The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2019, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Here are some first photos of the second day today, October 18:

** josepgegundez.photoshelter. gallery **

** gettyimages: ESP: Winners Audiences - Princess of Asturias Awards 2019 **

** rex gallery ** hola: La princesa Leonor acude en Oviedo a sus primeras audiencias **

** semana: Los Reyes, la Princesa Leonor y la Infanta Sofía reciben a los galardonados de los Premios Princesa de Asturias **

Old 10-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Nobility

Princess Leonor handed the Foundation's insignia to the laureates in her first public duty as Honorary President of the Foundation. Love the photos of the young Princess interacting with everyone. According to El País both Leonor and Sofía have spent weeks preparing for this, including studying the laureates biographies.

http://imagenes-cdn.lne.es/multimedi...reyes-70_g.jpg
Old 10-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Princess Leonor handed the Foundation's insignia to the laureates in her first public duty as Honorary President of the Foundation. Love the photos of the young Princess interacting with everyone. According to El País both Leonor and Sofía have spent weeks preparing for this, including studying the laureates biographies.

http://imagenes-cdn.lne.es/multimedi...reyes-70_g.jpg

It is impressive how they are so dedicated to their roles and take it so seriously at such young age, but I guess that is Felipe and Letizia's parenting style.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a taste of things to come with Leonor such dedication at a young ,then again the king her father is a rather good role model.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Leonor is almost 14 and Sofia is 12 and a half, they are grown up enough to attend this event being properly informed on what's going on. Honestly, to have read some resume of the laureates biography and achievements beforehand should be the bare minimum for anybody, I see nothing impressive or too demanding from them.

Then again, we are perhaps too acostumed to royals doing the bare minimum.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 10-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Leonor and Sofia are being well educated. Note that they are well prepared for the role they are beginning to play.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Leonor is almost 14 and Sofia is 12 and a half, they are grown up enough to attend this event being properly informed on what's going on. Honestly, to have read some resume of the laureates biography and achievements beforehand should be the bare minimum for anybody, I see nothing impressive or too demanding from them.

Then again, we are perhaps too acostumed to royals doing the bare minimum.
I think you are not giving the girls due credit. I don’t know many 13-year-olds who would spend weeks familiarizing themselves with the biographies of multiple laureates of a major international prize.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think you are not giving the girls due credit. I don’t know many 13-year-olds who would spend weeks familiarizing themselves with the biographies of multiple laureates of a major international prize.
Both girls have a totally different upbringing compared to ordinary 13 year olds. Who has a governess and private tutoring, grows up bilingual and is being groomed for public service by their parents, the kings of spain?

While I think that the girls are doing very well, I also think that is to be expected when they have been trained for outings like this evening since they were born.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Telma Ortiz is there with Robert Gavin Bonnar ,the husband of Irish musician Sharon Corr MBE.

Queen Sofia is also in attendance.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

That was too much emotion for 5 minutes. I recognize I shed a couple of tears

Leonor did incredibly well. Nervous at the beginning, but with panache and aplomb as she kept going and really confident towards the end when she spoke directly to the laureates. It was a pleasure to listen to her and I will forever remember how I witnessed this historical moment.

PD: My biggest concern, however, were both Queen Sofia and Paloma Rocasolano, I really feared any of them could faint due to emotion in any moment Grandmothers, they are the same everywhere!
Old 10-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes Telma is present with her boyfriend. Queen Letizia's mother and grandmother are also present. I don't know if Letizia's father is present.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...sa-asturias/1/

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...9-invitados/1/

https://www.hola.com/moda/actualidad...a-sofia-looks/

https://www.hola.com/moda/actualidad...019-look/??kkk

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...cesa-asturias/

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...-2019-directo/

Old 10-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Leonor did great, very natural way of speaking. She was beaming the whole time. Grandma Sofia was mentioned specifically and the cameras caught her not expecting to hear her name. She was really touched.
Grandma Paloma wasn't mentioned but she sat in the auditorium almost crying.
I did not expect Sofia Jr on the podium but the way she was seated was ok, Leonor clearly taking center stage with Felipe.
Now the first major steps into public life have been done this year and there is no way back.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Nobility

It's been incredibly emotional, I agree!! I'm still feeling it

Her parents almost burst with pride and Grandma Paloma was crying among the public. When she said that Asturias was her mother's land and that she had Asturian blood the applause interrupted her speech! She even said a few words in English to the laureates, what a Princess
Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Yes Telma is present with her boyfriend. Queen Letizia's mother and grandmother are also present. I don't know if Letizia's father is present.
He's sitting next to his mother. On his other side I'm pretty sure I saw his wife
Old 10-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Leonor made a beautiful speech and was very safe and happy.
This was just the beginning of her life as Princess of Asturias and there is no going back.
Leonor is beginning her royal duties at the right age and I am sure that from now on she will start appearing at more events regularly whenever her studies allow it.
This was a great moment for Leonor, his first time at such important awards and his first speech.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
It's been incredibly emotional, I agree!! I'm still feeling it

Her parents almost burst with pride and Grandma Paloma was crying among the public. When she said that Asturias was her mother's land and that she had Asturian blood the applause interrupted her speech! She even said a few words in English to the laureates, what a Princess
That moment was when I couldn't hold my two tears back. Everything was going smoothly until them, but the applause that followed that "I bear Asturian blood" and Leonor's smile was breathtaking, just beautiful.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The only one missing from the family is the Emeritus King Juan Carlos, who will be on his way to Majorca where he will attend the wedding of tennis player Rafael Nadal tomorrow, possibly together with Infanta Elena.