charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death denmark duchess of kent elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako espana garsenda genealogy general news grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed harry history identifying introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials royal wedding spain spanish history spanish royal family state visit switzerland tiaras william wine glass woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises